• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 in-engine footage shows weather and lighting effects

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

During its latest Forza Monthly Stream, Playground Games presented some new in-engine footage from Forza Horizon 5. This new in-engine video showcases the game’s weather and lighting effects.
In Forza Horizon 5, players will explore the vibrant and ever-evolving open-world landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars.

Additionally, Forza Horizon 5 will take advantage of photogrammetry. As such, players can expect highly detailed textures for most surfaces.
Moreover, the game will not officially support mods.
Source

Last edited:

Dr Bass

It looks great. Were there any videos showing what it looks like during game play?

It bugs me that I am not really into these kinds of racing games. My idea of fun racing is Mario Kart. I have a friend who loves this series and I've played it at his place a couple of times, but it just never grabbed me, but it looks like the landscapes will be great to explore.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
unknown.png

During its latest Forza Monthly Stream, Playground Games presented some new in-engine footage from Forza Horizon 5. This new in-engine video showcases the game’s weather and lighting effects.
In Forza Horizon 5, players will explore the vibrant and ever-evolving open-world landscapes of Mexico with limitless, fun driving action in hundreds of the world’s greatest cars.

Additionally, Forza Horizon 5 will take advantage of photogrammetry. As such, players can expect highly detailed textures for most surfaces.
Moreover, the game will not officially support mods.
Source

You know that i will bombard the PC screenshot thread with this game :).

It looks great. Were there any videos showing what it looks like during game play?

It bugs me that I am not really into these kinds of racing games. My idea of fun racing is Mario Kart. I have a friend who loves this series and I've played it at his place a couple of times, but it just never grabbed me, but it looks like the landscapes will be great to explore.

This was a small time lapse from the last game which barely scratches the surface of how varied the sky can be. The tech in 4 will have improved greatly.

Here is gameplay make sure to turn it on 4k to see how amazing it looks.

Dr Bass

Here is gameplay make sure to turn it on 4k to see how amazing it looks.

I meant in conjunction with the weather stuff they were just showing above. Plus I think that video is PC and I don't do PC gaming because I'm lazy dammit! I want to see it on XSX. But it does look great.

l2ounD

Damn the storm and dust storms look awesome. I wonder how the cockpit view looks and how much it improved

Last edited:

Neo_game

The weather just add so much atmosphere and very important factor as far as visuals are concerned. But honestly this video is just a cutscene. We need gameplay to compare to the current games to see the improvements

I am so sick of gaming companies showing "in engine" footage, it never looks as good in game. When they revealed the game first we got an "in engine" video then we got replay footage and then finally gameplay which on it's own looked good but didn't live up to either video before it. Once we saw actual game play the pop in and the other things that always happen in racing games showed up and brought the title back down to earth for me. It's still a fine looking game but it's also a 30fps racing game which is something you don't see often to begin with and it does have graphical issues like pop in etc.

Kagey K

Banned
I am so sick of gaming companies showing "in engine" footage, it never looks as good in game. When they revealed the game first we got an "in engine" video then we got replay footage and then finally gameplay which on it's own looked good but didn't live up to either video before it. Once we saw actual game play the pop in and the other things that always happen in racing games showed up and brought the title back down to earth for me. It's still a fine looking game but it's also a 30fps racing game which is something you don't see often to begin with and it does have graphical issues like pop in etc.
Every other Horizon has ended up looking better than the footage they showed.

I have no reason to doubt them here until the final game is in my hands.

Rickyiez

Are you looking at it on a phone or something? it's clearly a game, the buildings all look fake as hell lol of course if you are being sarcastic than I apologize :)
I'm watching it on my 1440p monitor at 4k . I'm not saying the entire video but just this particular transition into this screen that it looks photorealistic for a moment . Try 3:00 minute mark
NldAwWy.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom