• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Next Expansion To Be Revealed This Thursday

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
At last

image.png

It has been confirmed by the official Twitter account that we will finally have some details on what's coming next for Forza Horizon 5.
The reveal will take place during the Horizon Wilds Developer Stream.

DaGwaphics

^ Seems like it should with how close they are already.

I might pick up the premium upgrade if it ever gets a good sale, so far they are holding the price on this one.

Dibils2k

hopefully another storm island style DLC!

i dont like the Hot Wheels DLC as i dont like having to race on the hot wheels tracks

MCplayer

What images? Not doubting you but I haven’t seen anything.

A Storm Island-style expansion would make me rock hard, best part of the Mexico map is the jungle area.
Images above for the announcment, both in dirt roads and the first image rally cars, so im guessing rally map and rally cars, plus they call it horizon wilds, its in plain sight imo

Last edited:

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
I didn’t think much of the last one personally. Having something new and exciting to get me back into Forza Horizon would be good though.

Images above for the announcment, both in dirt roads and the first image rally cars, so im guessing rally map and rally cars, plus they call it horizon wilds, its in plain sight imo
A full rally setup would be sensational. I've been playing Dirt Rally 2 on the deck non stop.

Are we hoping for a 'shadow drop' of this today?

Actually kind of hope not, as I'm tied up pretty much 100% through March 6, so March 7 release date please. So excited. 100% the last few expansions, and they've been working on this one for a while it seems. Love that nothing has leaked.

TheMan

I was so into this game on release, but once I collected all the cars I wanted and the car pass ran out, my interest just fell through the floor. Maybe I’ll check this out though

I am still enjoying Forza Horizon 3. Tried 5, but from the character creation defectiveness to the obligatory events in the beginning and the offroad being filled with large rocks while roads are sidewinding all over the place made me weary of wasting 100+ GB on this title just to roleplay Ron Weasley. This rally expansion does nothing for me personally. I think the next racing game I play will be Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown.

DaGwaphics

It will be interesting to see what the new career mode entails, that's one of the weaker elements of the base game.

I need a break from FPS/BR games. This is my next one to jump into. Looks awesome, song in the trailer could have been a bit more bass driven but hey I'm splitting hairs there.

Kvally

Banned
Playground Games sure knows how to deliver. But damn, these expansions have been running late compared to previous expansions. This came out in 2021 and we are just NOW getting the second expansion. Same with Saints Row 2022 taking so long to get us content and roadmap (until this week). I might have to stop buying these bundles on release day. They SIT on my extra cash for a year or two, and I get nothing until then.

Senua

Gold Member
Playground Games sure knows how to deliver. But damn, these expansions have been running late compared to previous expansions. This came out in 2021 and we are just NOW getting the second expansion. Same with Saints Row 2022 taking so long to get us content and roadmap (until this week). I might have to stop buying these bundles on release day. They SIT on my extra cash for a year or two, and I get nothing until then.
Oh yea ultimate bro pass bundle things are purely for mugs. why pay for something you have no idea how good or even what the fuck it will be?

93xfan

Banned
Oh yea ultimate bro pass bundle things are purely for mugs. why pay for something you have no idea how good or even what the fuck it will be?
You could at the same about a lot of things. New Zelda, for example has so many unknowns a month before release and preorders are still high for that.

People trust PG’s track record, or wanted the cars and free wheel spins every week, the bonus credits, to play the game early, etc. I’m already glad I bought it, even if this particular expansion doesn’t pan out like I want it to

Nydius

Meh, I'm going to wait and see what people think after a few days of playing. Rally is nice but Forza Horizon already has a shitload of offroad races, so this doesn't feel terribly impressive as an addition. Just more off road races only with an AI rally navigator this time. Definitely doesn't feel as impressive as the Hot Wheels revamp.

Top Bottom