• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine pouring your heart and soul into a game and having it become the order
I'd be happy.

Honestly they are partly to blame for fucking up early previews of the game. I'm sure I'll have fun with it but man, they really suck at promoting it.

Still, I can understand why developers hare GAF. Some of the posters in the gaming side jump at every mistake or problem and make it like it's The Worst Thing Ever.

And yo be perfectly honest, even if the game ends up with 70 average on Metacritic, it doesn't deserve all the shit spewed on it for the past week.

Probity

GAF, the high and mighty infallible game critic forum. I am sure the Order will be just fine for what it is, same as other games GAF attacks. It feels like anything not a jrpg is awful sometimes, I can't deal with it. Good thing I found you lot or I'd have given up all hope by now.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be happy.

Honestly they are partly to blame for fucking up early previews of the game. I'm sure I'll have fun with it but man, they really suck at promoting it.

Still, I can understand why developers hare GAF. Some of the posters in the gaming side jump at every mistake or problem and make it like it's The Worst Thing Ever.

And yo be perfectly honest, even if the game ends up with 70 average on Metacritic, it doesn't deserve all the shit spewed on it for the past week.

They really screwed up with almost everything in it, instead of taikng the "1800s steampunk" enviroment and making a fun, creative shooter with it, they just took the generic "AAA cinematic shooter" way. There's even a whole chapter in the game that's literally a cutscene. I think there must've been a management change or something to cause such a half-ass product.

They really screwed up with almost everything in it, instead of taikng the "1800s steampunk" enviroment and making a fun, creative shooter with it, they just took the generic "AAA cinematic shooter" way. There's even a whole chapter in the game that's literally a cutscene. I think there must've been a management change or something to cause such a half-ass product.
You've played/watched the whole game mate?

Probity

I feel like I am one of the only people on GAF that doesn't mind what everyone here describes as the generic AAA style. Most AAA games have a degree of solid polish (less now than in the past), the mechanics are generally solid, and the production value is evident. Games like The Order fit a specific story that the devs wanted to tell and if they thought that the mechanics and sections they built it with were good enough and all that, then that's fine. Creativity is fantastic mechanic-wise but it isn't always necessary. If the gameplay is good enough as it is and the story is interesting than sometimes the devs just really don't have to create and add in the next big idea for stereotypical AAA games to use. Based on what I have read of the game it doesn't come across as a half-ass product and to claim as much is just as bad as the shit people are spewing on the game already.

So what if there is a whole chapter which is a cutscene? Maybe that's what they wanted. It is a heavily cinematic experience, and the style is one that many already enjoy and if it isn't your 'cup of tea' then really it isn't a big deal if you don't indulge on it. I like cinematic games, and I will no doubt like The Order, so I will personally hop in and play it. Perhaps it won't be the best game of all time, but perfection is relative.

Scum

We all know The Order is going to be an ~8hr, 7 (maybe 8) out of 10 title for 30quid that you play when your sordid evenings with the missus is fucked over because she has to work the weekend shift. It'll just be nice for the bean counters on gamingside to simply acknowledge that they are in it for the spectacle.

yeah, someone had it uploaded on yt lol
I don't really mind.

In fact I was happy they said it's a sub 10 hour game. So glad to just be able to finish the game in two days.

We all know The Order is going to be an ~8hr, 7 (maybe 8) out of 10 title for 30quid that you play when your sordid evenings with the missus is fucked over because she has to work the weekend shift. It'll just be nice for the bean counters on gamingside to simply acknowledge that they are in it for the spectacle.

Yes Scum!

Exactly how I feel. Don't know why people are losing their shit at the game for to be perfectly honest.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

yeah, really dont get why people though the Order was going to be the next Last of Us. Guess they really need something for the console wars.

Elchele

I just realized how I moved the conversation to "Dredd" in the Kingsman thread :lol

Can't wait to watch Ex Machina. I think I'll make an exception and go to the cinema to watch it sooner
iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

GQman2121

Banned
One of the guys from Ready At Dawn is in our Madden league and he's been taking it in stride the last few months, but today it's been pretty hard I think.

I need to stop reading gaming side and stressing myself out :(

We're in the same division and play twice a season. He's a cool dude and I hope the game does well for his sake. Or at least is decent and allows him to continue onto the next project that he's passionate about.

FootballFan

One of the guys from Ready At Dawn is in our Madden league and he's been taking it in stride the last few months, but today it's been pretty hard I think.

We're in the same division and play twice a season. He's a cool dude and I hope the game does well for his sake. Or at least is decent and allows him to continue onto the next project that he's passionate about.

Splat posts here too mate.

faridmon

It's amazing what people will spend their days loosing their shit over.

Anybody in here watchin better call saul?

Meh, We all lose shit on trivial stuff in life. Its just a bit immature and funny to see grown up voicing it over the internet with a straight face.

I wonder if better call saul is watchable if I haven't watched Breaking bad...

The Order gets hate for the same reason No Man's Sky is ragged on. Console warz innit.

Is No Man Sky gonna be full priced product?

FootballFan

Meh, We all lose shit on trivial stuff in life. Its just a bit immature and funny to see grown up voicing it over the internet with a straight face.

You can watch it but you won't enjoy it as much imo.

How about you just watch breaking bad though.

Phlebas

Banned

Is No Man Sky gonna be full priced product?

Yeah its watchable as its supposed to be a prequel but you'll miss all the throwbacks to the show.

You really should watch Breaking Bad first though, you'll appreciate the sequel more after.

Edit: Damn it FF

faridmon

You can watch it but you won't enjoy it as much imo.

How about you just watch breaking bad though.

Yeah its watchable as its supposed to be a prequel but you'll miss all the throwbacks to the show.

You really should watch Breaking Bad first though, you'll appreciate the sequel more after.

Edit: Damn it FF

I want to watch it but I have so many shows I am juggling to a point that its crazy to consider another 5 season series. I just don't have the time for it.

One day, but I wondering about Better Call Saul since its much more manageable to stomach an recent series.

It's funny watching a show filmed in your home city because all the geography is completely wrong.

Nottinghill got it right though as it was shot ine the area where my grandmother lived in Nottinghill Gate.

FootballFan

Farid, if you ain't gonna watch BB, don't waste your time with BCS.

Just use that time practicing Dragon Ball Xenoverse instead.

New trailer came out yesterday btw.

HYPE.

faridmon

Farid, if you ain't gonna watch BB, don't waste your time with BCS.

Just use that time practicing Dragon Ball Xenoverse instead.

New trailer came out yesterday btw.

HYPE.

I going in blind. I want to be surprised. Hopefully they better the fighting engine in those Tenkaichi one because some of the hit detection was janky as hell. Bodukai 3 was the best one and that was long time ago.

FootballFan

I going in blind. I want to be surprised. Hopefully they better the fighting engine in those Tenkaichi one because some of the hit detection was janky as hell. Bodukai 3 was the best one and that was long time ago.

Nah it won't be like Tenkaichi.

It has the freedom of movement like Tenkaichi but the fighting is very much like Budokai 3 as they brought back the normal controls.

You have a punch button, kick button, ki blast button etc. So it's Budokai 3 like controls with Tenkaichi camera/movement.

Rikkun

All this time u guys taught me gaming side is mad
And now I see that thread against those who throw cig butts on the street

It's like reading a Naruto freeforum filled with kids having problems with their parents

faridmon

All this time u guys taught me gaming side is mad
And now I see that thread against those who throw cig butts on the street

It's like reading a Naruto freeforum filled with kids having problems with their parents

And, yet, I can't stop going to those threads. Its like I want to be enraged with the internet.
Its an addiction at this point.

Nah it won't be like Tenkaichi.

It has the freedom of movement like Tenkaichi but the fighting is very much like Budokai 3 as they brought back the normal controls.

You have a punch button, kick button, ki blast button etc. So it's Budokai 3 like controls with Tenkaichi camera/movement.

That sounds good. At some point I was actually good at Bodukai games, but with Tenkaichi, I felt there is something off about the way fights were initiated. but I did like the Wii games and their waggle control, it added a lot of dimension to it.

Rikkun

And, yet, I can't stop going to those threads. Its like I want to be enraged with the internet.
Its an addiction at this point.

"You are questioning the decision-making of people who intentionally pay for and suck down toxins for pleasure."

"You can't expect people who smoke to use their brains. If they knew how to do that, they wouldn't smoke."

I guess being wary of people with furry/animu avatars is always a good choice.

scabro

I think "you won't enjoy it as much if you havent seen breaking bad" is kind of underselling it.

You'll miss alot of the fanservice-y stuff, but its still a really good show. You do run of the risk of having some event from BB spoiled for you if the show ever does jump into the future.

if you can you should watch BB asap though

GorillaJu

The criticisms on gaming side are often so out of left field and absurdly demanding. People have very little empathy and phrase their hyperbolic opinions in passive aggression.

Developers learn very very little useful info from places like Gaf, at least when the discussion is as volatile as it is surrounding games like the Order.

Rikkun

The criticisms on gaming side are often so out of left field and absurdly demanding. People have very little empathy and phrase their hyperbolic opinions in passive aggression.

Developers learn very very little useful info from places like Gaf, at least when the discussion is as volatile as it is surrounding games like the Order.

I have no sympathy for these people. You should respect other people's work, not getting riled up like they're trying to shove your mother's ashes down your throat.

I knew from the reveal, I'll probably never buy The Order on day one.
I didn't go on a forum shouting that the game was crap etc. etc.
Probably I'm too old to care anymore

Haha that's true. A friend of mine who was an environment artist on it(and the reason I hope it's good /does well) pretty much left GAF, despite being here for years.

faridmon

Farid.

Have you seen Parasyte The Maxim?

Yeah, love it. I have read the Manga long time ago, but I am pleasantly surprised how faithful the Anime is to it. Migi is one of the best written characters out there with his logical and rational analysis of humans and whatnot.

I haven't watch the last 3 episode or so, so I have a lot to catch up to, but I really love the production value Madhouse have put into it. Definitely my favourite Studio.

Surprised you watch that.

Phlebas

Banned
Yeah, love it. I have read the Manga long time ago, but I am pleasantly surprised how faithful the Anime is to it. Migi is one of the best written characters out there with his logical and rational analysis of humans and whatnot.

I haven't watch the last 3 episode or so, so I have a lot to catch up to, but I really love the production value Madhouse have put into it. Definitely my favourite Studio.

I'm glad they didn't go with heavy censorship, it makes the experience so much better

Edit:Surprised how come?

faridmon

I'm glad they didn't go with heavy censorship, it makes the experience so much better

I was pretty worried to say the least, especially as I came off Tokyo Ghoul in the previous season where everything was censored and then Terraformers went further with that shit, but From the get go, I knew we were getting a great treatment with the amount of gore present.

It felt more violent in Manga as far I remember though. Looking back on it,, I think I had a lot grimacing views throughout it, but maybe that is just Nostalgia talking.

Edit:Surprised how come?

Well I didn't realise anyone else watched Anime beside me and Killer7 (or was kida seven? I always get mixed up between the two of them)

Phlebas

Banned
I was pretty worried to say the least, especially as I came off Tokyo Ghoul in the previous season where everything was censored and then Terraformers went further with that shit, but From the get go, I knew we were getting a great treatment with the amount of gore present.

It felt more violent in Manga as far I remember though. Looking back on it,, I think I had a lot grimacing views throughout it, but maybe that is just Nostalgia talking.

Well I didn't realise anyone else watched Anime beside me and Killer7 (or was kida seven? I always get mixed up between the two of them)

I never saw Tokyo Ghoul or Terraformers but I saw how they censored it and went overboard with it.

Turned me off from starting both.

Edit:

I never saw anyone mentioning it, so I just avoided it

GQman2121

Banned

This is so true.

The bottom line is that it's a bunch of awkward losers trying to fit in. People that are likely socially incompetent in their day to day lives with face to face interactions, and can't wait to get online, and join a cause or in the case of gaming, pick a side. That might be off base, even harsh, but that's what it feels like to me.

The sad part is, is that they're the majority of the people who are making up our online communities. These are ones that are literally keeping the multiple sites covering the industry alive online. It's why nothing ever changes. Their clicks and rambling nonsense is good for business.

Rikkun

This is so true.

The bottom line is that it's a bunch of awkward losers trying to fit in. People that are likely socially incompetent in their day to day lives with face to face interactions, and can't wait to get online, and join a cause or in the case of gaming, pick a side. That might be off base, even harsh, but that's what it feels like to me.

The sad part is, is that they're the majority of the people who are making up our online communities. These are ones that are literally keeping the multiple sites covering the industry alive online. It's why nothing ever changes. Their clicks and rambling nonsense is good for business.

Well you could say the same about music, movies and sports.
We're kinda immaculate thanks to maximum banter (even tho some teams got us some of those guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

GorillaJu

This is so true.

The worst is when fan groups smugly claim credit for major shifts or decisions like they've successfully fostered some political uprising. I guess they don't realize it's just that customers who complain enough generally get what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom