• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Next Expansion To Be Revealed This Thursday

Kvally

Banned
Meh, I'm going to wait and see what people think after a few days of playing. Rally is nice but Forza Horizon already has a shitload of offroad races, so this doesn't feel terribly impressive as an addition. Just more off road races only with an AI rally navigator this time. Definitely doesn't feel as impressive as the Hot Wheels revamp.
I hate the Hot Wheels expansions. This is more my style, but I am not a fan of the offroad races. I would rather have had more road races. Though rally isn't all offroad, but is frequently associated with it. This is the last time I buy an expansion before knowing what I am getting.

Nydius

I hate the Hot Wheels expansions.
😥

I wouldn't want a whole game to be the Hot Wheels expansion but in FH3 and FH5 I found them to to be a nice change of pace from the various modes of the base game. In 5, having a 120 FPS capable display made playing the Hot Wheels tracks the closest thing to being on a roller coaster, especially around the Dragon's Fall loops.

Kvally

Banned
😥

I wouldn't want a whole game to be the Hot Wheels expansion but in FH3 and FH5 I found them to to be a nice change of pace from the various modes of the base game. In 5, having a 120 FPS capable display made playing the Hot Wheels tracks the closest thing to being on a roller coaster, especially around the Dragon's Fall loops.
Maybe I hate them because I suck at them. I played the FH5 hot wheels again about 2 weeks ago. It just came off as a bit frustrating. So then I stopped and decided to just drive around trying to get the achievement for driving on every road 🤣

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Im really liking the new expansion more than i thought. Also the map plays and looks incredible, PG delivers again.
Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-37-21.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-29-03-2023-23-40-17.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-53-39.jpg

Im really liking the new expansion more than i thought. Also the map plays and looks incredible, PG delivers again.

SweetJesus.gif. That first image...I am FarCry.

Somehow I want this engine to be made into a GTA/Matrix competitor with open world, TPS, cars, flying shit etc.

Fredrik

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-37-21.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-29-03-2023-23-40-17.jpg

Forza-Horizon-5-30-03-2023-0-53-39.jpg
It’s already out??
Where is the marketing?
This looks awesome, they should be shouting from the hills that this has been released.
Oh well, jumping in tonight!

I can't play this even though I bought it. Same fucking thing happened with Hotwhewls. This dev and Microsoft can suck it. It's understandable to happen once but not again. Get your shit together Microsoft! If it's not being unable to have a game recognize I paid for am expansion it is some other bullshit related to their shitty store.

So sick of the sorry state of game launches!

RPS37

I can't play this even though I bought it. Same fucking thing happened with Hotwhewls. This dev and Microsoft can suck it. It's understandable to happen once but not again. Get your shit together Microsoft! If it's not being unable to have a game recognize I paid for am expansion it is some other bullshit related to their shitty store.

I’m super excited to check this out but the way access it is just completely bonkers.
Hope I figure out how to get it working tonight.

Edit: I’m in. It’s giving Crazy Taxi vibes.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Do you have them installed. Put in quite a few hours last Sunday. It still isn't my favorite Horizon. The cringe levels are of the charts. Finishing up the stories and main events so I can join the hall of fame then its rally time.

Fredrik

MS has heard of Marketing but still thinks it's a legend.
They’re probably focused on some special edition console for Wo Long or whatever.

Anyhow I bought it and started installing it before I went to work, will jump in tonight. I think it looks amazing, I’m getting Rallisport Challenge and Sega Rally vibes from the trailers. 👌

Fredrik

What error do you get?

Chukhopops

Tried it a little bit, first impression is the new map is really beautiful, god damn.

If you were mad about the dialogue and story before… you may want to mute it in the beginning though.

Last edited:

Lasha

My progression so far:

Intro: Gorgeous looking
Race 1: Ooo pretty technical but still pretty tame
Race 2: Much better, this is rally racing.
Race 3:

I love that Ramiro's team is "lets do suicidal night races in a hurricane while I light you up with a helicopter. I'm about two hours in and loving it.

LostDonkey

My progression so far:

Intro: Gorgeous looking
Race 1: Ooo pretty technical but still pretty tame
Race 2: Much better, this is rally racing.
Race 3:

I love that Ramiro's team is "lets do suicidal night races in a hurricane while I light you up with a helicopter. I'm about two hours in and loving it.

I went for the Tarmac Gang.

It’s better than the hot wheels expansion in my opinion but it still feels a little safe. Am I only the one that would have preferred something A bit different - like a special city/town area themed around more aspects of Mexican culture or event? Or why not go batshit and give us a taste of fable in forza. I dunno.

Fredrik

Call me crazy but I feel like this thing is real good.
It’s safer than it looked in trailers but it’s good enough that I can disable the driving line and just listen to the pacenotes.
It’s a mystery that they’re just throwing it out there without any proper marketing, I literally had to search for it on the store on release day.

Fredrik

Same. Feels cool and new.

Fixed that for ya.
Yeah seriously what’s the deal with the marketing? If I was Playground I would be pissed. They’re by far Microsoft’s most consistent developer regarding both quality and output and they’ve made a whole new map and there are new cars and new gameplay, as with Hot Wheels it could’ve been a stand-alone release. And here we are, searching the store to buy it, post-launch we’re talking in a thread about how the expansion is about to be revealed, and every achievement unlocked is showing a 0.5% unlock rate at most.
Why is Xbox so small? Because of this!

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Just finished it. I always like the smaller scope of the expansions, the main games are so damn bloated but this rally dlc sure feels lacklustre. Blizzard mountain was more enjoyable.

Chukhopops

Finished it, now I really wish there was a full Forza Rally game as the driving model was better than any dedicated Rally game I’ve tried.

Still, map was a bit small, not very different from the main game and I found the vehicle class-based progression of Hot Wheels more interesting than the teams of this expansion. Challenges also felt better in HW.

Worth it but could have been even better.

Kvally

Banned
Played all evening last night. I am absolutely loving this. I love the pace, the different driving conditions including tarmac, mud, dirt, desert sand, water and rain.

Just unlocked team 2 of 3 and went and found all the roads. Playground sure knows he to make games ❤️

As a novice to the franchise, I swear to god I have never seen a game give so much but explain so little how to progress. Game is great fun but i feel like I just turn it on, play 5-10 races a day and repeat. Things are flashing, coins are falling, im unlocking....dont even know what. I just had to watch a video that explained there is even a fast travel system which the game never mentions only unlocks if you buy a specific house that costs 2 mil.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Waiting for a patch, they did not test non-English gameplay and claim it's fully localized.
Result : no non-English co-driver voiced notes, you have to read subtitles or look a the directions all the time as there is no voice.

They know about the issue, you either have to wait for a patch or play in English.

It's nice to offer to hide the brake line when in rally, but it would be great too to hide the minimap during rally event, for now I have to enable it in the overworld and disable it in rally events.

Top Bottom