• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishie, Idiot in Exile, Disses Nintendo Drama Queen Johnny Nighttrain. ME-OW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlewig

Banned
It doesn't take several months to announce a Press conference, most often we don't even know a conference was held until it was over, such as a number of Capcom conference.

Anyway, I don't expect a conference until early Oct. Last year in September Nintendo announced a Press Conference for the DS in Japan which whould be held on Oct 7th. There was only a span of 3 weeks between the announcement and the conference.

It's not something unprecendent.

Odysseus

Banned
Amir0x said:
McGinley.jpg

What if - and believe me this is purely HYPOTHETICAL hehehe - what if the cavernous wastelands of your conscience made you not fit to accurately gauge what makes another person a "bold, baselessly arrogant dick"?

It's possible!

:lol

Lhadatt

Kleegamefan said:
So will Jonny "pull a Folder" and never show his face here again??
He'll probably show on GAF again at some point, but I'm pretty sure you won't see him in this thread - or if you do, he'll be floundering for even a BS response.

In regards to Fishie - the guy is legit, he does get a lot of good stories and does good work -He does tend to be brash sometimes, but he's usually right.

And as for Nighttrain... I could bash him and call him all sorts of nasty things, but I won't. I have had dealings with him in the past, and he's shown himself to be less than sincere. I haven't kept up with him, so I didn't know until now about his lack of industry contacts. That said, this doesn't surprise me. I don't hate the guy, he's not absolutely despicable - but I really can't trust anything he says.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Fishie unfortunately looks like the love child of Pauly Shore and Al Franken,
son162s.jpg

+
pic_05_04_01_Franken1.jpg

=
Picture%20004%20(Small).jpg

edit: post fixed

Who the fuck is trying to impress who here? and why?

I don't know either of these guys, but the smack talk going on is just petty. One guy knows more about what Nintendo are up to?

*golf clap*

littlewig

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Who the fuck is trying to impress who here? and why?

I don't know either of these guys, but the smack talk going on is just petty. One guy knows more about what Nintendo are up to?

*golf clap*

kc_clap.jpg

Also, a lot of people have made a good living knowing what Nintendo is up too.

bionic77

Reno said:
English isn't his first language, he's actually Turkish, and lives in Belgium.

I think I know this guy.

I used to chat with him on IRC back on the GameFan forums, he went by the nick Ali and then Atom I think. I don't know how legit he is, but he can be one of the biggest pricks you will ever meet when he wants to be. Back when I chatted with him he used to own a gaming store of some kind in Belgium. Guy was one of the most diehard Sega fans (and hated Nintendo with a passion). He always disapeared though whenever a Sega console would tank (i.e. Dreamcast, Saturn).

Then again, a few people I chatted with met him at e3 and they all said he was a much nicer guy IRL. I will say that if this is the same guy, he might have been a rabid fanboy and a prick but he never lied that I can remember. I would probably take what he is saying as truth.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
if you paid attention to nighttrain before e3...ok: you're a little credulous. if you still pay attention to nighttrain, you're ANALLY RETARDED. your cognitive capacities are SUBNORMAL. you're a SIMP. there are like four or five nintendo fans equivocating on his behalf in this very thread. hahahahahahahaha.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Actually, as an artist I like Nightrains photography and he has always been cordial to me so that is the basis that I stand on when I gave my assesment of Fishie's debunking. There are plenty of people here who hate Nightrain with so much passion that its hard to logically listen to what they say without looking at them strange.

Tony HoTT

Banned
Internet dick waving at its finest. I've pretty much written off Nighttrain for information but I still think he's a nice guy with maybe extremely questionable motives. We've all done stupid shit on the internet, in fact me writing this is pretty stupid.

I really want to hear what he says after the Revolution details are announced, simply for closure.

drohne said:
if you paid attention to nighttrain before e3...ok: you're a little credulous. if you still pay attention to nighttrain, you're ANALLY RETARDED. your cognitive capacities are SUBNORMAL. you're a SIMP. there are like four or five nintendo fans equivocating on his behalf in this very thread. hahahahahahahaha.

Hey at least it makes them stand out long enough to have a scarlet N painted on their foreheads.

That is a plus in all of this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
krypt0nian said:
Hey at least it makes them stand out long enough to have a scarlet N painted on their foreheads.

That is a plus in all of this.
The Scarlet Letter was an atrocious book.

DMczaf

bionic77 said:
I think I know this guy.

I used to chat with him on IRC back on the GameFan forums, he went by the nick Ali and then Atom I think. I don't know how legit he is, but he can be one of the biggest pricks you will ever meet when he wants to be. Back when I chatted with him he used to own a gaming store of some kind in Belgium. Guy was one of the most diehard Sega fans (and hated Nintendo with a passion). He always disapeared though whenever a Sega console would tank (i.e. Dreamcast, Saturn).

Then again, a few people I chatted with met him at e3 and they all said he was a much nicer guy IRL. I will say that if this is the same guy, he might have been a rabid fanboy and a prick but he never lied that I can remember. I would probably take what he is saying as truth.

WTF!!!

bionic chatted about games?! BS!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
SnowWolf said:
No surprise here. Johnny Nighttrain likes to play "industry insider", but he's never right :lol
I like how he was wrong once (at E3) and now the other half dozen or so predictions he made (successfully) never happened. :lol

sangreal

GaimeGuy said:
I like how he was wrong once (at E3) and now the other half dozen or so predictions he made (successfully) never happened. :lol

Yeah, like KOTOR3 being announced as a PS3 exclusive.

Oh, wait..

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
GaimeGuy said:

I dunno, I've only been here a few months, but I'm tired of this guy pretending to be a hotshot industry analyst, which he clearly is not.

sangreal

Mejilan said:
What predictions?

This is the list he uses to defend himself:

Mizuguchi game for DS wasn't true?
Castlevnia unveiled in january wasn't true?
KotoR 3 becoming a PS3 exclusive isn't true?
my hints about the revolution design weren't true?
talking to Nagoshi wasn't true?

aoi tsuki

Is Johnny even a photographer? He (or someone) took some good pics with a Canon A80, which were featured on his blog. i just don't know what to believe anymore.

Mizuguchi game for DS wasn't true?
Castlevnia unveiled in january wasn't true?
KotoR 3 becoming a PS3 exclusive isn't true?
my hints about the revolution design weren't true?
talking to Nagoshi wasn't true?

Mizuguchi said he was making a DS game on his blog...

Dunno about CV, but wasn't Johnny (On Rev) basically going around calling it the 'New Sexy'? (Like many others)

And I haven't heard anything on KOTOR so I won't say anything.

tetsuoxb

sangreal said:
This is the list he uses to defend himself:

For the record: I dont hate Nighttrain. I dont even know him. But in my limited dealings with him, he has come off as a classless hack. Until he does something to change either a) his lack of credibility or b) his personal status with me, I am not interested in a single thing he says.

sangreal

Mejilan said:
Kotor 3 IS a PS3 exclusive, then?

Could be, who knows. It was not, however, announced at E3 and I have no idea why he uses it to defend himself. Quite frankly, I think he just took the rumor from Gamespy anyway

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
sangreal said:
Could be, who knows. It was not, however, announced at E3 and I have no idea why he uses it to defend himself. Quite frankly, I think he just took the rumor from Gamespy anyway

Ahh, gotcha. That explains my confusion, I hadn't heard about Kotor 3 one way or the other. Jeez.

DCharlie

Banned
"Then again, a few people I chatted with met him at e3 and they all said he was a much nicer guy IRL. "

this is the way things are - most people come off as dicks on message boards (myself more than most) but in real life, we are actually quite decent people.

I've not met a single GAF'er that i've not got along with ... EVEN PANA AND FAF! ;)

I actually got a call from Fishie but didn't get the chance to meet up with him due to work.
I've never met Jonny N.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I briefly met Fishie at the 2001 e3, I remember his funny accent and his absolute love for sega esp all things VF :lol

G4life98

Honestly, alot of you people that are calling out nighttrain are just coming off as pricks of the highest order and whether he is an insider or not, he has been right in the past and so to say he was a phony this whole time is disingenuous and spiteful.

G4life98 said:
Honestly, alot of you people that are calling out nighttrain are just coming off as pricks of the highest order and whether he is an insider or not, he has been right in the past and so to say he was a phony this whole time is disingenuous and spiteful.
And what if he was right only because of second hand information?

His Revolution controller quote is probably based off of Teddman's chance sighting..

Mizuguchi referenced his DS game in a blog long ago, and NightTrain probably saw that, and decided to break the story.

I remember a comment about that earlier on when Nightrain was lauding his information as if it were special.

sangreal

G4life98 said:

I don't really care how much of an insider he is, I still don't like him. He constantly comes into threads to drop worthless hints and then cries when people question him. Also, anyone who dares disagree with him on anything must be subjected to his personal attacks.

He is an attention whore, plain and simple.

I remember Johnny claiming to see the Revolution, which I believe is entirely possible. The Revolution photoshoot was on May 13, 2005, enough time prior to the press conference for press folk to see it. Let's say if he had a friend in the know who showed him, it would make sense.

I'm still not sure what he said was not true though, aside from him seeing more Metroid footage. I did hear from a friend that Retro was to show more footage, but I couldn't get confirmation if anyone saw it.

Juice

I'm sure he's read every post in this thread, and feels absolutely awful.

And is trying to think whether it would be better to reply or hope this thread just fades away.

I'm guessing the latter.

aoi tsuki

Juice said:
I'm sure he's read every post in this thread, and feels absolutely awful.

And is trying to think whether it would be better to reply or hope this thread just fades away.

I'm guessing the latter.
Oh dear.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i don't have anything against johnny nighttrain. cranks who lie on the internet are neither novel nor particularly interesting. that he still has a following of sorts, however, that you still can't go into a gaf nintendo thread without someone telling you what nighttrain said, is hilarious and possibly unprecedented. how horrendously, consistently, obviously wrong does someone have to be before you stop believing him?

Oh Amir0x, I love what you've done in this thread, and just about everything lately. :lol Keep at it. I'm kind of saddened the topic went back on topic. :(

Triumph

Banned
I don't specifically hate Johnny Nighttrain, but I have no use for all of the mouthbreathing diehard Nintendo "fans" spewed out across the internet like so much Miyamoto barf. They are far and away the worst of the "fanboys" out there and their actions in this thread speak to that.

Amir0x

Banned
DarthWufei said:
Oh Amir0x, I love what you've done in this thread, and just about everything lately. :lol Keep at it. I'm kind of saddened the topic went back on topic. :(

Are you makin' fun of me? Because I won't stand for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom