• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
Just played PES divisions (randoms) to practice a bit.

I go with Porto, got matched against Bayern (2-2) then Barça (1-3).

What's the fucking point.

nt5j5sS.png

Rikkun

Just played PES divisions (randoms) to practice a bit.

I go with Porto, got matched against Bayern (2-2) then Barça (1-3).

What's the fucking point.

nt5j5sS.png

There isn't.
You get more points but by losing with a 3 star team against a 5 star team you get nothing.
That's why the lower team you get matched with is usually Juventus.

bud

the thing about smoking that i don't get is: after your first hit, you cough, and your lungs are on fire. you feel like you're about to die.

and yet you keep smoking.

why?

why do you persist?
fthidyA.png

Rikkun

the thing about smoking that i don't get is: after your first hit, you cough, and your lungs are on fire. you feel like you're about to die.

why?

why do you persist?
fthidyA.png

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ouserlves up.

Why do we persist in drinking alcohol? Or eating McD?

jts

...hate me...
There isn't.
You get more points but by losing with a 3 star team against a 5 star team you get nothing.
That's why the lower team you get matched with is usually Juventus.

Then I should be able to choose if I allow to be matched against a higher starred team or not (just like you can division-wise). Otherwise if you're a beginner you have to choose Real or Barça or get steamrolled.

Ugh I hate this. Love playing footies with low, non-OP teams.

Rikkun

Then I should be able to choose if I allow to be matched against a higher starred team or not (just like you can division-wise). Otherwise if you're a beginner you have to choose Real or Barça or get steamrolled.

Ugh I hate this. Love playing footies with low, non-OP teams.

Same for me, this is why I mostly play friendlies.

bud

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ouserlves up.

Why do we persist in drinking alcohol? Or eating McD?

when you drink alcohol, you eventually get drunk. people like getting drunk.
when you eat at mcd's, i suppose you feel satisfied. many people see it as a decent fast food option.

when you smoke for the first time, you cough. you keep smoking, but... you don't get high.
image.php

so what exactly is the end game other than getting addicted to something you don't need in the first place?

at least with weed you're getting high.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I never understood how people allowed themselves to get addicted to cigarettes. Don't understand how after that first toke people don't say fuck that.

jts

...hate me...
when you eat at mcd's, i suppose you feel satisfied. many people see it as a decent fast food option.

when you smoke for the first time, you cough. you keep smoking, but... you don't get high.
image.php

so what exactly is the end game other than getting addicted to something you don't need in the first place?

Because you want to look like a suave motherfucker.

obama-smoking-tm.jpg

(I agree with you, and I don't smoke. Except when I'm drunk.)

Esch

Banned

why?

why do you persist?
fthidyA.png

I think it depends on what you're smoking, though.

Like with a cigar, you don't really inhale. To me it's more like a fashion accessory for your mouth. I mean some of them taste nice, but hey.

But when you're smoking bong or shisha you can set it up so that the burn is minimalized, and i find there to be something incredibly primal and satisfying about bellowing a giant gale of smoke. The drug/feeling effects of smoking something are like a side bonus. I just enjoy that mouthfeel.

WS53Zo6.png

Rikkun

image.php

That's the end game, a way out.
Granted, many start young so it's just a way to feel cool, but then you just associate it with a small relaxing time. I like it for that, my brain asks for a cigarette when I've been working hours non-stop or when I'm with friends, to have a good time.

I also obviously like alcohol and McDonald's and everything else
ibzeqCJtvoUAS9.png

Wilbur

Banned
People do stupid shit everyday, like sitting on their asses playing videogames. Cigarettes aren't some exception.

One is a recreational pastime that won't affect your health, your breath and your skin, unless you submit to other nerdy stereotypes like not washing or doing exercise.

The other is a DEATH STICK

Tubie

I love when smokers compare it to other shit that's bad for you. Well at least you get drunk with alcohol or have fun when you play a video game too much and so on.

There's no plus side to smoking, other than to satisfy the addiction you've built up for no reason at all in the first place.

inky

^

I think most people are just bothered by second hand smoke, not that people smoke themselves. Like, if you eat a burger, I don't get fat too, etc.

I love when smokers compare it to other shit that's bad for you. Well at least you get drunk with alcohol or have fun when you play a video game too much and so on.

There's no plus side to smoking, other than to satisfy the addiction you've built up for no reason at all in the first place.
I love when people who've never smoked blurt out this same baseless banality.

You don't know the feeling, and you can't precomprehend the feeling.

Yen

I love when people who've never smoked blurt out this same baseless banality.

You don't know the feeling, and you can't precomprehend the feeling.
Based on this post, I'm going to assume smoking is akin to taking acid; transcendent. Oh my god, its full of stars.

Linius

Smoking is a weird addiction. I've never met anyone who said they liked it the first time they tried it. Yet everyone goes trough with it, gets addicted and never stops. Once you're hooked you gotta find reasons to validate your addiction, which makes you blind for criticism towards it. Or just ignorant. Just think of all the money you're spending on smoking and what you could do with it.

West Ham target David Moyes and Slaven Bilic to replace Sam Allardyce

West Ham United will make checks on the availability of David Moyes and Slaven Bilic as the club line up possible replacements for manager Sam Allardyce.

But West Ham co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold face a battle to convince Moyes to leave Real Sociedad after just six months, with the former Manchester United manager enjoying life in Spain and already planning for next season.

Allardyce’s contract is due to expire at the end of the season and Sullivan has already publicly insisted than any negotiations over a new deal will not happen before the summer.

Some West Ham sources rate Allardyce’s chances of being handed a new contract as low as five per cent, despite the fact the club are eighth in the Premier League table, eight points behind fourth-placed Southampton.

Hard times ahead for the sophisticated one.

Smoking is a weird addiction. I've never met anyone who said they liked it the first time they tried it. Yet everyone goes trough with it, gets addicted and never stops. Once you're hooked you gotta find reasons to validate your addiction, which makes you blind for criticism towards it. Or just ignorant. Just think of all the money you're spending on smoking and what you could do with it.
You've just met one, then. And I personally know several others who were instantly enchanted by it.

I'm a former smoker. I'm no longer addicted to cigarettes. And I'm fairly confident I have a better grasp of the situation than a bunch of m8s who've only had one cigarette in their life, if even that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom