• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Forbes]‘Helldivers 2’ On Xbox? Even PS5 Players Want It To Happen

PS5 Players Want It To Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 113 28.7%
  • No

Votes: 281 71.3%

• Total voters

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's a 3.4 Trillion dollar company, Xbox alone has a 110 billion dollar spending budget. They really don't need to do anything for their own sake.
That didn't take long.

It's a company where their gaming division is over $70b in the hole now, and needs to answer to the shareholders to start turning some revenue and profits. Games sales are dwindling and Game Pass isn't cutting it.

Topher

Gold Member
It's a 3.4 Trillion dollar company, Xbox alone has a 110 billion dollar spending budget. They really don't need to do anything for their own sake.

Yes, Xbox really does have to make money for its own sake. Xbox can't suck off the tit of that 3.4 trillion dollar company indefinitely and the console is clearly bottlenecking growth. Why else do you believe Xbox is porting games to PlayStation? Some absurd hope that PlayStation will do the same in return?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes, Xbox really does have to make money for its own sake. Xbox can't suck off the tit of that 3.4 trillion dollar company indefinitely and the console is clearly bottlenecking growth. Why else do you believe Xbox is porting games to PlayStation? Some absurd hope that PlayStation will do the same in return?
I mean, that's the PR narrative Phil is trying to have spun. Reminds me of the "cross-play" PR as well. EEE

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The numbers speak for themselves 🤷‍♂️

jV3Yu7G.jpg
IrC6zc5.jpg
rOKgJxh.jpg
Honestly a legit question because I keep seeing people comparing Steam numbers so I have to ask

Is this honestly where the vast majority of Xbox people went to play games like Halo Infinite?

I know the group I played it with played on the Gamepass app

Unless I am missing something I don't think this comparison is very accurate

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I said my piece, look at the edit, I'm out. I have a business to run. Good luck spinning this into showing how you aren't fanboying.
Then you would know the "warchest" narrative can only be used for a short-term experiment. Especially beholden to shareholders. Then plan B must go into action when you see that buying 11/10 games doesn't move the needle.

Mr Moose

This poll show the state of this forum here. Everyone should get to enjoy good titles not just one sided. You don't get to port beg and cry when one side says they bringing some titles to your perferred platform, then put your foot down when it goes the other way.

The short answer is, more support especially from more platforms equals more servers, less queue time, more people playing together.
Everyone can. They just need a PS5 or a PC in this case.

If I wanted to play Mario Kart I'd buy a Nintendo console.
I said my piece, look at the edit, I'm out. I have a business to run. Good luck spinning this into showing how you aren't fanboying.
Phil, relax, just play it on your PC.
Honestly a legit question because I keep seeing people comparing Steam numbers so I have to ask

Is this honestly where the vast majority of Xbox people went to play games like Halo Infinite?

It's not on Gamepass, it's free to play.
Campaign is on GP, but that Steam stat is the MP.

Last edited:
I honestly play the majority of my games on PC, but I play a bit my daughter on Xbox. I'm just really sick of the one sided topics, conversations, and hypocrisy. I'm playing HD2 on PC, just think most people should want more people to have the ability to play all games, guess that's too much to ask.
I'm cool with that but I don't want it done at the expense of me waiting longer for games coming out. HD2 can go to Xbox I really wouldn't care but that sure as hell better not be their focus right now. They have bigger things to worry about.

I think Halo Infinite was 100% much bigger on steam than the Xbox store. It was free so no real reason to play the MP on the game pass store. Now if were talking consoles vs PC well it's doing well on both Playstation and PC.

Topher

Gold Member
I mean, that's the PR narrative Phil is trying to have spun. Reminds me of the "cross-play" PR as well. EEE

Yeah.....not Phil's finest moment, if we are honest. Him asking who it "benefits" for Helldivers 2 not to be on Xbox.......who do you think it benefits, Phil? Phil may have waved the white flag, but that doesn't mean Sony has. If situations were reversed, he'd be the one punching the gas.

Really hard to take your "fanboying" accusations seriously when you are throwing out this age old narrative that Xbox is invulnerable to anything/everything in the gaming industry because Microsoft has a shit-ton of money.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Thank you for the answer

I know I didn't play it through Steam but I guess its possible I only played MP on Xbox

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah.....not Phil's finest moment, if we are honest. Him asking who it "benefits" for Helldivers 2 not to be on Xbox.......who do you think it benefits, Phil? Phil may have waved the white flag, but that doesn't mean Sony has. If situations were reversed, he'd be the one punching the gas.
That was his "marching orders," and look at what's going on. The guy is predictable and heavily a pattern.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Looking back I played it on the Xbox PC app, shows my hours there anyhow, I knew I didn't play it via Steam

Mr Moose

Thank you for the answer

I know I didn't play it through Steam but I guess its possible I only played MP on Xbox
It's most likely played more on Xbox than Steam the same as Call of Duty skews more towards console than Steam (only 79k players on Steam at the moment between MWII, III and Warzone). I don't think MS shares their numbers though :messenger_weary:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's most likely played more on Xbox than Steam the same as Call of Duty skews more towards console than Steam (only 79k players on Steam at the moment between MWII, III and Warzone). I don't think MS shares their numbers though :messenger_weary:
It circles back to my question then as to why people want to compare those numbers, feels disingenuous to me

Any way every one back to their regularly scheduled wars

call the midwife GIF by PBS

Katatonic

First Sony were dicks for not doing crossplay when MS had not allowed it for years but only changed their tune when their userbase was waning.

Now Sony are dicks for not releasing a game on a rival platform which just bought up half the industry including one of Sony's biggest moneymakers and even taunted them saying they have 10 years to come up with their own COD equivalent.

Next, Sony are dicks for not allowing Gamepass or games that require signing up with MS services on PS.

Next, next , Sony are dicks for not releasing all of their exclusives on rival platforms day one.

Social engineering 101.

I'm not allowed to have my own Helldivers 2 so my Sony Player forced me to use his copy. My Sony Player has a PS5 too and uses the game. today my brother used my Sony Player's game and is jealous and now my Xbox account is boring. It's true and here is proof, my Sony Player will now write too:

Hello I'm the Sony Player and what my son says is true, us Playstation users want him to enjoy the game. Please bring Helldivers 2 to Xbox.

sincerely the Sony Player

Pls bring Helldivers 2 to Xbox.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
First Sony were dicks for not doing crossplay when MS had not allowed it for years but only changed their tune when their userbase was waning.

Now Sony are dicks for not releasing a game on a rival platform which just bought up half the industry including one of Sony's biggest moneymakers and even taunted them saying they have 10 years to come up with their own COD equivalent.

Next, Sony are dicks for not allowing Gamepass or games that require signing up with MS services on PS.

Next, next , Sony are dicks for not releasing all of their exclusives on rival platforms day one.

Social engineering 101.
Steve Bannon Bingo GIF

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I mean, thread created by a known cheese-eater, votes not visible and somehow there's 20%+ "PS5 gamers" who want to port a game to xbox. The whole thread is a house of cards
Oh the whole reason for the thread was to throw barbs, I shouldn't have interfered with the process trying to ask a question for myself.

But have been super sick for the last 5 days so its the meds talking :)

Hibs

More game begging from xbox players. get fukt
Why are Sony Ponies so mad against gamers wanting to game? Or even enraged at the mere idea it sold more on PC?

I thought most of these tools went to era, but the past couple weeks have been very telling.

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

Why are Sony Ponies so mad against gamers wanting to game? Or even enraged at the mere idea it sold more on PC?

I thought most of these tools went to era, but the past couple weeks have been very telling.
Where was the love when starfield came out? Now that Sony has a banger, all of a sudden they are the bad guy for not extending it to xbox when they have NEVER done so on their own

TheMan

Yesterday was the first time since launch that I was able to log in and find multiple games without much hassle. It would be cool for Xbox players to join, but maybe in 6 mo

Top Bottom