• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishie, Idiot in Exile, Disses Nintendo Drama Queen Johnny Nighttrain. ME-OW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikonawa

With regards to Nintendo and them having a show in August:

It is NOT happening, my comments with regards to going to Kyoto have to do with interview requests put down outside of the framework of any event.
We are sheduled to have a dozen or so interviews starting the second week of August and we hope to do a few at Nintendo as well.
So again, this is a personal thing and not some show Nintendo is having in August.
Rev controller, think different, familiar yet different.

The Johnny Nightrain stuff:

Johnny Nightrain is a fraud, plain and simple and if you guys have any self respect you wont believe another thing he says.
I have known and met up with the guy for years.
Previous E3s he sneaked his way into E3 by smooching of The Next Level, this year he got in trough other dubious means and was asking people if a photocopied piece of paper claiming him to be working for some mag would be enough to get him into the show and into the Nintendo press conference.

He has no contacts within the industry and desperatly tries to associate as much as possible with people who do.
He tried it with me as I will show now.

At E3 2K3 as the show was wrapping up me and a few other guys started walking to the subway station and Johnny decided to follow us and entrust his analysis on us.
In a year that was unanimously declared as the worst ever for Nintendo(except for Chris Kohler and Johnny apparently) he decided to say that Nintendo owned everyone else and that Sega didnt have a single good game at the show.
When I asked him if he honestly thought that Otogi was a bad game he said he didnt try that one, so I asked what about he new Worms game, same answer he didnt try that one, so I asked if he honestly thought Dororo blood will Tell was a bad game, again same reply I didnt try that one.

So I said, so Sega didnt have a single good game according to you but when I ask you say you havent tried the games, I mean did you even go to the Sega boot at all?
The other guys around us started laughing at him, he got angry and decided to make with the personal attacks.
He cant take the oppinion of someone who sounds like Donald duck serious and that sort of stuff.
It only served to make his humiliation greater.

It didnt end there, E3 2K4 was coming up and I had forgotten largely about the incident until we were reminded in a thread on the TNL forums.
Funny since he was begging me to let him tag along for some of my interviews during the show:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/showthread.php?t=29163&page=3&pp=30

Here is one relevant post from that thread, read the full page for full story:

Ah yes, I still stand by that.
You were the one claiming Sega didnt have a single game that was decent let alone good so when I started listing games at Sega and asked if you really tought they sucked you were forced to admit you had not even checked them out and were blisfully unaware of their existence.

Yup yup you got owned hard so instead of admitting defeat you came with the personal insults.

I refuse to listen to the oppinion of someone who sounds like Donald Duck or something like that you said and then started making fun of my voice.

Hehehehe you were OWNED.

Annyway, be a nice boy and ill let you see the interviews we did at Nintendo Japan earlier this year for a British Gamecube mag(should be released for posting on TNL soon BTW).

Roundtable with Miyamoto, Aonuma and Tezuka get, yet another 1on1 with Miyamoto get yet again.

Entrance to Nintendo trade mart get(after press conference a selct group of like 30 journalists worldwide are invited to stay for a few houres more and play the games that will be at the showfloor the next day with the developers of those titles present to aid them and answer questions, some games playable there will NOT be at the showfloor and will NOT be officialy shown at all).

I kick ass. :)

In short Johnny Nightrain is a big fraud who gets in at E3 on bulshit credentials, knows jacksquat and seems to live in some sort of fantasy world where after a while I am sure he starts believing some of his own lies.

I quote Fishie here

Ruzbeh

Banned
I don't believe anything he says since he's saying Johnny is a fraud over and over. It's like overkill... if he says Johnny is a fraud that often... no. Besides, Johnny does know a few people. I saw a pic of him and some important lookin' dude.

Ruzbeh

Banned
kikonawa said:
so that makes him important :D
Well, no. But I wonder who this guy thinks he is. Who is he, anyway? And how does he know there won't be a Nintendo show in August. I'm sure Nintendo hasn't even decided yet. :lol

tetsuoxb

Again, never thought I would say it, and lord knows Fishie and I have sparred on Tokyopia... but as far as Johnny Nighttrain is concerned, I agree with him 100%.

Nintendo will not have a show until Late September/October at the earliest. Personally I suspect something like Touch DS! around late November.

tetsuoxb

Ruzbeh said:
Well, no. But I wonder who this guy thinks he is. Who is he, anyway? And how does he know there won't be a Nintendo show in August. I'm sure Nintendo hasn't even decided yet. :lol

If Nintendo was going to have a show in August, they would have announced it already. I would be absolutely surprised to see it happen. Frankly, I do not think they have anything to show.

Ruzbeh

Banned
tetsuoxb said:
If Nintendo was going to have a show in August, they would have announced it already. I would be absolutely surprised to see it happen. Frankly, I do not think they have anything to show.
If that was true, that Fishy guy wouldn't act like he knows stuff and just say that Nintendo won't have a show simply because it hasn't been announced already.

And yeah, nice misleading thread title. NINTENDO SHOW IN AUGUST *click* read: IT'S NOT HAPPENING. AND JOHNNY NIGHTTRAIN SUCKS A LOT.

nubbe

Nintendo should have some kind of event soonish to show of DS online stuff… but hardly a show.
I don't even expect to see Revolution stuff until Q1-Q2 2006

tetsuoxb

Reading that TNL thread reminds me of my own Johnny Nighttrain story, that I have told in other threads, but since it is so remarkably similar to Fishie's story, Ill recap it here.
----

I did an interview with Mizuguchi that basically focused on who he is as a person, etc. It was my first and only interview, and I did it to help out Tokyopia out of respect for my friends there, and because I am a huge Lumines fan.

Johnny Nighttrain comes into the thread and starts berating the interview, ignoring calls for what he would do different, and culminates with saying everyone involved with the piece is "an embarassment".

Two weeks later when it looks like Johnny Nighttrain is gonna come to Japan, he IMs me asking for advice. I called him on the lack of class, but helped him out anyways, because I figure if he took the effort to contact me, then it was worth 5 mins. of my time. Long story short, even after his lack of tact was pointed out, he never once took the opportunity to apologize. Didnt even say thanks for helping him out.

I wish I still had the chat log.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Ruzbeh said:
If that was true, that Fishy guy wouldn't act like he knows stuff and just say that Nintendo won't have a show simply because it hasn't been announced already.

And yeah, nice misleading thread title. NINTENDO SHOW IN AUGUST *click* read: IT'S NOT HAPPENING. AND JOHNNY NIGHTTRAIN SUCKS A LOT.

Any one who knows Fishy (like or hate him) knows that he's pretty well connected as far as industry contacts goes. He might be a little bold but he doesn't lie. He's done interviews with the biggest names in the industry, most notably from Sega and Nintendo. As far as what he said, it's all true, I can vouch for that too!

tetsuoxb

Ruzbeh said:

No dude, that is just how Fishie acts. Fishie is a freelance journalist with ZeroChan and they often come to Japan to do a series of interviews. Considering the X360 launch is coming up, I am not surprised to see their trip in August (for publications towards the holiday).

anthony

Reno said:
Any one who knows Fishy (like or hate him) knows that he's pretty well connected as far as industry contacts goes. He might be a little bold but he doesn't lie. He's done interviews with the biggest names in the industry, most notably from Sega and Nintendo. As far as what he said, it's all true, I can vouch for that too!

I second that.

tetsuoxb

Timen said:
Why don't these bitches just stop cockteasing and tell us what the big fucking deal is.

Two reasons:

1) They got off on watching Nintendo fans squirm.
2) If they say too much, they will pretty much lose their jobs, face lawsuit, or be blackballed in the industry.

.hacked

One day I am going to meet Fishie at E3, take him out to dinner and get him to smuggle me inside of Sega of Japan.

kikonawa

Picture%20004%20(Small).jpg

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
.hacked said:
One day I am going to meet Fishie at E3, take him out to dinner and get him to smuggle me inside of Sega of Japan.

If you do, make sure you don't leave till you find out what is going on with Monkey Ball 3.

Juice

.hacked said:

And find out that they don't make games anymore, only Pachinko machines.

And cry.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Well Johnny may be an asshole, I wouldn't know having never met him. That quote though...for trying to tell us he doesn't know anything (inside stuff), it doesn't actually offer any proof. Plenty of stuff on his opinions, but all it does is state he knows jacksquat in that regard and that's it.

Maybe he is making stuff up, I don't know how we can prove he isn't. But if he is, he's either mixing it in with things he does know, or he's an incredibly specific and good guesser. Wish I had that luck.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
At E3 2K3 as the show was wrapping up me and a few other guys started walking to the subway station and Johnny decided to follow us and entrust his analysis on us.
In a year that was unanimously declared as the worst ever for Nintendo(except for Chris Kohler and Johnny apparently) he decided to say that Nintendo owned everyone else and that Sega didnt have a single good game at the show.
When I asked him if he honestly thought that Otogi was a bad game he said he didnt try that one, so I asked what about he new Worms game, same answer he didnt try that one, so I asked if he honestly thought Dororo blood will Tell was a bad game, again same reply I didnt try that one.

what the fuck does that has to do with anything, If I have no interest in a game, why would I want to try it? is like saying "F4 the game sucks" then the guy replying "but did you try it?". of course not, if I said a game sucks you have to respect opinions no try to force your opinion on another person. I think this guy is just on the Nighttrain hate bandwagon just for shits and giggles.

I saw that thread it looks like is run by GFaqs users "dude!!! I'm hardcore!!! I owned your tastes!!!" what the fuck is that? are those the admins of that forums?

seriously if Johnny is fraud, that's ok but don't make a thread with a misleading title that all the do thread is bash Johnny.

Andy787

Banned
Ruzbeh said:
Fishie is a real journo, and like Reno said, he actually has a ton of connections in the industry. He's done several interviews with Miyamoto, Naka, Suzuki, Kojima, etc. I still talk to Nighttrain, so I don't want to put him down or anything, but he really doesn't know anyone.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Reminds me of the Folder incident for some reason.

EDIT: with the exception that Folder works for a major website, however laughable, and can get access probably himself

tetsuoxb said:
Reading that TNL thread reminds me of my own Johnny Nighttrain story, that I have told in other threads, but since it is so remarkably similar to Fishie's story, Ill recap it here.
----

I did an interview with Mizuguchi that basically focused on who he is as a person, etc. It was my first and only interview, and I did it to help out Tokyopia out of respect for my friends there, and because I am a huge Lumines fan.

Johnny Nighttrain comes into the thread and starts berating the interview, ignoring calls for what he would do different, and culminates with saying everyone involved with the piece is "an embarassment".

Two weeks later when it looks like Johnny Nighttrain is gonna come to Japan, he IMs me asking for advice. I called him on the lack of class, but helped him out anyways, because I figure if he took the effort to contact me, then it was worth 5 mins. of my time. Long story short, even after his lack of tact was pointed out, he never once took the opportunity to apologize. Didnt even say thanks for helping him out.

I wish I still had the chat log.

Oh dear, sound like the grudge or something towards the guy and i've seen this story more than one time.

tetsuoxb

Bluemercury said:
Oh dear, sound like the grudge or something towards the guy and i've seen this story more than one time.

I even said Id posted the story before. Once someone gets on my bad side twice, they stay there.

tetsuoxb said:
I even said Id posted the story before. Once someone gets on my bad side twice, they stay there.

Yes and good time to post this too, perhaps you should have waited for Nighttrain presence but instead you just prefered to show your bad side again while he's not here......hey the guy may be a farse but that doesnt mean he shouldnt answer to those who say he is this or that.....

tetsuoxb

Bluemercury said:
Yes and good time to post this too, perhaps you should have waited for Nighttrain presence but instead you just prefered to show your bad side again while he's not here......hey the guy may be a farse but that doesnt mean he shouldnt answer to those who say he is this or that.....

He has before in other threads. Im playing SSX Tricky right now, and I am in no mood to go dredge up his non-replies. Suffice it to say the dude still has not said sorry or thanks.

tetsuoxb said:
He has before in other threads. Im playing SSX Tricky right now, and I am in no mood to go dredge up his non-replies. Suffice it to say the dude still has not said sorry or thanks.

Ok, putting that aside, so no Nintendo show in august, but he has seen the gc controller?hummmm

Amir0x

Banned
olimario said:
Fishie is a bold, baselessly arrogant dick. I'd love to knock his new fake teeth out.

Yeah but you're a morally-hollow, hypocritical suburbanite prick who sold his soul for a PSP. So I don't know if you're the right man to do the judging!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom