• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First X05 details announced

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Don't know the original source, found this on TX
Hellerup, 15th July 2005 — Microsoft confirmed that X05, the Xbox® brand experience for the games and entertainment industry, will be held on October 4th and 5th this year. The event will offer European industry leaders the chance to fully experience Xbox 360 and will mark the beginning of the next generation of gaming in Europe.

X05 will be held at a secret location in Europe and will see Europe’s top retailers, media, partners, publishers and developers immersed in a two-day experience where Microsoft will unveil more detailed plans for the new Xbox 360™ system that puts players at the centre of the most powerful next-generation games and entertainment experiences

Previous X0 events have been the setting for high-profile announcements such as European pricing details for Xbox (2001), Xbox® Live™ and the acquisition of Rare (2002), and a partnership with Epic Games and the unveil of the new Xbox branding (2003). They are also an important platform for third party publishers and developers to unveil major announcements and showcase forthcoming titles. Electronic Arts, Tecmo, Epic Games, and Ubisoft have all previously shared the stage with Microsoft spokespeople to announce exclusive titles.

Guests have been entertained by renowned acts such as Carl Cox, Groove Armada and Massive Attack, in stunning locations - X01 was memorably held in Pierre Cardin’s Bubble House in Cannes, whilst La Isla Magica (Seville) was the theme-park location of X02 and X03 saw guests at an exclusive beach club location in Juan-les-Pins.

A highlight of the gaming calendar, Xbox enjoys this opportunity to bring together gamers across Europe and create a unique and immersive experience for their guests. Commenting on the announcement, Chris Lewis, regional vice president, Xbox, Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), said: “We are very excited about X05 and believe this will prove to be a real highlight in the gaming calendar this year. We have a lot to say and even more to show people. Believe me, after X05 there will be no question that Xbox 360 is the next-generation”.

Xbox will be sending out more communication and invitations over the next few weeks.
This time will be quite a change from the mediterranean locations...
Can't wait for Sony September 30 conference announcement ;)

Mupepe

Banned
Sweet. I'm excited about all these announcements and whatnot coming up. Post E3 is always speculation and mostly boredom, the news is sucked dry. Now we can actually have some facts starting this month.

Wollan

Sony is celebrating their 10th anniversary in Europe this september. I already have two weeks off set for that time.

TomO

London would be very good, with my passport currently expired and it not looking likely that I'll get it sorted by October. Seems a bit unglamorous though.

GhaleonEB

I don't recall perfectly, but when MS has these events don't they ususally have a seperate one in NA as well? I note that of the big things announced in the past, Halo 2 is not listed. I thought it was announced at X03; was that the US one?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
GhaleonEB said:
I don't recall perfectly, but when MS has these events don't they ususally have a seperate one in NA as well? I note that of the big things announced in the past, Halo 2 is not listed. I thought it was announced at X03; was that the US one?
Yes it was the US one (in New-York?) where the first teaser trailer was shown. I did not hear anything about a US event this year though.

GhaleonEB

olimario said:
When.
And will people still yell "alpha kits" when we see it next?

I think the battle cry will be changed to, "Beta kits!"

And then, shortly after, to "Guys, it's a 2007 game. It's way too early." :)

olimario

Banned
One day before X05? So like October 3rd?
I hope people don't feel the need to make an excuse if the game still has shitty graphics.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
olimario said:
One day before X05? So like October 3rd?
I hope people don't feel the need to make an excuse if the game still has shitty graphics.
Hu no, pardon my shitty english. I was only trying to be vague and mean that it would be released sometimes before X05. Could be tomorrow, could be October 3 :p
And unless PDZ's style has changed, it would always look bad in my eyes.

olimario

Banned
Blimblim said:
Hu no, pardon my shitty english. I was only trying to be vague and mean that it would be released sometimes before X05. Could be tomorrow, could be October 3 :p
And unless PDZ's style has changed, it would always look bad in my eyes.

There's a difference between shitty art and shitty tech. Conker doesn't have anywhere close to the best art in the world, but everyone knows it's one of the best looking games this generation.

And I was just joking around about Oct 3. :)

Jeff-DSA

Good thing we have a date. The Killers weren't sure when they'd have to make flight plans.

I swear, The Killers have become the official videogame announcement/press conference band.

Lo-Volt

Jeff-DSA said:
Good thing we have a date. The Killers weren't sure when they'd have to make flight plans.

I swear, The Killers have become the official videogame announcement/press conference band.

That would be embarrassing, especially when considering past X0 guests. The press release mentioned Groove Armada and Massive Attack. Suddenly inviting The Killers again would be a letdown to say the least.

Superfrog

@ BlimBlim:

The event will offer European industry leaders the chance to fully experience Xbox 360 and will mark the beginning of the next generation of gaming in Europe.

The announcement sounds like X05 will the first 'official' X360 event for Europe. But what about the Games Convention 2005 in Germany? It will take place before X05 from August 18 to 21, and it's Europe's largest gaming related fair (GC 2004: 105,000 visitors and 1,700 journalists). I wonder if MS can afford NOT to present X360 plus games officially at GC?! Do you know anything about that?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Superfrog said:
@ BlimBlim:

The announcement sounds like X05 will the first 'official' X360 event for Europe. But what about the Games Convention 2005 in Germany? It will take place before X05 from August 18 to 21, and it's Europe's largest gaming related fair (GC 2004: 105,000 visitors and 1,700 journalists). I wonder if MS can afford NOT to present X360 plus games officially at GC?! Do you know anything about that?
Sorry, can't talk about GC. I'll just tell you that I'll be there on August 17 ;)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
BlimBlim, 06/29/05
Blimblim said:
I'm still waiting for some information from MS to decide if I go to the Game Convention this year or not. If there are some more advanced versions of the 360 games compared to E3, then it's worth the travel

Blimblim today, 07/15/05
Blimblim said:
Sorry, can't talk about GC. I'll just tell you that I'll be there on August 17 ;)

:D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
op_ivy said:
BlimBlim, 06/29/05

Blimblim today, 07/15/05

:D
JackBauer.jpg

Damnit !

Superfrog

Blimblim said:

Me too. ;)
So for me it doesn't matter if MS show their stuff officially or behind closed doors as I will only be there on August 17 (during the other 4 open days the halls will as always be jam-packed with backpack carrying kiddies).

Press conferences MS and Sony:

Press conference Microsoft 12.00 - 13.00 at booth, H5 D02 - subject tba
Press conference Microsoft 14.30 - 15.30 at booth, H5 D02 - subject tba
Press conference Sony 16.00 - 17.00 at booth, H3 E02 - subject tba
http://www.gc-germany.de/presse.shtml

"Subject tba" - nice. ;)
But I'm nevertheless wondering which exclusives MS will reveal at X05...

Top Bottom