• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foamstars has lost nearly 95% of its player base

Full House GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wouldn't players who purchased the game likely stick around longer...making the more accurate figure be lower?

What am I missing?
Like any game, there will be a tiny amount of hardcore gamers sticking around to the end. But based on the site and their math, it probably looks like maybe 2-3% of gamers are left. I took a guess there. But by their calculation it's going to be no more than 5% by the looks of it. Crazy. It cant even break the Top 200 games, where some indie racer called CarX Drift even has more players.

RCU005

But publishers are adamant in finding their "holy grail" with GaaS games. They have this weird belief that they can also make a Fortnite-like successful game.

Kabelly

Other than amiibo and DLC Splatoon is a complete package that doesn't have any microtransactions. The downside is the drip feed of content. I have put thousands of hours in all the Splatoon games because the gameplay is just perfection. Gyro aim is still one of the greatest things added to console shooters.

Personally I still think Splatoon has the best graphics on Switch. From the ink physics to the details of the NPCs. Salmon Run enemies are actually tough and the ai can mess with you hard.

Splatoon is life.

Myths

Who even greenlighted this project for production? Even an avid fan of this company could draft and pitch a more profitable, apposite IP aligning with their business model than this junk.

Hey, I played Foamstars just to see how it was.

It was fucking boring! This is why it sucks beyond the GAAS fatigue, it is a game that appeals to no one and the monetization of it is fucking horrendous. It is no surprise why it lost most of its player base. It is a game for no one that nobody asked for.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Foamstars developer Square Enix has apologised for the game's ongoing matchmaking issues but didn't mention a fix in its incoming v3.20 patch notes.

A blog post from Foamstars producer Kosuke Okatani outlined the incoming patch but began with an apology to fans for matchmaking issues which have persisted since its launch on February 6, 2024.

Why does everything sounds like a mess here

Top Bottom