• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 4 to be delisted on December 15th, currently on 80% sale on Steam, Xbox Sale Starts 7/16

coffinbirth

I have a physical copy, but should probably double dip for that Ultimate Edition if the price is right.
Will be sweet to have a digital copy if they ever release an Xbox handheld too.

Shit I probably had it from gamepass thanks for heads up. Fucking music industry
Does this game even have good music? Last driving game with a decent soundtrack was I think burnout paradise. Most wanted 2012 maybe, don't remember. I do know nfs payback was shit, and nfs heat was great game with horrible soundtrack. No zero , zip rock , classic rock, 80s/90s music or metal. I can't stand zoomer era pop/hip hop (all they seem to like , as that is what is "popular"). I stopped buying arcade racers after that, and since no ea disbanded Criterian from making burnout or nfs games.

Gta games have good music why can't modern racing games?

El Muerto

What does it mean by "fully paid subscription"? I buy GPU keys from reseller sites like Eneba and CDkeys so unsure if i buy the DLC today if it would give me the full game later on. I wish they would clarify because i want to play the game in the future but dont want to start over if i were to buy it on Steam instead.

Was this game even fun? I played the first hour of forza horizon 3 or 4 (can't remember which think it was a big island) and it was so guided and scripted it for so much of it. You had to go from one race right into another with no break, and no choice. I wasn't feeling it in the slightest so stopped playing.

I don't recall the car having any weight to it either. When I play the burnout games or motorstorm, hell even test drive unlimited, each car had a weight to it. This felt bleh, which is strange as Forza 7 had the weight to the cars. I guess its what this game is or its just the intro sequence and it gets better later.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Does this game even have good music?
It has the best soundtrack in the franchise in my opinion. There are five or six radio stations with different genres like rock, classical, rap/hip hop, electro, and bass instrumental. If you can't find anything you must have a very narrow taste in music.
Was this game even fun? I played the first hour of forza horizon 3 or 4 (can't remember which think it was a big island) and it was so guided and scripted it for so much of it. You had to go from one race right into another with no break, and no choice. I wasn't feeling it in the slightest so stopped playing.

I don't recall the car having any weight to it either. When I play the burnout games or motorstorm, hell even test drive unlimited, each car had a weight to it. This felt bleh, which is strange as Forza 7 had the weight to the cars. I guess its what this game is or its just the intro sequence and it gets better later.
It has a tedious handholding half hour intro, but once it opens up it is great. There are a myriad of races, challenges, promotional events, and even stories/businesses (as in you can earn passive income if you want). There is weight to cars and you even have some semi-trucks to race.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I own some DLC on Xbox, but I'm no longer subscribed to Game Pass, so I guess that's just gone forever now. Cool.

Assaulty

Heads up that the game plays and looks absolutely fantastic on the steam deck Oled. Colors pop, framerates between 60-80fps at a mix of high and medium settings. One of if not the prettiest game I've played on the deck.

Do make sure to disable full screen in desktop mode in the in game menu and to sign in first time through desktop mode on your xbox account.

Jinzo Prime

Licenses or not, it's genuinely crazy to have games in this day and age be that ephemeral, and for a system that's got little else as far as high profile exclusives, that any new Xbox owners will miss out on Horizon 1, 2, 3, 4 and eventually 5 is just an insane situation. That's five 9/10 games in the trash for them.
Yep, that sucks. Same with Driveclub.

Futaleufu

I've run into a similar situation where I want to buy a DLC character for DOA5 (Mai) but they've stopped selling her because the license agreement expired. Yet she's in DOA6 and they're still selling that but I guess it's on a game per game basis sigh.
I think that's on Koei/Tecmo. Several other games have SNK characters as DLC and they are still available to purchase. Most likely KT only wanted to pay once and negotiated a rights transfer from 5 to 6.

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
I hated the seasons changing in real time. Not being able to change them yourself. Will that be patched out since the community aspect is going away?
I also found this off-putting. Maybe it was cool when the game launched for people already deep into the series. As someone who just tried the game a month ago, it was confusing. The game told me to “wait for autumn” and I’m driving around like an idiot trying to trigger whatever mystery thing it wants me to do. Then I see online that you literally have to wait real-time to progress.

simpatico

I also found this off-putting. Maybe it was cool when the game launched for people already deep into the series. As someone who just tried the game a month ago, it was confusing. The game told me to “wait for autumn” and I’m driving around like an idiot trying to trigger whatever mystery thing it wants me to do. Then I see online that you literally have to wait real-time to progress.
I didn’t like being stuck in the snow all weekend. I don’t get a lot of game time and when I do, I don’t want to be stuck in some living season. For me this made it the worst Forza Horizon. The only one I didn’t sink 50+ hours in. If they patch this out I’ll buy it in a heart beat.

Hopefully they do since the events will be over.

Danknugz

man this sucks, i was waiting for the fh4 dlc to go on sale and either i missed it or it never did and now I can't get it anymore. weird they would delist the DLC way before the game itself.

Top Bottom