• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Wrestling Star Scott Hall to Be Taken Off Life Support

ManaByte

Gold Member

pro wrestling GIF

Last edited:
I was once watching an interview with Brett Hart and he talked about how destructive and depressing Scott Hall was to be around. Doesn't surprise me to see him end up like this, though if that were me then I would fight to the bitter end. I wouldn't care about the pain, as long as I'm conscious and able to enjoy every blue sky then don't pull the plug on me!

DKehoe

I was once watching an interview with Brett Hart and he talked about how destructive and depressing Scott Hall was to be around. Doesn't surprise me to see him end up like this, though if that were me then I would fight to the bitter end. I wouldn't care about the pain, as long as I'm conscious and able to enjoy every blue sky then don't pull the plug on me!
I'm guessing there's a good chance he's not conscious. Enjoying a blue sky may not be an option.

I'm guessing there's a good chance he's not conscious. Enjoying a blue sky may not be an option.
Assuming he's not in pain and currently in a coma, I don't see the need to pull the plug. The cost to keep him alive could be managed by the family.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Rest in peace, bad guy.

One of the coolest professional wrestlers of his time.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Definitely one of the guys slapping around other guys in their undies which my dad made fun of me for watching in the 90s…I never missed WCW back in the day.

RIP you legend. I loved to hate you and Nash before I knew better

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
By the fact a lot of wrestlers die early, are on drugs and pain killers, and probably have a shitty family life as they are on the road for a good portion of the year, I bet most wrestlers are depressing. Nature of the business. Beating each other up and travelling to different hotels every week all year seems impossible to keep up for decades.

Every time I see Bret Hart in some interview, he seems half-assed himself. Doesn't look like the funnest person to be around. Always complaining about something.

Assuming he's not in pain and currently in a coma, I don't see the need to pull the plug. The cost to keep him alive could be managed by the family.
All I can tell you is there are worse things than dying. I’ve seen it. Being in life support for an extended period of time with no hope of meaningful recovery is not living.

DeaDPo0L84

Dude was a legend, master of his craft. It was very unfortunate that he battled so many issues through his life even though that doesn't seem to be what ultimately took him out. 63 is way too young but at least he's now at peace.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Dude was a legend, master of his craft. It was very unfortunate that he battled so many issues through his life even though that doesn't seem to be what ultimately took him out. 63 is way too young but at least he's now at peace.
He was a better wrestler than many people gave him credit for. He could elevate others like Kurt Angle did in his quite technical match with Steve Austin (oh good ol’ pwtorch website).

HoodWinked

Hmm I was wondering how this even happens and seems that blood clots do mention hip surgery specifically for this possible complication.

And there are preventative measures like stopping smoking, moving around, and blood thinners. I wonder if this could have been prevented. Says he had surgery early this month. Then suffered the 3 heart attacks Saturday.

By the fact a lot of wrestlers die early, are on drugs and pain killers, and probably have a shitty family life as they are on the road for a good portion of the year, I bet most wrestlers are depressing. Nature of the business. Beating each other up and travelling to different hotels every week all year seems impossible to keep up for decades.

Every time I see Bret Hart in some interview, he seems half-assed himself. Doesn't look like the funnest person to be around. Always complaining about something.
Brett is probably on painkillers as well. Being a wrestler is the classic example of don’t simply believe through cover. There are good times on the road, but often everything else you miss out on hits the hardest.
All I can tell you is there are worse things than dying. I’ve seen it. Being in life support for an extended period of time with no hope of meaningful recovery is not living.
You’re probably right, but there’s still that small chance of recovery and despite how small it might be, it’s still worth fighting for.
Thank you for your expert opinion.
You’re welcome Dr. Jackass. Anytime I can give a consult, holla at ya boy!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Damn, knowing all the podcast folks who are friends with him makes it worse. Very sad to hear. He was on a the right path and thankfully we got to see his best days. RIP

MikeM

I was never into wwe but whenever we played the wrestling games as kids, I always took this dude for some reason. RIP to a piece of my childhood.

DKehoe

It's worth checking out his ESPN documentary if you haven't. Seems him killing that guy in self-defense when he was young messed him up a lot and was something he really struggled with.

Vestal

Gold Member
One of the greatest performers of all time.

He is in a separate Mount Rushmore with the likes of Mr. Perfect, Arn Anderson , etc guys that were never “the guy” but were peek performers that could make a wet paper bag look like a million bucks in and out of the ring.

Rest In Peace Scott!

Last edited:
Top Bottom