• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken - Official 4 Minute Gameplay Trailer

Really love the movement, so far... but damn that worlds giving me some PS3 vibes :messenger_poop:

I'm going to need to see more of this, cause it's not looking all that great right now. It looks like they're bringing back that dystopian/destroyed look of the PS3 era... not sure I want to go back there just yet.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Dev: Hey marketing guy, we're ready to show off actual gameplay footage for our game for the first time.
Marketing Guy (MG): Great, can't wait to see feedback on this!
Dev: There's a lot of cool stuff we can show. We can fight dragons, run from monsters in a forest, fly over the...
MG: You guys have like a desert?
Dev: A.. desert?
MG: Yes, just rocks and low vegetation.
Dev: I mean.. yes we have rocks and low vegetation but it's not for...
MG: Great, then get the character to run on rocks, just keep everything brown and dull.
Dev: Just running? How about s...
MG: Just running! Gamers love running from point A to Point B. Make it like half the screentime!
Dev: Ok, how about the fight? We can have this cool fight with an 8 foot ogre that has this giant club..
MG: Fuck ogres, just skim past them. You have zombies?
Dev: Zombies?! Like low-level enemies that just walk awkwardly towards the character?
MG: Yes! That's it! Get her to fight zombies! Gamers can't get enough of smashing zombies!
Dev: Okay :(
MG: This is gonna be such a hit on Youtube now that it doesn't count the unlikes!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Looks like if they polish the animations this could be a fun game to just run around the environment with.
Her 180 turns already look like alot of fun.
I can already see MUCH and Sunhilegend gifs in my head.

Im glad theres a bunch of magic in this game, i do wonder what her most basic attack is....its the rock throw thing?

But golly they really need to sort that framerate out before release.

PC version all day, just hope I can bruteforce my way though the framerate.
DLSS better be in.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
"Got one for you"
"Ok"
"Got it"
"Ready for this?"
"Hum-mmh"
"Gotcha!"
"That's what I like"

OMG SHUUUUUUUUUUUP UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP.

Boombox Shut Up GIF

I feel like we've seen this game a hundred time already, but maybe it's just me.

What was the point of hiring Todd Stashwick and Allison Rymer as writers? They are just some severely mediocre-at-best Hollywood "talent" that has no place in the games industry. Gary Whitta's writing ability is questionable at best, and it sounds like Amy Henning was put on the back-burner for some reason. There was no reason to hire western writers, especially with the dearth of talent on display.

MastaKiiLA

Kind of a mixed bag so far visually. Some magic spells look good. Some look like shit. The main character looks good, but some weird glitching with her cape. Or what looks like glitching anyway. Some of the enemy characters don't look so hot. Also, too much talking. I gave it a chance after the trailer, but there was a bit too much talking in this trailer for my taste. The biggest issue with too much talking is that it just ends up looping after a while, and I like grinding RPGs, so I'd end up hearing the same comments over and over.

The environments might be the best thing in this clip. A lot more polish to come.

Kssio_Aug

Season 11 Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

It looks terrible, honestly!

I don't know if they chose the wrong segment but that environment is horrible; it lacks vegetation, and everything seems behind a shit brown filter. I was hoping she would go to a better looking place, but no... she ended up in a foggy place even worse than before. For a fantasy game the aesthetics are pretty disappointing.

The girl talks way too much... and I'm not sure if I missed something on the demo or about the story behind it, but I couldn't really understand how does she communicates so much with that other character, is it some type of telepathy?

The magics kinda looks nice, but when those weak enemies barely takes any damage from magics that LOOKS that much powerful it totally kills the impact of it!

The traversal also seems annoying... every clip this girl is just running and dashing with that same effect over and over again. I'm under the impression that it might get old pretty damn fast.

Not even saying that performance looks shit.

It's terrible.

Edit: The person recording it was probably at fault for a big portion of this bad presentation though. The demo starts very awkward (the camera pointing to the sky and the character jumping for no reason), and the player just run past everything interesting and decides to go chase a chest surrounded by very boring enemies to get a very boring item. There are some bad stuff out of the player control (like frame-rate issues and the monologues), but the presentation could definitely be much better.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
This will be [my prediction based on prior footage] SquareEnix's token hot air, smoke and mirrors, bait and switch woke 'social justice pandering' game. All style no substance. [Based primarily on the feel of the prior trailers, the writing, it being a fantasy game juxtaposed with a journalist from NYC, and; obvious conjecture].

Last edited:

Lethal01

As long as they include the options to turn off marker and have the game hint at locations and or tell which directions to go, then that'd be cool. I think AC Odyssey did this.

Not really, the game needs to be designed around the primary way for you to discover things being by sight. Just being able to turn them off with some hints would be a very different experience than having the entire world be made so that you are constantly discovering thing and seeing them in the distance.

Black_Stride

This will be SquareEnix's token hot air, smoke and mirrors, bait and switch woke game. All style no substance.
Woke?
When did being British become a symbol of wokeness?

Saaleh

Banned
Many People here also hated returnal before its release. Many were skeptic of ratchet..etc people here were downplaying demon soul. Yet the same People praise average games and advertise them but when it comes to a new unique IP they question everything and create salty fake worrying atmosphere. The same people will flip and praise this game if it does well.

I don't like few things about it too but I'm not gonna act like it is not promising. It is a next gen game, that a lone is satisfying and promising.

Black_Stride

Many People here also hated returnal before its release. Many were skeptic of ratchet..etc people here were downplaying demon soul. Yet the same People praise average games and advertise them but when it comes to a new unique IP they question everything and create salty fake worrying atmosphere. The same people will flip and praise this game if it does well.

I don't like few things about it too but I'm not gonna act like it is not promising. It is a next gen game, that a lone is satisfying and promising.

This is NeoGAF we hate everything here.

Everything looks like shit.
Everything is generic.
Everything should be a locked 60
Everything should be a locked 30
Everything should be 4K
Fuck 4K
Everything cant even handle 120fps
Everything is Gamepass fodder.
Every female protagonist is woke pandering.
Everything is more of the same but when something new comes we dont want it.

This forum isnt about discussing our hobby of gaming, its about shitting on our hobby of gaming....why dont we pick a new hobby you ask?
Well shitting on gaming IS our new hobby.

I absolutely would never even consider playing this unless there is an option to make the main character shut the fuck up. Who the hell wants to listen to those dumbass one liners in the middle of a fight?

Haggard

Banned
This looks decidedly unimpressive graphics- (not the tech, but the ultra generic look) and gameplay-wise and I seriously don`t know how long I could tolerate the constant wannabe-cool chit-chat before it really gets on my nerves.
It´s like a bunch of grandparents tried to implement something they think "the kids" would like.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This looks like what otherwise would've been a Square-Enix launch title on a previous gen that is quickly forgotten when the real games show up later in the generation.

Spaceman292

Banned
Why do some devs feel the need for their character to constantly throw out one-liners during fight scenes?
They're not even clever one liners. I can see the appeal of a powerful wizard just yelling 'Fuck off!' when throwing out a spell, but here it's just kind of stupid.

Black_Stride

Damn that seems bad... Well, at least it can't be worse than Left Alive....

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Dont even remind me about that mess.
My GTX 1070 begged me to stop playing that game I had no choice but to oblige.

And this was the fucking boxart:
Left%20Alive.jpg

Everything about it reminds me of Dragon's Dogma's mage classes. Very similar muted color palette. Very similar emphasis on new and creative spells with physicality. The city also looks like Dragon's Dogma's a bit.
Hahaha thats funny....but as I read your post I was like this cat is on to something.

Kinda bleak world.
Cool spells.
Constant chit chat - Its a cyclopes!
A deadish looking city.
Fucking dragons!
Woodlands area where you get attack by things.

You know what, im actually alot more excited for this game simply because youve now reminded me of Dragons Dogma.

winjer

Gold Member
Seems so boring and generic. And the graphics are very low quality, almost a PS4 early game.
And what's up with the voice acting and writing. Extremely lame.

Reactions: K2D
They're not even clever one liners. I can see the appeal of a powerful wizard just yelling 'Fuck off!' when throwing out a spell, but here it's just kind of stupid.
90's build engine games usually nailed it, but nowadays it's mostly just cringe. Best one liners today are from Halo Infinite, especially the Grunts. I really laughed my ass off when they killed me and one Grunt said "I hope human afterlife sucks".

Matsuchezz

It looks alright, i hate when characters are running and they cover small distances in a lot of time which makes the games boring, this character is traversing the world in style. I will play this game it looks fun.

Reactions: K2D
Looks rough. Reminds me of UE demos rather than game.

I guess Square Enix literally cannot fund anything aside FF mainline anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom