• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT| Pumpin' Iron and Spittin' Blood.

Baby steps. Saw doc today. Was impressed how much I brought down my cholesterol. Said I definitely look more defined then asked me if I lost weight. I told him I basically lost none. My BMI is right at 25. I’m 6-2 190lbs and he didn’t want me to lose much more.

This was all from walking every day and upper body dumbbell workouts 3x a week.

Now I’m adding in body weight squats and lunges until I can add a base.

My other issue is eating enough protein. It’s a struggle for me to reach 100g some days. That’s with 2 servings of whey a day. Because I’m also trying to lower my cholesterol, I’ve been trying to avoid meats and animal products when I can (I still eat meat once a day). I’m thinking I’m going to try just chicken breast and more eggs (1 yolk + a few extra whites. I already eat a serving or two of beans a day. Tuna about twice a week. Salmon and other fish at least 2x.

Should I just bite the bullet and eat more chicken?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Oh it probably is fine. My doc didn’t say not to. I’ve just been personally trying to eat less meat in general for health reasons and now I find it conflicting with some of my fitness goals.

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, besides the fish you're already eating I don't know of a way to get enough protein while avoiding meat. My wife got me hooked on this plant protein so now I can't go back to whey. But even switching to that wouldn't make up the difference since you're already doing 2 shakes.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a totally different person since I started jogging.

I feel much more confident. When I finish jogging, I feel like I could do anything. Starting to get addicted to that feeling. Even though the anxiety is always there, it's like I put it in the back of mind of my mind now. I use it to fuel my drive to go faster or longer.

Baby steps. Saw doc today. Was impressed how much I brought down my cholesterol. Said I definitely look more defined then asked me if I lost weight. I told him I basically lost none. My BMI is right at 25. I’m 6-2 190lbs and he didn’t want me to lose much more.

This was all from walking every day and upper body dumbbell workouts 3x a week.

Now I’m adding in body weight squats and lunges until I can add a base.

My other issue is eating enough protein. It’s a struggle for me to reach 100g some days. That’s with 2 servings of whey a day. Because I’m also trying to lower my cholesterol, I’ve been trying to avoid meats and animal products when I can (I still eat meat once a day). I’m thinking I’m going to try just chicken breast and more eggs (1 yolk + a few extra whites. I already eat a serving or two of beans a day. Tuna about twice a week. Salmon and other fish at least 2x.

Should I just bite the bullet and eat more chicken?
Whole eggs, egg whites, cereal + legumes, whey powder and any kind of dairy, quinoa ( complete protein), peanut butter + bread, vegan isolate proteins, aside from the aforementioned chicken, and also in the grand scheme of the day, every protein counts, even from noncomplete sources, assuming you eat complete ones in Your day, organism combine those protein itself

Protein choice is vast, i'm vegetarian since 2017 and there is so much choice I often struggle deciding where to find my protein for the day haha

You could literally spend a week varying your protein source at every meal, and you'd probably end up with many other choice to still try

Last edited:
I always forget that quinoa has protein. Gonna have to start making that more often. I recommend using chicken stock instead of plain water.
Quinoa really is awesome, started expensive as fuck in 2007-08 ( I live in italy and was the only one searching for it in my city), now you can find cheap one everywhere
It's a nutritional bomb, and also , purely for talking, it's a good source of ecdysterone, a potent plant steroid

Whole eggs, egg whites, cereal + legumes, whey powder and any kind of dairy, quinoa ( complete protein), peanut butter + bread, vegan isolate proteins, aside from the aforementioned chicken, and also in the grand scheme of the day, every protein counts, even from noncomplete sources, assuming you eat complete ones in Your day, organism combine those protein itself

Protein choice is vast, i'm vegetarian since 2017 and there is so much choice I often struggle deciding where to find my protein for the day haha

You could literally spend a week varying your protein source at every meal, and you'd probably end up with many other choice to still try
Thanks, gonna try a carton of egg whites, cottage cheese, and there are some wraps and breads with added fiber and protein. I’ve been able to get up to 150g+ the last few days while keeping saturated fats down.

Thanks, gonna try a carton of egg whites, cottage cheese, and there are some wraps and breads with added fiber and protein. I’ve been able to get up to 150g+ the last few days while keeping saturated fats down.
It's a pleasure!

I suggest you to try nonfat greek yogurt + banana, blend them together and put in freezer until they froze

Better than supermarket ice cream, it's incredible

Or : Cook egg whites, add milk, cocoa, whey, whatever you like the most, sweetener if you like it, blend and put in the fridge and voilà, protein pudding cheap, good and ready

Or pick a bowl, put greek yogurt at the base, then flavoured whey, then cover both with cottage cheese on top, push with spoon and put in fridge, or freezer ( covered with aluminium, and obviously for less time ), turns like a biscuit free cheesecake, it's a favourite of mine especially in summer and for cutting phases

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
It's a pleasure!

I suggest you to try nonfat greek yogurt + banana, blend them together and put in freezer until they froze

Or : Cook egg whites, add milk, cocoa, whey, whatever you like the most, sweetener if you like it, blend and put in the fridge and voilà, protein pudding cheap, good and ready

Or greek yogurt at base, then flavoured whey, then cover with cottage cheese, push with spoon and put in fridge, or freezer ( covered with aluminium, and obviously for less time ), turns like a biscuit free cheesecake, it's a favourite of mine especially in summer and for cutting phases

Bro... You need to post more food tips. These have been gold. Much appreciated!

Bro... You need to post more food tips. These have been gold. Much appreciated!
Thanks, brother, I'm really happy to know these tips are useful!
In +15 years of training I tried so many options haha variety and fantasy are always helpful
Also, as a fitness coach and a pt myself, it's also helpful to my clients to discover some little diet hacks

Last edited:
It's a pleasure!

Or pick a bowl, put greek yogurt at the base, then flavoured whey, then cover both with cottage cheese on top, push with spoon and put in fridge, or freezer ( covered with aluminium, and obviously for less time ), turns like a biscuit free cheesecake, it's a favourite of mine especially in summer and for cutting phases
Really good tips. Thank you.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Go hard day:
vHEdQBtl.jpg

This is my first ever half marathon. I wish the pace was better but the last 3 miles really kicked my ass.

DonJorginho

Banned
Hey there all, I have struggled with my weight a lot and throughout many failed diets and fitness regimes I have lost my motivation and eaten/drank myself into a silly tunnel of self pity and now I can visibly tell the damage it is doing to me, I am nearing the 24/25 stone mark, it doesn't look as harsh as it should be due to me being quite tall but it is getting a hassle for my life and it is glaringly obvious I need to do something about my weight before it's too late.

I feel like shite doing things that I would find a breeze a while ago, I get out of puff embarrassingly quickly and I go through pairs of work trousers due to too tight a fit on my waist and thighs at an alarming rate, I have always been a chubby lad from a baby but in the last few years due to a few traumatic events for me in life I kind of spiralled down into this mess I am today, but I realise I am the one at fault for this weight gain, regardless of what happens in life I am the one in control and have ordered all those takeaways and extra crates of Cider with no-one else's input but my own so it is my fault and mine alone.

I have tried doing workout routines and actually started losing a bit of weight but lost motivation quick due to not seeing the changes enough myself and usually I push myself too fast too quickly out of overenthusiasm which leads to me burning out too quickly so I end up at an even worse stage due to my own stupidity. Even though I have had a COVID vaccine so in that regard I am a lot safer I am tired of wearing XXL shirts and trousers with waist sizes approaching the 50"s and feeling all sorry for myself when I could be doing something to get better and live a longer and healthier life.

GAF is a place where I have found many great people and feel comfortable talking openly about my shortcomings and this thread is a place I have often avoided just out of idk really embarrassment I guess? Like the same reason I hold my stomach in near people or keep pulling at my clothes to take them off my fat gut, I just want to be healthy and happy with myself.

I thought this would be a great place to come to for tips and to be able to have a rapport with people on here that I can help track my progress or keep motivated on what I do to get better. I am looking for a diet plan and exercise plan which I can fit in around my working life which won't take years to see progress or kill me instantly due to the high tempo start, I want something in-between a fast sprint to the finish line and a slow burn jog. I am looking to be able to do a solid 30-60 minutes a day of exercise to start with before increasing to 1 hour - 1hr 20 min sessions as I get fitter and train my endurance.

I would be immensely grateful for any tips you think I could use to great effect or any diet plans/stories you know from either your own experience or someone you know who was maybe in a similar place I am today, I want to get this fat off my body and just go back to being a happier lad who could do things and be comfortable in his own skin, I hope you're all doing well as are your families.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hey there all, I have struggled with my weight a lot and throughout many failed diets and fitness regimes I have lost my motivation and eaten/drank myself into a silly tunnel of self pity and now I can visibly tell the damage it is doing to me, I am nearing the 24/25 stone mark, it doesn't look as harsh as it should be due to me being quite tall but it is getting a hassle for my life and it is glaringly obvious I need to do something about my weight before it's too late.

I feel like shite doing things that I would find a breeze a while ago, I get out of puff embarrassingly quickly and I go through pairs of work trousers due to too tight a fit on my waist and thighs at an alarming rate, I have always been a chubby lad from a baby but in the last few years due to a few traumatic events for me in life I kind of spiralled down into this mess I am today, but I realise I am the one at fault for this weight gain, regardless of what happens in life I am the one in control and have ordered all those takeaways and extra crates of Cider with no-one else's input but my own so it is my fault and mine alone.

I have tried doing workout routines and actually started losing a bit of weight but lost motivation quick due to not seeing the changes enough myself and usually I push myself too fast too quickly out of overenthusiasm which leads to me burning out too quickly so I end up at an even worse stage due to my own stupidity. Even though I have had a COVID vaccine so in that regard I am a lot safer I am tired of wearing XXL shirts and trousers with waist sizes approaching the 50"s and feeling all sorry for myself when I could be doing something to get better and live a longer and healthier life.

GAF is a place where I have found many great people and feel comfortable talking openly about my shortcomings and this thread is a place I have often avoided just out of idk really embarrassment I guess? Like the same reason I hold my stomach in near people or keep pulling at my clothes to take them off my fat gut, I just want to be healthy and happy with myself.

I thought this would be a great place to come to for tips and to be able to have a rapport with people on here that I can help track my progress or keep motivated on what I do to get better. I am looking for a diet plan and exercise plan which I can fit in around my working life which won't take years to see progress or kill me instantly due to the high tempo start, I want something in-between a fast sprint to the finish line and a slow burn jog. I am looking to be able to do a solid 30-60 minutes a day of exercise to start with before increasing to 1 hour - 1hr 20 min sessions as I get fitter and train my endurance.

I would be immensely grateful for any tips you think I could use to great effect or any diet plans/stories you know from either your own experience or someone you know who was maybe in a similar place I am today, I want to get this fat off my body and just go back to being a happier lad who could do things and be comfortable in his own skin, I hope you're all doing well as are your families.

You’re in good company here.
#1 thing is diet
#2 is getting consistency

For 1, give intermittent fast a go. Plenty of good vids on YouTube that explain it. Attiba is a great ambassador for IF.

For 2, start with anything that you can keep doing day after day after day after day. If this means a 20 min walk, then that’s the starting point.

Bonus points: immerse yourself with media that encourages healthy living. In fact, I used to only play Switch while running on the treadmill. I watch YT or Netflix while walking or running.
Check this thread daily. Read it. Post your progress weekly, especially when you’re considering quitting. Support and community are hugely helpful.
Read books & magazines about healthy living. Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins is a life changer.

We all start somewhere. It’s the path you choose to take that defines who you are brother. And you don’t need to be who you were or who you are currently. And you’re never alone in your struggle.

---

Here's a vid to get you started:

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
You’re in good company here.
#1 thing is diet
#2 is getting consistency

For 1, give intermittent fast a go. Plenty of good vids on YouTube that explain it. Attiba is a great ambassador for IF.

For 2, start with anything that you can keep doing day after day after day after day. If this means a 20 min walk, then that’s the starting point.

Bonus points: immerse yourself with media that encourages healthy living. In fact, I used to ply Switch while running on the treadmill. I watch YT or Netflix while waking or running.
Check this thread daily. Read it. Post your progress weekly, especially when you’re considering quitting. Support and community are hugely helpful.
Read books & magazines about healthy living. Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins is a life changer.

We all start somewhere. It’s the path you choose to take that defines who you are brother. And you don’t need to be who you were or who you are currently. And you’re never alone in your struggle.

---

Here's a vid to get you started:

Thank you for all the advice and support brother, it means a lot so seriously thank you so much.

I want to really manage a good diet as that is the most important factor, I am actually quite good when it comes to eating in the day but I always overdo it when I get back home, normally having multiple packets of crisp and toast and fruit followed by a big dinner and sweets which is just a whole bunch of unhealthy stuff I don't need. This mixed with the lack of exercise and my love for a takeaway and eating familysized bags of crisps, chocolate or biscuits (the deadly trio), it just adds up very quickly.

I am thinking of relying on a small bowl of porridge in the morning, a piece of fruit and a healthy cereal bar with a low amount of sugars for lunch, followed by healthier dinners with smaller portions which will reduce my amount of carbs as much as possible, that and a ban of junk during the week would be massively beneficial, I will probably start with 20-30 minutes of running on the spot to get me in the groove as I get out of puff so quickly it's unreal.

I will definitely keep active on here to ensure I don't slip back into old habits. And I will definitely follow your tips regarding doing things whilst doing workouts and looking through the materials you suggested.

Regarding intermittent fasting I have never tried it, would you recommend the 16/8 method as that seems the one I would find most easy to do looking at the most popular examples.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Thank you for all the advice and support brother, it means a lot so seriously thank you so much.

I want to really manage a good diet as that is the most important factor, I am actually quite good when it comes to eating in the day but I always overdo it when I get back home, normally having multiple packets of crisp and toast and fruit followed by a big dinner and sweets which is just a whole bunch of unhealthy stuff I don't need. This mixed with the lack of exercise and my love for a takeaway and eating familysized bags of crisps, chocolate or biscuits (the deadly trio), it just adds up very quickly.

I am thinking of relying on a small bowl of porridge in the morning, a piece of fruit and a healthy cereal bar with a low amount of sugars for lunch, followed by healthier dinners with smaller portions which will reduce my amount of carbs as much as possible, that and a ban of junk during the week would be massively beneficial, I will probably start with 20-30 minutes of running on the spot to get me in the groove as I get out of puff so quickly it's unreal.

I will definitely keep active on here to ensure I don't slip back into old habits. And I will definitely follow your tips regarding doing things whilst doing workouts and looking through the materials you suggested.

Regarding intermittent fasting I have never tried it, would you recommend the 16/8 method as that seems the one I would find most easy to do looking at the most popular examples.

It's not absolutely mandatory, but I would recommend logging calories via an app like MyFitnessPal. You'll want/need a scale to make sure you're portioning correctly. Most will give you guidance on calorie targets. You can be as aggressive as you want but I would recommend starting slow to build the habit and then slowly ratchet up. Diets are tricky things and the best diet is the one that works for you. Remember, target a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary thing.

16:8 is a good starting point. Fasting is tough at first because your brain tricks you into think you are hungry when you're not. It will be difficult but it gets easier. If you get into multi-day fasts, do your research.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm gonna agree w Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage 's rec for fasting but disagree with the calorie counting.

Sounds like you have a no mastery over your eating habits DonJorginho DonJorginho . Putting yourself on a meticulous calorie-counting regimen won't actually give you mastery over your eating habits, it will just give you a more advanced leash to keep yourself from going too far, and it will consume effort and willpower that could be put into other aspects of your conditioning. I know calorie-counting works really really well for many people, but I also know plenty of people irl who spiral and spiral with the calorie counting and get nowhere. It's just a tool, but they assume that if only the calorie calculatioins are CORRECT, then after a few months the desired physique will just pop out of thin air.

Fasting, not just intermittent but also adding in 48+ hour fasts two or three times a month, will produce that self-control.

Like you I was also over 300 lbs before I started losing weight. I focused mainly on getting my joints, heart, and lungs into shape. Fasting was the main driver for calorie restriction. Lots of stretching, breathing routines, and isometric holds. As I came down in weight, I was able to throw my (lighter) body into more vigorous routines with much stronger joints keeping me from injury.

The exercise over the past year has boosted my physical performance and my physique, but most of the actual fat came off because of fasting and cold-training.

Your pudgy body is just responding to your input. Stored fat is calories for when you have no food to eat. Give the body the matching input by pretending you have no food to eat for long periods of time. This is not a quick fix. Fasting is a routine that you patiently apply over month and years.

I'd also recommend against doing 30-60m rounds of exercise all at once. The "one hour of torture a day" exercise mentality is likely to frustrate you. Packing so much calorie-burn into one hour is contrary to how the human animal works. We are tuned to work all day, with low to medium intensity tasks.

Like I said, your pudgy body is just responding to your input. Focus instead on fitting as many 1-5 minute workouts / stretches into your day, enough to spike your heart rate. Hop up and do some stretching and balance-work. Do a light sprint until you begin huffing. Do a set of kettlebell swings. Do some bear crawls. etc etc etc Spike the heart rate and then go back to what you were doing.

The specific activity matters less than the interval of your activity. All day >>>>>>>>> one hour "gym bro" sessions. As you are losing fat and building up youthful tendons and joints (drink your unflavored gelatin!), your body will be looking for any excuse to shed that muscle you're currently using to carry around that body. All-day exercise, as well as exercising lightly while fasting, will send your body the input that you need to keep that muscle around to continue working.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I was worried yesterday's run would aggravate my knee. Honestly I am mostly good. My LCL is a bit sore but otherwise no real aggravation. Yoga last night definitely helped. Lost of muscle soreness in the legs but nothing egregious. I feel like I will be back to 100% tomorrow or Tuesday.

The milestone gave me such a rush all day yesterday. Didn't help that I had 4 shots of espresso at 2pm but the feeling didn't fade until this morning.

There's something exciting about pushing through barriers you never thought were possible for you. How much have I been leaving on the table? And what else is out there for me to accomplish that I might not even be aware of?

DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi - calorie tracking is def optional on a fasting regimen. I track for days like yesterday where my output is insane so my inout needs to go up. It becomes difficult to get enough calories once you reach that target goal. For me that was 145lbs and is now 150, lean with low fat (maybe 10%). There's also some weird enjoyment I get out of tracking calories but I'm a data obsessed dude. Numbers make my heart palpitate.

I firmly believe that everyone should be fasting a minimum of 12 hours per day unless they have some insane calorie requirement for a specific purpose like Brian Shaw or Michael Phelps or something. I've been fasting at least 20 hours a day for over two years, I think? I've done a lot of 48s and 72s along with a couple of longer fasts. I'm mostly OMAD now, maybe because it serves the minimalist in me as much as for any other reason.

If you really struggle to early on, getting yourself fat adapted should help a lot. Try going high-fat keto for a month or so while you get accustomed to the fasting.

My favorite channel for fasting info is Dr. Mindy Pelz. She puts out a ton of detailed content and keeps up with all of the latest research.

I do my weight training as a break during my work day, but I started going with my other half at night as they're deciding to get into it. So I've been doing cardio and just keeping them company.

I've started box jumps and jump rope is the short of it. Jump rope I figure will just improve with time of I push myself. Box jumps though, I have no idea how you train to "progress". I'll be doing some reading later today on it, but figured I'd ask if anyone here had any success stories.

DonJorginho

Banned
Day 2 of the Keto/Intermittent Fasting journey has commenced!

Massive thanks again to gunslikewhoa gunslikewhoa , DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi and Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage for the excellent advice, I have taken all your tips on board and feel like I am doing a good balance of the suggestions you all gave.

I am doing a 18/6 fasting as I feel like this is something I can handle with a 2pm - 8pm eating time being enough for me due to my work schedule, I am sticking to as much of a ketogenic diet as possible, sometimes I will have one wholemeal/wholeseeded wrap or sandwich with chicken and salad in or a tablespoon of cream cheese with some fresh lettuce, tomato and onion inside, so it isn't a strict no carbs affair but I am being as good as I can to start out and am cutting out all junk and unhealthy carbs.

I did what was recommended by sticking to multiple 1-5 minute sessions throughout the day to manage my fitness well without burning myself out, I am also doing dog walks throughout the week and light stretches when I'm doing something so for example whilst waiting for some quinoa to cook I will do some squats, tennisballs and general arm stretches.

All in all I am starting well and am enjoying it, it feels better when I wake up and I feel motivated about my goals, I even turned down a bag of M&Ms for my birthday today so I must be doing something right!

Now it's just about staying on track which I am confident I can do now I have the right motivation.

Last edited:
Got the Pfizer vax (first dose) yesterday so left arm is a little tender. Moving today’s shoulder lift to tomorrow and will just cram in about 3-5 miles of brisk walks and maybe some squats/lunges.

Also, I dusted off my fitness pal account from years ago and started tracking my macros and calories.

I’m really enjoying just gradually tweaking what I’m doing instead of going all or nothing like I would used to. It makes this a lot more enjoyable and sustainable.

Well, found out what it feels like to almost break your arm yesterday. Totally my fault as well. We had the bands strapped around me while I was pulling Mr. Stapleton. I was barely able to pin him once but his 'old man strength' is so much more than my stamina atm so that's all I got even with the heavy band helping me. He even started to jackhammer me with the band on... That's when it happened. I fought the jackhammer pretty well in the beginning but lost strength towards the end and mistakenly started to disengage my posture before he was done, my hand went past my shoulder as I started to stand, and for whatever reason, my brain told my arm to engage for a split second... oh boy. That was the kind of pain where you just aren't sure if you hurt yourself badly or not. But it was right where everyone always says breaks usually happen, right behind the elbow below your bicep (bottom of the Humerus). So I sat down for a bit, used the sports massager and our new red light on it and my muscles relaxed and the pain went away. Tested it out slowly with some side pressure on the table a few minutes after that and I was totally pain-free. Guessing it was just a bone flex that set off my nerves. Don't like pushing it to the edge like that at all obviously but the plus side is that my bone should actually grow stronger from it.

Learned something Mr. Stapleton calls the 'kill move' yesterday as well. Basically a cobra. Man, that's the most technical thing I've ever done on the table. Took nearly an hour to actually comprehend the movement. Gonna take a while to teach my arm to do it properly under tension and different pressures from opponents. Apparently, this is sort of a nonpurposeful trade secret. Some of the pros have talked about it and even tried to show it a bit but man, you just can't comprehend it without being on a table with someone who knows it and has won national titles or something like that doing it. I say that because it seems so out there that you really have to have confidence in the person teaching you.

Grabbed a set of these therapy balls as well.

The idea is to keep as much time under tension as possible with my hands as well as constant blood flow. In my experience and from what I've observed, it's this that grows hands the most. Plus, I'm trying to grow the two main red fiber muscles in my hand as well. This is important for me since I arm wrestle. The more meat I have on my hands the less leverage my opponent can get. So having something in my hands that I can always squeeze, even during recovery, is really beneficial. I'm pretty much always squeezing on one of my balls, still 100 reps at a time. I'll usually go through every finger individually (100 reps each) as well as two different positions with my thumb, before I just squeeze it casually. A nice side effect is that it has actually been helping to relieve stress as well.

Anyway, keep at it warriors.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Any thoughts on intermittent fasting? I'm on restrictions for a month due to a knee injury and was thinking of trying it while on it for the next few weeks to cut a bit. I'm still hitting the upper body as hard as I can at home but leg work and going to the gym is out of the question for now so seems a good time to try it out.
I consider it one of the most powerful methods towards shaping our overall health

I first began IF in 2014 when I started to get really goal specific and chased my fitness goals relentlessly. It’s the way to go IMO, since then I’ve always included it weekly or at the very least bi-weekly depending on activity levels. If my routine will include a ton of sets upwards of 25+ working sets I would play around with the IF routine and it helped me to better see and understand the benefits of IF

I would say try it out and see how you feel if you’re comfortable with the idea. You can start out with the standard 16/8 IF routine a few days out of the week and see how it goes. For me, I have experimented many years with IF and the sweet spot is like a 22-26 hrs fast. I like that window the best, but that is just according to my preferences

It changed my life. Fasting is extremely powerful stuff. Probably the greatest key to health that the majority of people have likely never tried (knowingly)

Edit: 16/8 is standard, said 16/4 by accident

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Hello again all!

Am still sticking with the diet plan, keeping my carb intake to 55g or less a day and doing more pilate like exercises (got a pilate bar which allows me to really do some great stretching sessions), I managed to turn down Krispy Kremes on my birthday, KFC and Indian takeaway during the week and am even turning down a Five Guys tonight! I feel good about myself and have lost a tinsy bit on the sides and my trousers are already looser after feeling like they were gonna pop before this week started!

Is always a bit sad when you don't lose as much as you want to at first but this is a journey and the results will show as long as I stay strong which I intend to do!

Been living off healthy foods, lots of chicken breast, veg and healthy fats, cut out all unnatural sugars, feeling really good and am managing to function off 5/6 litres of water and a few herbal teas instead of my usual caffeine buffet.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hit 5.7 miles on my run before my LCL gave me trouble. I'm a bit pissed about it because I was feeling so good running before that. I had so much left in the tank. It's feeling better now so I might finish that run later.

Big thing for me is I need more time on the mat doing yoga to loosen up.

Made Guardian's Light Guardian's Light yogurt/banana ice cream. Threw in some blueberries & protein powder for good measure. Just put it in the freezer so I'll come back with results tomorrow. I suspect I may need to loosen it up a bit with some milk. Here were the qtys used:
- 100g protein powder
- 600g Greek yogurt
- 300 Bananas
- 250g blueberries

Cutty Flam

Banned
Hello again all!

Am still sticking with the diet plan, keeping my carb intake to 55g or less a day and doing more pilate like exercises (got a pilate bar which allows me to really do some great stretching sessions), I managed to turn down Krispy Kremes on my birthday, KFC and Indian takeaway during the week and am even turning down a Five Guys tonight! I feel good about myself and have lost a tinsy bit on the sides and my trousers are already looser after feeling like they were gonna pop before this week started!

Is always a bit sad when you don't lose as much as you want to at first but this is a journey and the results will show as long as I stay strong which I intend to do!

Been living off healthy foods, lots of chicken breast, veg and healthy fats, cut out all unnatural sugars, feeling really good and am managing to function off 5/6 litres of water and a few herbal teas instead of my usual caffeine buffet.
Very strong choices bro, very wise choices as well. You’ll be thanking yourself later when you hit the beach and women detect a Chad among men upon the sands

Hit 5.7 miles on my run before my LCL gave me trouble. I'm a bit pissed about it because I was feeling so good running before that. I had so much left in the tank. It's feeling better now so I might finish that run later.

Big thing for me is I need more time on the mat doing yoga to loosen up.

Made Guardian's Light Guardian's Light yogurt/banana ice cream. Threw in some blueberries & protein powder for good measure. Just put it in the freezer so I'll come back with results tomorrow. I suspect I may need to loosen it up a bit with some milk. Here were the qtys used:
- 100g protein powder
- 600g Greek yogurt
- 300 Bananas
- 250g blueberries
Yep, milk or water will do the trick, probably protein powder gave it too much thick, I often use protein to make porridge and such acquire texture when it's too liquid

Also tried a new one, courtesy of a friend of mine: mix greek yogurt and maple syrup with a spoon, add some dark chocolate drops, put that mix between some digestive cookies

Then put in freezer for two hours, and let them out for ten minutes and voilà, ice cream protein cookies

Ate them this morning, they're legit incredible

For quantities, I used 200gr nonfat greek yogurt, 30gr choco drops, 20gr maple syrup and 100gr cookies

Last edited:
Hello again all!

That's really awesome bro, keep working!

Also, healthiness calls for more healthiness, the more you feel better, the more you'll want to stick to the program, so good luck and never give up!

Last edited:

Raven117

Hello again all!

Good for you!! This is what it’s all about.

that weight will melt off soon enough

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Went cycling with my son did about 5 miles. Through the countryside and some hills legs aching. I know it’s not so super awesome but it’s a start did some weeding as well yesterday that took ages at had to weed a lot. Brought some ice cream lollies as hot today lol

Last edited:

Raven117

Hunting monsters doesn’t count as physical activity Maiden.

Top Bottom