• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 to be delisted on December 15th, currently on 80% sale on Steam, Xbox Sale Starts 7/16

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

On December 15, Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted from stores and Xbox Game Pass. This means the game and its additional content will no longer be available for purchase. Players who already own the game and its content will be able to download and play it as normal, including its offline, online, and multiplayer features; physical copies of the game purchased after this date will also work and will be able to use online features.

If you played Forza Horizon 4 through Xbox Game Pass and purchased DLC content for it, worry not: by having an active, full-paid (not discounted) Xbox Game Pass subscription on 6/25 you will be eligible to receive a game token if you have purchased any extra content for Forza Horizon 4 through your Xbox Message Center. Codes will start to be delivered in the following days, please bear in mind that it might take a while before you get your token.

DLC is getting delisted today

Starting today, June 25; Forza Horizon 4’s DLC will get delisted from platforms, meaning that only Forza Horizon 4 Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate versions will be available for purchase from this day until delisting happens.

FAQ's from the official website. If you played the game on game pass and bought any DLC, you will be given a token (code) to redeem a copy of the game to keep permanently. They did the same before delisting the Forza 7.

Q: Will I still be able to play FH4 even after it gets delisted?

Yes, you will still be able to enjoy playing the game including its multiplayer and online functions.

Q: When will the final Festival Playlist happen?

It’s scheduled to start on July 25 and end on August 22

Q: What will happen to the game after the final Festival Playlist ends?

Every car that was previously Festival Playlist- exclusive will now be available to obtain via Backstage Pass. You will be able to complete daily and weekly challenges as well as Forzathon Live Challenges to earn points and obtain Backstage Passes.

Q: I’m an Xbox Game Pass player, what will happen to the DLC I purchased for the game?

If you own any DLC for Forza Horizon 4 and a fully paid Xbox Game Pass subscription you will receive a game token completely free.

Q: Why are you delisting the game from digital retailers?

Due to agreements with licensing and other partnerships ending.

Q: What will happen to physical copies of the game that are bought after delisting?

Those copies will still work as normal with the changes to the Festival Playlist we have detailed here: aka.ms/FH4Delisting

Q: Does this mean you are shutting down online servers and features?

No, even after the Festival Playlist ends and the game is no longer available at online retailers, you will still be able to use every offline and online feature of the game.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Due to licensing and agreements with our partners, Forza Horizon 4 will be delisted from digital platforms (Microsoft Store and Steam) on December 15, 2024. This means the game and its additional content will no longer be available for purchase through online stores.

Before the delisting date, the Festival Playlist’s flow will change as follows:

• Starting July 25, we will have the final series for the game in Series 77 which will include the last Festival Playlist that ends on August 22.
  • After Series 77 ends on August 22, you will no longer be able to access the playlist screen, except to see the festival playlist history. When booting the game, you will be taken to the Festival Site screen rather than the Festival Playlist.
  • Even though there won’t be any more Festival Playlists after Series 77 (August 22), you will still be able to see the Forza Events screen which will include a selection of daily and weekly challenges. Completing these challenges and Forzathon Live Events will earn you Forzathon Points that you can exchange for Backstage Passes.
  • We will update the Backstage Pass Cars list with all the remaining cars that have previously been Festival Playlist Exclusive after Series 77.

Sucks. Hopefully they firesale it on Steam before they pull the plug. Great game.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
All hail the all digital future
It's been removed from retail stores for some time now. This is as good as it gets with licenses like this. They do a great job of telling everyone months in advance and heavily discounting it. I got Forza 7 for like $10.

If you buy any DLC, they'll send you a code for the full game to own permanently.
When does that happen? Pretty sure I got the expansions for 4 and 5.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Q: I’m an Xbox Game Pass player, what will happen to the DLC I purchased for the game?

If you own any DLC for Forza Horizon 4 and a fully paid Xbox Game Pass subscription you will receive a game token completely free.
That's absolutely incredible customer support. Hell yeah. Didn't realize that was literally listed 5 months out so you even know that before the sale. No one else does this.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Those DLC are separate from that edition.

IMG-0685.png

They are included, you just can’t buy them independently of the bundles anymore

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I am still playing Forza Horizon 3, which was delisted in 2020. I imagine that digital codes will be available for at least a decade after, but at great personal cost.

I have the base game on disc, but it's my least played Forza Horizon to date (around 20h of playtime) so I don't think I'll bother with getting the DLC.
You are really missing out on Treasure Island. It has a fantastic map with great events. Even Lego is sort of worth it for the large oval track.

Nydius

Gold Member
Fucking music industry
Music industry?

This is due to car licensing agreements expiring, like the past Forza delistings.

OT: I’ll wait and see what the sale looks like next month. If Ultimate Edition is down to $20 on the Xbox store like it currently is on Steam, I’ll probably pick it up. Might be an unpopular opinion but I like FH4 more than FH5 (with exception to FH5’s hot wheels DLC).

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Music industry?

This is due to car licensing agreements expiring, like the past Forza delistings.
I am fairly certain that given how some games have to patch it to remove certain songs, this is also large part of the delisting.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Eh, I'm okay with that, tbh. l'll get my Forza Horizon fix from FH3 and FH5.
I get my fix from all three. Love the soundtrack and Bond cars in 4 too much to not play it. The tire traction and simulation handling option do feel off compared to the other two though. Using the best tires and automated handling does the job well enough.

Last edited:

fatmarco

It's a very Microsoft thing to have their best, most highly rated and played exclusive franchise be unsellable only 6 years after each of its releases.

Licenses or not, it's genuinely crazy to have games in this day and age be that ephemeral, and for a system that's got little else as far as high profile exclusives, that any new Xbox owners will miss out on Horizon 1, 2, 3, 4 and eventually 5 is just an insane situation. That's five 9/10 games in the trash for them.

It's not to be confused with the situations with Gran Turismo or basic Forza, where each iteration is meant to be the roughly the same game but an iterative improvement. Each Horizon has its own unique identity, aesthetic and content. Each time one of these games gets delisted its a significant cut to the library and value of the Xbox brand.

Fatbody

So I’m one of those that played it on gamepass and paid for the expansions, but my current subscription is lapsed. Can I today just buy a month of GP Core and get the token? I wish they were clear on that.

KaiserBecks

So, which dlc is the cheapest? If they’ll send you a key to the full game after it’s delisted, that sounds like a pretty good deal (yes, I realise this only applies to Gamepass users).

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
any new Xbox owners will miss out on Horizon 1
This is backward compatible. It's the only one I own and it's fantastic! Who needs Horizon 5. Although I played Horizon 4 demo and it essentially felt identical to Horizon 1, just in a different location. Even the beginning races were the same.

Also, every game in the Horizon series is available on retail disc. No one is missing out on anything.

Now, Motorsport 4 is some bullshit. It's the same period as Horizon 1, and they didn't bother with backwards compatibility. It's fine. I have an Xbox 360.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So I’m one of those that played it on gamepass and paid for the expansions, but my current subscription is lapsed. Can I today just buy a month of GP Core and get the token? I wish they were clear on that.

I think you might need to buy console game pass, not core.

So, which dlc is the cheapest? If they’ll send you a key to the full game after it’s delisted, that sounds like a pretty good deal (yes, I realise this only applies to Gamepass users).

The smaller car packs have been delisted, the cheapest option right now is the Lego pack $17.99

Last edited:
Top Bottom