• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FORSPOKEN | Review Thread

What Scores do you think FORSPOKEN will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 85-90%

• 90-95%

• 95-100%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I normally consider mixed as just mixed. Even if someone is half white+asian. It just makes me roll my eyes when they refer mixed people as only one of the races. It's just not true.
Agreed. To me, she's both white and black. She isn't one or the other or something that is neither.

But in America (and a good portion of the world), the moment someone is part black, they're black. Some post-colonial racism that is still ingrained to this day but I digress.

I simply wish the conversation surrounding the game wasn't about the protag's racial background. The game just looks me and the writing is awful. You could have thrown the whitest Nordic white man in her stead, and it'd still be just as bad.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I pre-ordered this at Best Buy. I got an error that they had an issue processing my payment and asked me to resubmit it. Fate trying to drop a hint?

That said, I'm going to play day one as I'm kind of in the mood for a mindless open world game. If I don't like it I won't stick with it though.

Gaiff

I pre-ordered this at Best Buy. I got an error that they had an issue processing my payment and asked me to resubmit it. Fate trying to drop a hint?

That said, I'm going to play day one as I'm kind of in the mood for a mindless open world game. If I don't like it I won't stick with it though.
There are like 10 million of them that cost less and are better.

ssringo

Was watching FightinCowboy play through the beginning areas and it doesn't seem too bad. Definitely not a game I'd chance at $70 but probably when it goes on sale.

Edit: Twitter drama about the game means fuck all to me.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Sounds like it gets going after a couple hours and you have your speeds and transversal abilities. Does sound like it suffers from open world bloat either if you want to focus on the main quests.

GymWolf

For what is worth, a dude who has a dmc dedicate channel enjoyed the combat and traversal a lot, at least my impression on the combat from the demo was not completely wrong.

Gaiff

holy fucking reach batman. what a moron.
Yep, just can't have a black character these days without shit devolving into moronic rants about races. Can't just be a human being. We have to talk about their race.

Dr.Morris79

I thoroughly enjoyed Saints Row 2022
ICayq3z.gif

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Embarrassing to see the same journalists shitting all over this games graphics COMPLETELY ignore how fucking abysmal elden ring looked. Keep that same energy. The From dick sucking is just horrendous.

Both games look awful - So why did not a single journalist bring up the shit ass graphics in elden ring?

Game will be sold at the discount bay quicker than a newly released sports (FIFA, Madden) game or any new Need for Speed.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Embarrassing to see the same journalists shitting all over this games graphics COMPLETELY ignore how fucking abysmal elden ring looked. Keep that same energy. The From dick sucking is just horrendous.

Both games look awful - So why did not a single journalist bring up the shit ass graphics in elden ring?
Because the art direction is best in class. Covers up a lot.

Gaiff

Elden Ring looks amazing. It's technically pretty incompetent but the art direction is second to none. Forspoken just looks like poo.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
ridiculous to me
Elden Ring looks amazing. It's technically pretty incompetent but the art direction is second to none. Forspoken just looks like poo.
It does not look amazing. It has good art direction but the tech is literally worse than Forspoken. For such a big AAA studio, From should be delivering on both art AND tech. From completely ignores tech and gets away with it all the time. The only studios that should get a pass on abysmal tech are devs who are developing for the Switch.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I hope new Nvidia drivers are released soon with this game on the GFE list.
RTGI will save this world.

gm-7beb9897-af9b-41f0-b93a-392e2e18c90c-nvidia-mcflly-rt-gi-on.jpg

• Empathy
Reactions: GHG

Ulysses 31

ridiculous to me

It does not look amazing. It has good art direction but the tech is literally worse than Forspoken. For such a big AAA studio, From should be delivering on both art AND tech. From completely ignores tech and gets away with it all the time. The only studios that should get a pass on abysmal tech are devs who are developing for the Switch.
Maybe part of it is that Elden Ring also released on PS4/Xbox One and Forspoken is PS5/PC only which is why people expect more from the Forspoken graphics.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

ridiculous to me

And yet it's still one of the most fun games to play..

So yeah, I guess all those things are terrible? 🤷‍♂️

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

Dunno Miku, I keep reading about Elden ring's "amazing art-direction" and I just don't get it...
- Demon's souls = Very good
- Dark souls = very good (worse than DE's though IMO)
- Dark souls 2 = not gonna comment on it.
- Bloodborne = stellar/Godlike/sublime
- Dark souls 3 = Very, very good

- Sekiro = bloody amazing

- Elden Ring = graphics so dated that even the art direction can't save, also, compared to Dark souls, everything feels more "generic high fantasy shit".
I really don't get the praise this game gets.

Tried it again on my new to me C2 oled and...I don't know what I was expecting - to look somewhat better due to HDR/higher contrast /better colors compared to my older screens ? Yet, I was still left disappointed, art - direction can only take you so far friend IMO.

Represent is right on this one, I mean, don't get me wrong, I love FROM but the constant d*ck-sucking when it comes to their games now that they're "cool" is just getting somewhat obnoxious, it's like they can do no wrong.

Anyway...😉

Last edited:

FBeeEye

Banned
I'll get it on GamePass. Hopefully, SE wasn't so dumb as to sign a permanent exclusivity agreement with Sony as this below mediocre title won't meet sales goals.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Represent is right on this one, I mean, don't get me wrong, I love FROM but the constant d*ck-sucking when it comes to their games now that they're "cool" is just getting somewhat obnoxious, it's like they can't do no wrong.

Anyway...😉
Oh I agree. Trust me. I was banned from the Elden Ring OT.

But even with my many criticisms of the game, they have top tier art design and level design. That's the main strengths. It's basically The Silmarillion + Berserk.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Gamers Nexus seems to have had a blast playing the game.

Honestly sounds pretty fun in general, even reading a 70 review.

I just like open world RPGs though lol.. gimme loot and upgrade systems

This shit looks dope lol:

FnHK1IaXgAMrbUQ

Last edited:

Gaiff

ridiculous to me

- Elden Ring = graphics so dated that even the art direction can't save, also, compared to Dark souls, everything feels more "generic high fantasy shit".
I really don't get the praise this game gets.
xiid7wbo5on81.jpg

5o0th380jgq81.jpg
nu4ohlphg7o81.jpg

Elden Ring absolutely shits on Forspoken. It looks great despite its technical shortcomings. Forspoken looks awful.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
ridiculous to me

Maybe and just maybe not everyone is obsessed with high tech graphics as you are.

Majority of people enjoy games visuals because it’s beautiful art direction.

I hate how bad the game is getting bashed primarily because its a new IP. Its great that SE and Sony tried hard to invest and push a new IP.

When you look at the most anticipated games list's this year most are remakes and sequels. The industry needs to keep trying with new IP which is why it sucks that this game turned out to be bad.

Top Bottom