• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld reaches players exceeds 25 million players

cattiva-palworld.gif

Duplicate thread but this one includes a snarky xbox comment in the title
I expect this thread to be the one that gets the most traction.

Edit- Hey I was wrong they used this thread instead, back to engaging on my PC Gamepass.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

I wonder why Phil didn't come out and say "who does it benefit having it just on Xbox and PC?"
Maybe because he knows that the only reason Palworld is only on Xbox and not on PS is because it is early access and Sony's policy only allows games in their final state? Because he knows that the game is going to be released on PS?

There are many cases of this type that have occurred. The only difference is that in none of the other cases did the game end up being an unprecedented success.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Maybe because he knows that the only reason Palworld is only on Xbox and not on PS is because it is early access and Sony's policy only allows games in their final state? Because he knows that the game is going to be released on PS?

There are many cases of this type that have occurred. The only difference is that in none of the other cases did the game end up being an unprecedented success.
John Candy Reaction GIF

Keep carrying the water for that politician.

Sony allows it. Here is one example.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

John Candy Reaction GIF

Keep carrying the water for that politician.

Sony allows it. Here is one example.

LOL. Just go to what the Studio itself has said and how they have already hinted several times at the release of the game on PS when the product is finished. Even Yoshida himself.

Now try to make believe and insinuate that it is MS or P. Spencer's decision that the PS version does not exist or will exist.... while you are a defender in all the threads that MS and P. Spencer have decided to launch all their games on all platforms ....

No contradiction on your part ehh??

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
LOL. Just go to what the Studio itself has said and how they have already hinted several times at the release of the game on PS. Even Yoshida himself.

Now try to make believe and insinuate that it is MS or P. Spencer's decision that the PS version does not exist or will exist while you are a defender in all the threads that MS and P. Spencer have decided to launch all their games on all platforms ....

No contradiction on your part ehh??
There is no make believe. Phil Spencer is social engineering (with his comment about Helldivers 2 which then spawned the shill articles), much like he did with cross-platform play.

Orbital2060

By comparison, Elden Ring has shipped 23 million in two years. The recent press release does not say how many of those are from purchases on Steam.

edit shipped

Last edited:

Darsxx82

There is no make believe. Phil Spencer is social engineering (with his comment about Helldivers 2 which then spawned the shill articles), much like he did with cross-platform play.
Well that doesn't make it fair accuse P. Spencer even of what is not his fault... Using Paldworld as an example to answer or point out hypocrisy on his part with Helldivers 2 is nonsense.

In fact, the double narrative is funny...... On the one hand, defending that XBOX is going to do everything multiplatform and then accusing it of lying and blocking games on other platforms...🤔

PS. By the way, there is an excerpt in that statement that curiously is never added... P. Spencer adds that "I don't think Sony will release (Heldivers2 on XBOX), but their decision is understandable, console exclusives are important and we do/we did It too"

Yes, Spencer Is a PR master, but with all his big mistakes, his lies and, if you want, hypocrisy.... Of course it is no less true that his words are usually taken wildly out of context or partially interpreted as appropriate by all parties (green and blue) and all narratives.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Thats pretty impressive, kudos to them.

Now what about pokemon fanboys? Still trying to find a way to get this game nuked or something?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
OK, it is clear that your only intention is to blame him even for what is not his fault just because of who he is..... No need to say anything else.
Yes. I do blame him. It starts at the top with his willful social engineering for Helldivers 2 and his shill article writers that always follow. Humans recognize logical patterns.

My comment equating it to Palworld was nothing more than a cheeky joke on that, where you seem hellbent to carry that gaming politician's water. Fuck that guy and his decade long failure as a gaming exec. He is a damned good MS exec, however. Culturally homegrown.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

This means 15M sold on Steam but 10M sold/played on Game Pass. I'm guessing something like 6M sold and maybe another 4M on Game Pass?

I would say more ~ 2 million sold and ~8 gamepass.

It is an early access game and in a very green state on console.... I don't think purchasing is the most likely option.
Not to mention that there are many people playing via Xcloud and this is only possible via Gamepass as well.

skyfall

xbox tax means it wont get the recognition it deserves, while helldivers we be seen as the second coming

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Yes. I do blame him. It starts at the top with his willful social engineering for Helldivers 2 and his shill article writers that always follow. Humans recognize logical patterns.

My comment equating it to Palworld was nothing more than a cheeky joke on that, where you seem hellbent to carry that gaming politician's water. Fuck that guy and his decade long failure as a gaming exec. He is a damned good MS exec, however. Culturally homegrown.
I don't know, maybe it's just that I need a lot more reasons to hate a person, generates contempt and hatred in me and I could wish him the worst just because of how he does his job...

I said the same thing when people criticized Jin Ryan and also even Don Matrick (although the latter made it more difficult)

Maybe differents opinions and sensitivities ...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't know, maybe it's just that I need a lot more reasons to hate a person, generates contempt and hatred in me and I could wish him the worst just because of how he does his job...

I said the same thing when people criticized Jin Ryan and also even Don Matrick (although the latter made it more difficult)

Maybe differents opinions and sensitivities ...
I don't hate him. There are very few people if at all that I do.

His track record and political PR speaks for itself, however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom