• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 to be delisted on December 15th, currently on 80% sale on Steam, Xbox Sale Starts 7/16

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't understand how this happens. Especially for a game that's not that old. Why didn't Ms negotiate the music rights or car rights for more than a few years? Surely they could have worked something out. This is the fastest I've heard of a game being delisted

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't understand how this happens. Especially for a game that's not that old. Why didn't Ms negotiate the music rights or car rights for more than a few years? Surely they could have worked something out. This is the fastest I've heard of a game being delisted

FM7 was released in 2017 and de-listed in 2021

This was released in 2018 and will be delisted end of 2024.

Rivdoric

The DLC delisting is very very low.
I owned the game on MS Store since Day 1. When they released the game on Steam i said i'd wait for a 75% sale to get it again on that platform plus the Hot Wheels DLC (i think this is the only one they released out of the Ultimate edition ?) that i didn't have.
Now the Hot Wheels dlc will be forever gone, they could have given us at least a week lmao.

RedC

The DLC delisting is very very low.
I owned the game on MS Store since Day 1. When they released the game on Steam i said i'd wait for a 75% sale to get it again on that platform plus the Hot Wheels DLC (i think this is the only one they released out of the Ultimate edition ?) that i didn't have.
Now the Hot Wheels dlc will be forever gone, they could have given us at least a week lmao.
You can still buy the Hot Wheels Legends Car Pack from Walmart.

Last edited:

RedC

I said Steam lol ;) .
No steam key is available for this game dear fellow.
Season 1 Starz GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

Goalus

Nothing beats Gran Turismo 6 in this regard. GT Sport is a capable contender too.

Last edited:
Nothing of value will be lost as Horizon 4 is trash. However, this raises serious questions about digital games once again and why you should not purchase them. If it's not physical, you don't own it.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
Is it ? I haven'T played it but I completed FH5 and I really liked it!
There is a demo. The game is fun, just like all the others. If you don't already have one that you are playing, this is as good as any. Some say it's better than the current one.

It isn't as good as the first one, though. :D (which is also available to buy, either on disc or digital).

Mercador

There is a demo. The game is fun, just like all the others. If you don't already have one that you are playing, this is as good as any. Some say it's better than the current one.

It isn't as good as the first one, though. :D (which is also available to buy, either on disc or digital).
That's the only one I haven't played in fact and I think it's because I didn't had an Xbox console at its release. It reminds me Test Drive Unlimited, though it's not exactly the same realism. Now I wonder if I try to play it within 6 months on GP or I get it for the Steam Deck. I have NFS: Heat on the SD but I prefer Horizon games.

RedC

So I have to pay for gamepass and buy any dlc to own the full game? What if I redeem gamepass ultimate code with my Microsoft reward points?
Too Late You Missed Out GIF by Cloie Wyatt Taylor

To get the free token that is.

If you want the best deal for the game with as much of the content for it, either buy the Ultimate Edition that's on sale on Steam for $20 or wait till the summer sale for Ultimate Edition on Xbox.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Got my code. Thanks MS. Seriously great job taking care of your customers.

In other totally unrelated news, bought the $4.50 welcome pack for the new FM. Looked good.

Shakka43

Nothing of value will be lost as Horizon 4 is trash. However, this raises serious questions about digital games once again and why you should not purchase them. If it's not physical, you don't own it.
If you purchase it you still own it, just because it is delisted doesn't mean you won't be able to redownload it whenever you want.

So Xbox sent me a message and gave me a standard edition for free.
I think that's because I bought the premium addon back in the day.
So that's pretty good customer service I guess

Top Bottom