• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida Man Fights to Keep Pizza-Loving Alligator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMelon

Fish And Wildlife officials said the best outcome for Gwendolyn is to actually stay with David, because the alligator is so used to living with him. First, however, he'll have to make changes to his property.

I don't see the problem.

ZeroX03

Banned
Still0715_00001_1468580902374_4071231_ver1.0.jpg

Kazuhira

This man is awesome imo.
Maybe it's common knowledge but i didn't know that gators could live that long tbh,especially one whose main source of food is pizza and cookies.
I guess if they can eat any kind of crap in the wild,pizza isn't that unhealthy in comparison.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder how healthy a alligator can be on a diet of cookies and Pizza. That thing must have diabetes by now.

No problem at all. Renovating the space to give the gator more room to roam is definitely the best outcome. Five decades is a very long time. That gator would do well back in the wild.

That's a death sentence for the gator. It's lived in captivity most of its life. It didn't learn to hunt or what to hunt or even how to interact with wild gators. There's a reason why wild life officials said it's better off with the owner. I agree that it needs more room to roam though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that gator eats pizza and fucking chocolate chip cookies?

Burt

That footage was either edited together by a high school freshmen or the folks at Adult Swim. Cool gator though.

Watevaman

Is it possible to actually keep large gators (man-eater size) as pets?

I ain't no scientist, but I think the reason many of them get that big is because they have the food supply to encourage that growth. I imagine if you wanted a 20 foot alligator, you'd need to feed it large animals fairly regularly. There's no way you'd be able to domesticate one that already reached that size, though. They weigh hundreds of pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom