• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

scabro

The worst is when fan groups smugly claim credit for major shifts or decisions like they've successfully fostered some political uprising. I guess they don't realize it's just that customers who complain enough generally get what they want.

ad132863963manchester-engla.jpg

faridmon

I never saw Tokyo Ghoul or Terraformers but I saw how they censored it and went overboard with it.

Turned me off from starting both.

Edit:

I never saw anyone mentioning it, so I just avoided it

Nah, me and and that 7 dude talk about it fairly regularly, especially when Hunter x Hunter was on. Good to see a third member who follows it. I just finished watching Blue Excorcist and I found it meh, the movie was way better because of its fantastic background art, but the writing was still meh.

I personally enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul, even though I have been told its shit compared to the Manga, the censoring sucked, but I thought it was an intelligent Anime that focused a lot of civil problems (Such as Man v Monster), well the Shonen part of it sucked, but it had good, likable characters.

Terraformers was shit though, so its was for the better if have avoided it.

Suen

Nah, me and and that 7 dude talk about it fairly regularly, especially when Hunter x Hunter was on. Good to see a third member who follows it. I just finished watching Blue Excorcist and I found it meh, the movie was way better because of its fantastic background art, but the writing was still meh.

I personally enjoyed Tokyo Ghoul, even though I have been told its shit compared to the Manga, the censoring sucked, but I thought it was an intelligent Anime that focused a lot of civil problems (Such as Man v Monster), well the Shonen part of it sucked, but it had good, likable characters.

Terraformers was shit though, so its was for the better if have avoided it.
It is shit compared to the manga. I went to see it after having read the manga. Went through the first season which was shite (last ep was good though) and didn't last more than 12 min or so of the first ep of season 2 when I saw that they removed one of the favorite parts of the battle in that episode. I was then told season 2 would go it's own way so I completely lost interest. Tokyo Ghoul anime is shite.

Terra Formars is shite, both manga and anime.

Yen

Crikey, just recovered from an awful migraine.

I forgot to give a shoutout to Ireland's cricket team for beating the West Indies. Ireland had beat them before in 1969. The apocryphal story goes that the West Indian players discovered Guinness for the first time the night before and that was the reason they were all out for 25.

faridmon

Hunter x Hunter

What a show

Still in the middle of the chimera arc

Soon you will join us in the depression that is no more Hunter x Hunter.
Just to let you know, this world sucks.

:(

It is shit compared to the manga. I went to see it after having read the manga. Went through the first season which was shite (last ep was good though) and didn't last more than 12 min or so of the first ep of season 2 when I saw that they removed one of the favorite parts of the battle in that episode. I was then told season 2 would go it's own way so I completely lost interest. Tokyo Ghoul anime is shite.

Terra Formars is shite, both manga and anime.

Or so I have been told. I am aware of the Anime and the Manga comparison, ut I am talking as someone who never read the Manga, The Anime does things in an interesting manner, I can tell there are a lot of things they missed out and apparently Kirishima's character is was different in the Manga, but nevertheless, I did find it enjoyable. Maybe I will change my mind after reading teh Manga though.

I am surprised you hating Root though, I did hear that it improved a lot on the first series and is following the Manga closely.

Shame Man Utd won, though it makes little difference whether it's them or Arsenal in the semifinal.

It annoys me that people shit on The Order for things that have always been its focus. They never pretended that visuals, presentation and cinematography weren't the priority.

Tried starting 1upYours last night. Fuck that. Can't be doing with how fucking dry and humourless it is. From what I remember it changes and becomes more casual, but bollocks to suffering through it until that point.

Shame Man Utd won, though it makes little difference whether it's them or Arsenal in the semifinal.

It annoys me that people shit on The Order for things that have always been its focus. They never pretended that visuals, presentation and cinematography weren't the priority.

Tried starting 1upYours last night. Fuck that. Can't be doing with how fucking dry and humourless it is. From what I remember it changes and becomes more casual, but bollocks to suffering through it until that point.

For the perfect cinematic experience order dirks have been 2 hours long. I hope some reviewer somewhere docks points for that misstep.

faridmon

Is hunter x hunter better than berserk, Cowboy Bebop, dragon ball or fma.

I don't think it can be.

Better than all of them combined because its such an intelligent show that manages to actually innovate and break free from its Shonen shackles, boast an array of genres, and have meticulous world building that sets a high standard for anything in the medium.

I felt this way after Gurren lagann

I'm not looking forward to it. ��

I actually didn't like Gurran Lagaann, but again, I never liked Mecha, so....

FootballFan

Better than all of them combined because its such an intelligent show that manages to actually innovate and break free from its Shonen shackles, boast an array of genres, and have meticulous world building that sets a high standard for anything in the medium.

Sorry farid, but

Wrong.

Dragon ball transcends the anime world.

Mes que un anime

faridmon

Sorry farid, but

Wrong.

Dragon ball transcends the anime world.

Mes que un anime

pls FF, take off those goku branded glasses for ones and listen to yourself talking.

btw

Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butouden announced for 3DS #1
ANN link: http://4NN.cx/.85071

- Out this summer
- 2D fighter
- Over 100 fighters
- 1 vs. 1 and team battles
- Ultimate Arts finishing moves
- character assists

Big fan of Ultimate Butouden on DS, but obviously Game Republic aren't behind this. I wonder who is. 100+ fighters is more of a detriment than positive, but hey.

FootballFan

pls FF, take off those goku branded glasses for ones and listen to yourself talking.

btw

Holy shit.

Day one. Thanks for letting me know farid.

The gba dragon ball z games man...So damn good.

Also, pls don't make fun of my taste in anime. I will watch hunter x hunter and be the judge.

faridmon

Holy shit.

Day one. Thanks for letting me know farid.

The gba dragon ball z games man...So damn good.

Also, pls don't make fun of my taste in anime. I will watch hunter x hunter and be the judge.

Yeah, those were damn good, especially that RPG one. Also, Dragonball DS and the second one was the GOAT!

FootballFan

Can't tell if you're joking viva so i don't know if it's worth explaining or not haha. It was offside though.

Yeah, those were damn good, especially that RPG one. Also, Dragonball DS and the second one was the GOAT!

Can't remember the ds games. :(

I liked legacy of goku 2, buu's fury, advanced adventure and supersonic warriors.

There are plenty of animes who are superior.

Lol penny. You are a funny person <3

Can't tell if you're joking viva so i don't know if it's worth explaining or not haha. It was offside though.

Can't remember the ds games. :(

I liked legacy of goku 2, buu's fury, advanced adventure and supersonic warriors.

Lol penny. You are a funny person <3
No I'm being serious.

Why should it have been?

FootballFan

No I'm being serious.

Why should it have been?

He doesn't have to be in the line of sight or have to touch the ball.

Interrupting/distracting/interfering with play is all that's needed....I think.

The keeper clearly hesitates for a split second because he probably thought the ball was going to hit Rooney.

100% offside in my eyes.

Doesn't matter anyway at this point.

My mate who refs at primary schools here said it was too.

jts

...hate me...
Okay, I decided to spend time in PES as well from today.

Only to learn its ways and destroy Wilbs and impose my opinion that FIFA is better.

He doesn't have to be in the line of sight or have to touch the ball.

Interrupting/distracting/interfering with play is all that's needed....I think.

The keeper clearly hesitates for a split second because he probably thought the ball was going to hit Rooney.

100% offside in my eyes.

Doesn't matter anyway at this point.

My mate who refs at primary schools here said it was too.

The offside rule defines "interfering with an opponent" as either obstructing the opponents line of sight of the ball or challenging an opponent for the ball.

All the other clauses of the rule ("nearer to the opponents goal line", "interfering with play" and "gaining an advantage by being in that position") aren't applicable as they all involve the attacking player touching the ball.

Rooney didn't challenge the keeper. And he wasn't in line of the sight.

Lunar FC

Anybody watch this Bosch show on amazon prime? Kinda like a poor mans Luther, not too shabby.

Keeper could see the ball clearly, all the way. Herrera curled that shot, there is a large part of the field where keeper could clearly see where the ball is going. He wasn't going to save it.
Think the keeper was worried about the deflection because it was a rather easy save to make.

Bold One

This is so true.

The bottom line is that it's a bunch of awkward losers trying to fit in. People that are likely socially incompetent in their day to day lives with face to face interactions, and can't wait to get online, and join a cause or in the case of gaming, pick a side. That might be off base, even harsh, but that's what it feels like to me.

The sad part is, is that they're the majority of the people who are making up our online communities. These are ones that are literally keeping the multiple sites covering the industry alive online. It's why nothing ever changes. Their clicks and rambling nonsense is good for business.

Its an absurdly loud minority, and you are mostly spot on with sites like gaf, OT and gaming side in particular are exceptionally corrosive echo chambers.

Its seems like if a dev makes a game that doesn't cater to some poster's specific entitlements, its smeared with the most ludicrous and thinly veiled concern trolling imaginable.

scently

That the keeper decided to hesitate doesn't mean Rooney was offside. He wasn't interfering with play. The ball was visible. In another game or another ref, it might have been given as offside.

The only problem I have with The Order, and to be sure this isn't limited to The Order, is the length relative to the price of the game, especially since its a single player only game (it doesn't really matter to me if it has multi as I don't play multiplayer games). I would like my games to have a decent length. I will still get the game but when its cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom