• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 5 Save Game transfer on PC : Gamepass to Steam

TrebleShot

Hi everyone,
I didnt know where else to post this, I believe some genius in here may have the answer.
But I was wondering if there is a way to transfer save progress from FH5 on the PC from GP to Steam.

Reason I would like to do this, is to then install FH5 on my steam deck and play between the two. However I have many hours in the GP version and would hate to just start again.

Any ideas? I tried a tool called GPSaveConverter but didnt have much luck.

DaGwaphics

Might as well just keep playing this one on GP, they don't really remove the first-party stuff from there unless there is a licensing issue.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think cloud save works between steam and xbox platform version. Did you try it?
Pretty sure this is the answer, OP. I haven't tried it myself, but Halo MCC, Infinite, and Gears 5 I know all work this way. I'd imagine Forza 5 is no different. When you launch the game on Steam, you'll be prompted to sign in with your Microsoft account. Once you do that, it should load your cloud save file.

Gamepass is just a subscription to play games, there's no "gamepass app" on PC, it's just XBOX.
Now some games do support transferring the save game manually, but you'd have to do some digging where the XBOX one is saved, and then compare it with the Steam save, and rename appropriately; if it doesn't work it means there's probably some extra info in the save file itself to prevent sharing between "accounts".

you can try this. Other than that, the official word is exactly the same case as with the 4th which is you cannot transfer from xbox/gamepass to steam.

Top Bottom