• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't smoke (cigarettes) but I totally get why it's sensational. Don't mind them
I don't smoke either. What are you implying, Yurt - that I'm some hideous subhumanoid with noisome breath, reeking clothes, and terrible skin?

I don't mind them. I've seen the futility of it. After all, I'm a Napoli supporter. We know futility in our essence.

Rikkun

thanks. I was looking for the original without the CULTUREPSG utter bullshit
giphy.gif

Lol. Poor Messi.

Edit: As a Juve fan, why the hate?

It's not the Juve fan who's talking, I just don't like him and his face.
If I had to choose, I'd definitely be on team Cristina.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
giphy.gif

He's carrying the short people flag in football WHAT ARE YOU DOING

You just set us a few steps back

Can't stand smokers. I live in Canada so barely anyone smokes because best laws.

Fuck smokers

I smoke marijuana on occasion but that's different

Meier

Did you guys see the new picture of Fry? Dude looks like a fucking hunk! Rocking a beard, ditched his glasses, hair is on point.

giphy.gif

Oooffft. You'd choose that arrogant Yokel over Messi? My abiding memory of Ronaldo was the champions league victory over Chelsea (I think). At the end of the penalty shootout when Terry (edit - Anelka) fucked up his kick all the other United players ran to celebrate with Van Den Sar. All except one. Ronaldo, who sunk to his knees and then sobbed on the floor. I could hear in my head what he was thinking. "I've done it. I can't believe I've done it". Not we. It was all about him.

From that moment I've disliked him and I was a big fan for a long time. I honestly think with Penaldo, it's all about him. When Messi scores, he always looks for the team mate who assisted him and celebrates with him. Maybe it's just a small thing, but for me it illustrates that one is out for personal glory and the other is a team player. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread into a Messi vs Ronaldo thing because it's probably been done to death.

Jarnet87

PSG vs Chelsea is the better game on paper, but we all know that will be a boring 1-1, dat jose. Would rather watch Bayern slaughter shaktar.

Rikkun

Smoking is cool brah
jBX8nGI.png

image.php

Oooffft. You'd choose that arrogant Yokel over Messi? My abiding memory of Ronaldo was the champions league victory over Chelsea (I think). At the end of the penalty shootout when Terry fucked up his kick all the other United players ran to celebrate with Van Den Sar. All except one. Ronaldo, who sunk to his knees. I could hear in my head what he was thinking. "I've done it. I can't believe I've done it". Not we. It was all about him.

From that moment I've disliked him and I was a big fan for a long time. I honestly think with Penaldo, it's all about him. When Messi scores, he always looks for the team mate who assisted him and celebrates with him. Maybe it's just a small thing, but for me it illustrates that one is out for personal glory and the other is a team player. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread into a Messi vs Ronaldo thing because it's probably been done to death.

idk, I've always seen him as someone who trains hard to get where he wants to be.
And -from what we see on news etc- Messi looks more cuntish than him with kids etc.

But yeah, let's close this early before Real and Barca fans storm in with knives

Fuck Juve.

giphy.gif

Oooffft. You'd choose that arrogant Yokel over Messi? My abiding memory of Ronaldo was the champions league victory over Chelsea (I think). At the end of the penalty shootout when Terry fucked up his kick all the other United players ran to celebrate with Van Den Sar. All except one. Ronaldo, who sunk to his knees. I could hear in my head what he was thinking. "I've done it. I can't believe I've done it". Not we. It was all about him.

Yes, I am sure it is all about Ronaldo. Both of them came from poverty, but it was Messi who was lucky enough to have Barcelona take him and his family in, while Ronaldo has always had to work harder. Nothing has been given to him and he has taken every opportunity that has come his way. I am not going to criticise Ronaldo for being selfish, because i never had his upbringing, and so what if he is arrogant. Michael Jordan and Ali were even more arrogant and considered the greatest sportsmen ever.

Wilbur

Banned
oh my god

Brentford have gone mad

Have they got a 12 year old FM player in charge. Most successful manager ever and they bin for him for some stats. Football has actually gone mad

That is an obscene decision. Surely has to have been something personal behind the scenes.

Bold One

what is it about The Order that makes Gaf crazy? 3000 replies in 2 and a half days

another thread has nearly 4000 for just RAD's response....

the fuck is wrong with these people, if you don't think the game is worth the price of admission wait till it drops in price.

Its not rocket surgery
xVzszLL.png

Esch

Banned
the order makes neogaf.com crazy because it's the heavenly sword of the ps4.

game this bland hasn't caused this much of an uproar since haze.

what is it about The Order that makes Gaf crazy? 3000 replies in 2 and a half days

another thread has nearly 4000 for just RAD's response....

the fuck is wrong with these people, if you don't think the game is worth the price of admission wait till it drops in price.

Its not rocket surgery
xVzszLL.png

It's just because the graphics are insane.

confuziz

Banned
the order makes neogaf.com crazy because it's the heavenly sword of the ps4.

game this bland hasn't caused this much of an uproar since haze.

oh my god haze

my brother bought it for my birthday back in...i don't even know

the horror, the nightmares

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys one of my friends gave me DA:I (DAI DAI) and Wolf-etc New Order

Will be enough till Bloodborne

L1NETT

That is an obscene decision. Surely has to have been something personal behind the scenes.

Maybe

Seems more like their moneyball esque system for 10 year olds on whoscored didn't sit well with Warburton

Tell you what he is gonna have some serious offers in the summer.

Yes, I am sure it is all about Ronaldo. Both of them came from poverty, but it was Messi who was lucky enough to have Barcelona take him and his family in, while Ronaldo has always had to work harder. Nothing has been given to him and he has taken every opportunity that has come his way. I am not going to criticise Ronaldo for being selfish, because i never had his upbringing, and so what if he is arrogant. Michael Jordan and Ali were even more arrogant and considered the greatest sportsmen ever.

I don't think arrogance as a trait is something to admire in anyone, regardless of their upbringing. Confidence yes, arrogance no. Unless it's tongue in cheek like my PS2 days of PES domination.

Ali was arrogant in press conferences to drum up business, but not in person. I've always seen that as a boxing thing, it's not required in football or for that matter basketball. Jordan's widely considered an asshole outside of the sport.

BTW neither Messi or Ronaldo grew up in true poverty, yes neither were rich but they also didn't grow up in favelas. I also don't buy this narrative about one having to work harder than the other. Maybe Ronaldo trains harder now, but Messi effectively spent his entire youth training because he didn't want to be without the ball. The media spun cliché about natural talent vs hard work makes for a nice narrative but doesn't really reflect the truth.

Going to be watching it at a bar with this chick I'm dating who is a weird combination of a BVB, Chelsea, and Liverpool fan. She German

Hope I get lucky afterwards ;)

Esch

Banned
please understand, i am drunk

and i have no idea how i am going to survive until PSG
Mourinho gonna put you to bed soon pumpkin. After that initial score the bus parked in front of goal you'll drift off into quiet and dreams of parked buses filled with sisters.

Actually Ronaldo was poor and lived in a shitty place where poor shitty people lived.

No he wasn't breaking bread with vultures and shit, if that's what you're talking about.

Wilbur

Banned
Maybe

Seems more like their moneyball esque system for 10 year olds on whoscored didn't sit well with Warburton

Tell you what he is gonna have some serious offers in the summer.

Hilarious that they've already announced this. Imagine if they went up and got rid. Or how news like this will scupper their plans to go up. Morons.

Meier

For you youngsters out there, check out this album if you're a fan of Scottish rock. Quintessential as far as I'm concerned:

220px-Theremotepart.jpg

Looking forward to their new one.

Is it on FB? Will go look. Need a jerk.

Yep. His new profile pic. Can't blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom