• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foo Fighters are back - New album Spring 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
twofold said:
Is the documentary available to watch online?

No =(

I'd like to rewatch it uncensored and without breaks. It was truly great. Possibly even better than Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster"

snesfreak

Banned
Lol, a few days ago I got an email from Amazon saying my copy of "Foo Fighters" would ship later than Wasting Light. And now I just got an email saying part of my order shipped, and it was "Foo Fighters".

-Eddman-

Are they releasing the documentary on DVD or something? I'm in Mexico and I can't watch it on TV, theaters or online. It looks awesome, going by your comments.

UKGAF, Channel 4 is showing some Foo Fighters show now, currently playing live All My Life from this year. Will have new tracks performances.

Doc's playing now on VH1 Classic.

Also, the Foo Fighters will be on The Daily Show tonight to perform Bridge Burning and Arlandria. :)

TeegsD

Theyre playing Bridges Burning on the Daily Show. Cannot wait for Arlandria. I can't wait for classes tomorrow to be done with so I can go get this album.

BLSwagger10 said:
Theyre playing Bridges Burning on the Daily Show. Cannot wait for Arlandria. I can't wait for classes tomorrow to be done with so I can go get this album.
Going out at 8am to pick this one up me thinks.

Anyone know if any stores have a special edition with extra tracks or whatever?

snesfreak

Banned
beavis_and_butthead_headbanging.gif

WickedCobra03 said:
Going out at 8am to pick this one up me thinks.

Anyone know if any stores have a special edition with extra tracks or whatever?

Best Buy and Itunes are reporting special bonus tracks and videos. I presume they are the same.

TeegsD

KCHusker33 said:
Best Buy and Itunes are reporting special bonus tracks and videos. I presume they are the same.
Looks like I have to find a best buy near here then. Do these need to be preordered or could I just walk in and pick it up. And wtf, comedy central, dont switch shows before my favorite song is over.

Awesome, iTunes pre-order just unlocked.

There's 2 videos (White Limo music video? and Walk, Live at the Roxy), and 2 bonus tracks (Rope Deadmau5 remix) and Better Off.

Gonna spark up and fire this baby up!

BLSwagger10 said:
Looks like I have to find a best buy near here then. Do these need to be preordered or could I just walk in and pick it up. And wtf, comedy central, dont switch shows before my favorite song is over.

The BB ad doesn't say anything about preorder or anything so I'd think you're safe.

after hearing the album about 10 times i think it is about on par with Echoes, also a very good record. my main problem with this record is there is kind of a dry spell in the middle of the album. maybe the songs will grow on me, but the first 5 songs are really great, and then there is a 3 song lull, and then it finishes strong. we'll see if i think any different in 6 months!

AniHawk

The Big Rig said:
My one complaint is that I think the album suffers from In Your Honor-itis. I think a lot of the songs have a very similar sound, which is fairly different from The Colour and the Shape and There is Nothing Left to Lose. I wish there was an Aint it the Life in this album.

yeah, there doesn't seem to be an aurora or walking after you (although i prefer the x-files version myself).

...or even an everlong type. not that those are easy to come by, but come alive was the closest they've ever gotten.

BLSwagger10 said:
Thanks, I guess I will check that place out first tomorrow morning, but I will have to wait until like 10am though...

Revolutionary said:
Rope Deadmau5 remix is... interesting.

Agreed, but surprisingly I kind of liked it. The other bonus song, "Better Off" was just okay after my first listen. We'll see if it grows on me.

Edit - Woot! New Foo album and I finally shed the junior tag.

MacGurcules said:
Man, this doc is great. I gotta stop watching it right now otherwise I'll end up watching the whole thing and be up way too late.

Fucking Megavideo cut me off after 72 minutes. I have to wait an hour before watching the last half-hour.

Revolutionary said:
Seems to be the same as what's found on the iTunes Deluxe Edition.

Rope Deadmau5 remix is... interesting.

Same thing on amazon. Buying right now and putting it on the cloud. Love amazon.

TeegsD

Got my deluxe edition at Best Buy, cannot wait to listen to it later. Oh English and Philosophy classes, why do you and your horribleness have to hold me back from Wasting Light?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
f0rk said:
Anyone get the CD with the master tape?

Heh, was wonder what that was. Cool!

Didn't read the wrapper on the outside, as I just ripped that bastard off, and slapped the CD in the car.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you still use cd's in the car!? lololol, get an mp3 jack broham

Oh, you are a simpleton.

Chevy Cruze has a USB jack built in. MP3 with screen controls :D

I had already had the album on my ipod, but now I can rip a high quality version and replace that old version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom