• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fishie, Idiot in Exile, Disses Nintendo Drama Queen Johnny Nighttrain. ME-OW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he literally hasn't done anything banworthy.

That said, you've sussed me up correctly: I can't wait to see what happens when the ACTUAL Revolution specs get announced. :D

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Ack, why am I wasting my time on an internet gaming forum reading a thread about a person who will never affect me in any way.

Fifty

Kano On The Phone said:
No. He's waiting politely for a tip.

tip.jpg

You're a genius!

ManaByte

Gold Member
I do believe he knows stuff and he was right, the deck looks smooth, and I also believe that Nintendo had something more to show at E3 (like he said), but decided against it at the last minute. It wasn't really Jonny Nighttrain's false hope that led to that "crushed" feeling, it was more of the way alot of unrealistic Nintendo fans get around E3 time every year...so works the internet.

Sigh. The only thing Nintendo pulled from their press conference was part of the Prime 3 video they showed. The original was much longer, but the footage apparently wasn't impressive in comparison to Sony's CG party so they cut it down to just Samus and the logo. Anyone expecting a holographic Myamoto spinning around gyroscopes at the press conference doesn't know what they're talking about.

Hell, before E3 Nighttrain was coming here saying that Nintendo would be getting id's new IP as a RevOlution exclusive, when at the exact same time Todd Hollenshead (you know, id's CEO) was doing the press rounds for Doom 3 XB and the PC expansion and was talking about how their new IP was for the PC and basically saying how Carmack has been spooging over the new cards and how much he could play with them with the new PC-based engine he's cooking up for the new game.

id's only console game aside from Quake IV is Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2 for PS3 and X360.

ManaByte said:
Hell, before E3 Nighttrain was coming here saying that Nintendo would be getting id's new IP as a RevOlution exclusive, when at the exact same time Todd Hollenshead (you know, id's CEO) was doing the press rounds for Doom 3 XB and the PC expansion and was talking about how their new IP was for the PC and basically saying how Carmack has been spooging over the new cards and how much he could play with them with the new PC-based engine he's cooking up for the new game.

id's only console game aside from Quake IV is Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2 for PS3 and X360.
dude, did you seriously forgot what happened last time you claimed i said that? remember? it ended up in you making a really long post that was one 100 % Gem Mint PSA-10 Graded Self Ownage.

c'mon man, seriously, try to remember.

Drinky Crow said:
Sonya Posts To GAF

not possible. maybe Fatty Shang Tsung Impersonating Marginally Pretty Lady Posts To GAF

Kano On The Phone, i really hafta know what Scorpion is up to these days.

Stops me. I rarely ban unless the poster engages in stalking or crazy personal attacks, or ignores a fiat in a thread I create. I think I've banned maybe ten folks in my tenure as a GAF admin.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
ManaByte said:
Hell, before E3 Nighttrain was coming here saying that Nintendo would be getting id's new IP as a RevOlution exclusive,

im not defending nighttrain's behavior and such.. but he never said that. im pretty sure he said something like : 'now here is a rumor im not really backing, but it is something i heard from one of my sources....'

ManaByte

Gold Member
Johnny Nighttrain said:
dude, did you seriously forgot what happened last time you claimed i said that? remember? it ended up in you making a really long post that was one 100 % Gem Mint PSA-10 Graded Self Ownage.

c'mon man, seriously, try to remember.

Oh you didn't say it huh?
Johnny Nighttrain said:
funny thing is, im hearing there's gonna be an exclsuive (as far as consoles go) id FPS at or near Revolution launch. new IP at that.

although i would totally take this one with a grain of salt. but hey, i suppose it's possible.

You sure you never said it?
Johnny Nighttrain said:
not wishful thinking on my behalf. im just letting you guys know what i heard a few days ago. as far as the new IP being Revolution exclusive, well, like i said, as far as consoles go.

would be a damn smart thing for Nintendo to do. besides, they've gotten exclusive id games before haven't they?

Well, it didn't happen at E3
Johnny Nighttrain said:
well, there you have it i guess.

in any case, we'll find out at E3 i guess. maybe even in august.

That doesn't really prove anything Mana. I, as a reasonable person, do not accept those statements you quoted as fact, and would not hold him responsible for them.

wow. i mean, i know this is GAF and all, but i honestly, never in a million years, did i think you'd manage to own yourself back to back, in the same exact identical way no less.

:lol that deserves another beer.

ManaByte

Gold Member
HeadsUpSevenUp said:
That doesn't really prove anything Mana. I, as a reasonable person, do not accept those statements you quoted as fact, and would not hold him responsible for them.

... click on the links. They take you directly to his posts.

Johnny Nighttrain said:
wow. i mean, i know this is GAF and all, but i honestly, never in a million years, did i think you'd manage to own yourself back to back, in the same exact identical way no less.

:lol that deserves another beer.

So you still claim you never posted that?

ManaByte said:
So you still claim you never posted that?
no, i "claim" that i never said that was fact. stop trying to put words in my mouth douche. i made it very clear each time, that it was a rumor, and nothing more.

No no, I believe he did post that. I'm saying I'm not stupid enough to believe and get all hyped. It's not like he said it with confidence or certainty. He even said "we'll see" as in "we'll see if it happens or not."

tetsuoxb

Johnny Nighttrain said:
ehy, if you want to think that, that's fine. they're definitely not folder quality, that much i can say. hey, some may even lurk / post here :)

anyways, care to point out how im being wrong now? or do you just want to stick to not believing a word a say?

im guessing a bit of column A, and a bit from column B.

Respectable journalists do not leak to internet trolls/fanboys. Anyways, buddy, your credibility and reputation have both been pretty well ravaged in this thread, so proving you wrong again and again would simply be an academic excercise.

jett

D-Member
At least this thread will help the nfans realize that they can't keep on believing Hypetrain's bullcrap. I guess some are beyond help...like God's Hand...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Just a quick note here -- I don't know whether Johnny has any information or not, but it is quite possible to have "insider industry information" without being any sort of qualified journalist. I mean, I'm essentially a nobody, yet I've got contacts in a few different major companies -- both hardware and software. I'm not going to go about blabbing "priviledged" information, but I do know that it's perfectly possible for Johhny to be "just a messageboard guy" and still have actual info.

DrGAKMAN

Banned
ManaByte said:
Sigh. The only thing Nintendo pulled from their press conference was part of the Prime 3 video they showed. The original was much longer, but the footage apparently wasn't impressive in comparison to Sony's CG party so they cut it down to just Samus and the logo. Anyone expecting a holographic Myamoto spinning around gyroscopes at the press conference doesn't know what they're talking about.

That's what I think too. Sony threw Nintendo for a loop...but, Nintendo probably expected as much and that's why it was good they had their pre-show last.

Drinky Crow said:
No, he literally hasn't done anything banworthy.

That said, you've sussed me up correctly: I can't wait to see what happens when the ACTUAL Revolution specs get announced.

Probably the only reason I believe JN's in the know is 'cos he hasn't been banned. Anyways, what does sussed mean...does it mean I assessed why you're keeping him around correctly, or that I'm pissing you off and I should stop before I get banned?

Johnny Nighttrain said:
oh, and what's this blog of mine that people are speaking of? the only blog i have is livejournal, but all that is is a link to my website now, and well, just a way to share my work on the photography communities.

Ya know, forget I even mentioned it. This is gonna sound silly, but when I saw the pic of Fishie that someone posted in this thread...I thought they meant it was you...in which case I suddenly hated you 'cos whoever is in that pic is ugly & reminded me of some jackass I used to hate. Sorry.

Anyways, as far as the blog comments go, I mentioned it 'cos someone said something about Fishie being an attention whore and I talked about how you had a vanity blog (who doesn't anymore though) and how you were actin' like a pimp when it came to the models you were shooting...but please take notice that I meant it only in a negative way 'cos I thought that pic (of that asshat Fishie) was of you.

Fishie is...scary looking, and an old-school die-hard Euro Sega fan turn gaming journalist...which makes me want to kick in his reproductive organs even more to prevent him from breeding. On second though, I don't think I have to worry about him procreating with any human female.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
jett said:
At least this thread will help the nfans realize that they can't keep on believing Hypetrain's bullcrap. I guess some are beyond help...like God's Hand...
I don't know about that. It does seem that there are still a bunch of em that are willing to believe in what he says.

GAKMAN: it means you've figured me out. No, there's no bannings planned, although I'm gonna lock this thread because watching ManaByte and Johnny make out on a web forum is icky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom