• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport Serie is in Decline this Generation. Can it Make a Resurgence?

I would drop motorsport in favor of Forza Horizon

go_fuck_yourself_disney.gif

I respectfully disagree my good sir

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It didn’t sell as well as the last gran turismo game, and is the only gran turismo game this gen? That mean it’s in trouble?
It sold way more than last Gran Turismo...

It did not sell like the peak of the franchise... GT3, GT4 and GT5.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I've wrote it once before but I believe that forza motorsport should be free to play like forza motorsport 6 apex is on pc.

That way loads of people will download it and will be able to purchase the cars and tracks that they want if any and I'd want there to only be the one version like iracing that keeps being continually updated in graphics, physics and services etc

Also I have an idea for game type that is basically battle Royal that is an eliminator, not sure if position after each lap or lap time but I'd have a go and this adds something like the eliminator on horizon 4.

Also it will keep players on one game
That actually can works too.
With Gamepass makes sense.

ethomaz

Banned

Forza 1 92
Forza 2 90
Forza 3 92
Forza 4 91
Forza 5 79
Forza 6 87
Forza 7 86
V333brlmaSOFqsOnTHqVfbXJFgqv1xh66hLYfYP6FeJUP5PeNnbnan6sv95YgNCSJkwj_ydp6EbHc5aRVA

FH 1 85
FH 2 86
FH 3 93
FH 4 92
3GmTXSchlIQzK-kOqFjzPiTSPLAm_hUGuffVPOFDlqFzEGQOa5upfwqyVCLrYHmCel256QgdB_nbns-QBY_gRaV20u6BAJGacniuSQLXpCGTDSGqe8ZcI9mwRT6NLgy5hzl47vTOMxmNBuhfNtMvXBIY1OB3ZhYoi13yRQWkjhT3iaCN5ockgA8BWTxwwXF5RSQlwT6IuA

GT 1 96
GT 2 93
GT 3 95
GT 4 89
GT 5 84
GT 6 81
GTS 75
down-graph.jpg
Ok.

And about the thread?

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I've wrote it once before but I believe that forza motorsport should be free to play like forza motorsport 6 apex is on pc.

That way loads of people will download it and will be able to purchase the cars and tracks that they want if any and I'd want there to only be the one version like iracing that keeps being continually updated in graphics, physics and services etc

Also I have an idea for game type that is basically battle Royal that is an eliminator, not sure if position after each lap or lap time but I'd have a go and this adds something like the eliminator on horizon 4.

Also it will keep players on one game
I always thought imagine rocket launchers and guns etc on the cars in FH4 in a shrinking map Pubg/Fortnite type. Should be a add on.

Looks too much suspicious that claim.
I can see it working for really smaller indie games but for other like for exemple Gears 5 and That Obsidian RPG the sales in UK and US were lower than half of previous games not in Gamepass (in the Obsidian case it was a impressive 7:1 lead on PS4 in UK something never saw with a non-gamepass game there).

BS. Private Division themselves said that The Outer Worlds sold ABOVE expectations.

Also you act like when a game is played on GP the publisher/Dev doesn't get revenue.

One question for you. If Game pass is bad for devs then why is everybody putting their game on the service? I mean you can't be the only one out there who "knows" it's bad for business right?

Patrick S.

Banned
Man, did I just have a blast doing a few laps in a Forza 7 trackday lobby at the Nordschleife. Server was packed, and besides two rammers, everyone was behaving nicely. And I guess I kinda had the ramming coming because I was in a BMW Isetta :D Sure as hell didn't feel as in decline.

mejin

BS. Private Division themselves said that The Outer Worlds sold ABOVE expectations.

Also you act like when a game is played on GP the publisher/Dev doesn't get revenue.

One question for you. If Game pass is bad for devs then why is everybody putting their game on the service? I mean you can't be the only one out there who "knows" it's bad for business right?

the games aren't selling that much on xbox hardware anyway, plus they are still not crazy to put on launch day.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Man, did I just have a blast doing a few laps in a Forza 7 trackday lobby at the Nordschleife. Server was packed, and besides two rammers, everyone was behaving nicely. And I guess I kinda had the ramming coming because I was in a BMW Isetta :D Sure as hell didn't feel as in decline.

Weekly challenge leaderboards seem healthy with plenty of participants. I haven't noticed any major dropoff anyway.

ethomaz

Banned

Who is putting games on Gamepass at launch? Only MS and the sales fall due that.
Who said it is a bad ideia for old games?

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I only play Horizon, though I think I like Horizon 1 by far the best.

I love FH1 the most still too.

it didn’t have all the off-roading stuff, but the progression based campaign was fun. You don’t even really have to win races now. The AI were distinct characters that talked shit about you on the radio instead of just drivatar names from a friends list. Even something little like taking pictures of the cars required more effort, like posing them in front of a scenic bridge or whatever since the picture is for Horizon marketing. The Skrillex as fuck 2012 soundtrack was amazing too.

I also think the roads in the current games are just too wide and boring as actual courses.

Last edited:
Well lets put it this way. Gran Turismo 1 came out in 1997. Forza Motorsport came out 2005. Yet today both franchises have 7 titles, and lets not forget 3,4 Horizon titles by same team.

I donno if theres a decline but they have been putting out those Forza games like call of duty so maybe over saturation.

mejin

What about PC then?

gamepass lineup on pc is slightly different and competition is also strong with steam, humble, gog, epic.

That made no logical sense so no use waisting my time responding with arguments.

the whole point is they have nothing to lose.

﹉﹉﹉﹉

that's just my opinion about OP'S question. Not only Forza, but any ip is devalued with gamepass, sales will sunk. that's how good the service is right now.

spencer says gamers shouldn't worry about business just enjoy the games. and that's exactly what is happening, xbox community is playing and waiting for games on gamepass, not buying it. since softwares sales are diving as hardwares sales the only results MS can share are vague takes like gamepass subscriptions doubled.

thelastword

Banned
Well lets put it this way. Gran Turismo 1 came out in 1997. Forza Motorsport came out 2005. Yet today both franchises have 7 titles, and lets not forget 3,4 Horizon titles by same team.

I donno if theres a decline but they have been putting out those Forza games like call of duty so maybe over saturation.
Also, none of the Forza Games have sold really well,,,,,,,,,,,The best Motorsport game was 4, for visuals and gameplay, so I prop the team on 4, but other than that, nothing,

I think too that Horizon will begin to decline very quickly on Series X/PC, in sales and review scores......4 Horizon games already and the only reason we're not entering next gen at Forza Motorsport 9 or 10 is because MS has seen the decline in the series...….It does not matter what your score is if you can't keep people buying your games or keeping them interested in playing long after launch...….When GT scored high, it had lots of players, millions upon millions, when GT hit it's lowest Meta 75, it still has lots of people buying and playing, it's because they love the gameplay, it's addictive, it's kosher...…..It does not matter what your score is on Meta if you don't get sales and a following......People are eager to play the next round of GT online or train for the next GT league championship, some people even love to spectate GT instead of playing or witnessing Destruction Derby...…..At least when the DD devs did it, you know that's what the game was about, Forza tricks you into thinking it's Sim racing online........

theclaw135

Banned
As games like Forza and GT approach the same design objective, simulating driving a car, they become increasingly difficult to distinguish.

ethomaz

Banned
that's just my opinion about OP'S question. Not only Forza, but any ip is devalued with gamepass, sales will sunk. that's how good the service is right now.

spencer says gamers shouldn't worry about business just enjoy the games. and that's exactly what is happening, xbox community is playing and waiting for games on gamepass, not buying it. since softwares sales are diving as hardwares sales the only results MS can share are vague takes like gamepass subscriptions doubled.
I faced a similar situation.

I’m part of another community in Brasil about sales and discounts called HardMob and there is a thread about a great sales on REmake 2 for Xbox One and a guy asked how it was and we told him the impression that it was a great game etc.

He liked and said it will play it in the future.
We asked him why not now with that great price, you won’t find it at that price in the future (games here are R$249... that deal was for the Xbox version at R$20).

Then he said...

I will wait the game come to Gamepass.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
gamepass lineup on pc is slightly different and competition is also strong with steam, humble, gog, epic.

the whole point is they have nothing to lose.

﹉﹉﹉﹉

Ohh I though, that your post was reaction to the Outer Worlds, my bad, sorry : )

You’d think with so much time between games that they’d have innovated a lot more yet somehow even with Turn10 putting out much more work in a shorter time they put out games just as good as GT. Is that excellence on the part of Turn10 or incompetence by PD?

ethomaz

Banned
I don't even know who did cuz i never even opened the other thread about GT. But obviously this triggered the op like a mf lmao.

Long story short, he's supposedly played a 4 hour demo to support his ridiculously long rant 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️.

Imma have to check the other thread out now to see why his feelings are so hurt lol.
Ok.

And about the sales decline of Forza Motorsport sales what do you think?

Last edited:
Made a whole new thread and still don't have recent sales numbers for Forza 5, 6 and 7, knowing full well that you are only making this to troll, you didn't even finish spelling "series" correctly because you were rushing in desperation.

What about NPD?

They give us a updated racking list of the best selling Xbox games as of end of August 2019.

Still passing off dollar sales as sales knowing full well that it's not talking about sales units. You even said this yourself way back here:
These charts are sorted by dollar sales — not number of units sold.

You gotta be breaking some rule at this point. You're deliberately spreading misinformation and trying to spread it outside the thread you failed to provide proof in

SleepDoctor

Banned
I think you have your mind made up that you cannot win an argument, so you will do anything in your power to feel like you have won one. Which sadly isn't the case. You've been proven wrong countless times already, and will continue to be proven wrong.
Made a whole new thread and still don't have recent sales numbers for Forza 5, 6 and 7, knowing full well that you are only making this to troll, you didn't even finish spelling "series" correctly because you were rushing in desperation.

Still passing off dollar sales as sales knowing full well that it's not talking about sales units. You even said this yourself way back here:

You gotta be breaking some rule at this point. You're deliberately spreading misinformation and trying to spread it outside the thread you failed to provide proof in

You guys have to understand and I say this without trying to be condescending. Some people are legitimately dumb and cant actually have a discussion.

They just go off emotional reaction and barely can even put together a coherent response or sentence.

This thread was a bait thread. Just let this die out and save him from any more embarrassment.

You guys have to understand and I say this without trying to be condescending. Some people are legitimately dumb and cant actually have a discussion.

They just go off emotional reaction and barely can even put together a coherent response or sentence.

This thread was a bait thread. Just let this die out and save him from any more embarrassment.
The sad part is, you are 10000% correct. I'll just leave this for ethomaz ethomaz

p3rC1vm.png

GCSC5AJ.jpg

LpxaWtg.jpg

DKTCskw.jpg

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Actually it is a thread based in accurate facts no matter what bias you have... and people are discussing that fact like well you discuss anything... the troll attempt of you and two others didn’t change that ;)

What do you think about the decline in sales of the Forza Motorsport games this gen?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
but only one game this gen? what's the reason when they had multiple games in the past?
So you made a claim and it was false now you change to blablas.... ok.

Yeap it had one game this gen instead of 2 in the previous gens.
But let remember you don’t have DLC or updates in two of these gens (PS1, PS2).
And the last one was a fail attempt (GT6).

Now about the topic?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Forza is one of those games that has consistently delivered quality over two gens, despite what's been going on in the background.

I hope they can keep up the high sales etc
That is wha the thread is opening to discussion because even with the high meta score they Motorsport series is losing sales each new release.

What can they do to hold or increase that “high” sales?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
As games like Forza and GT approach the same design objective, simulating driving a car, they become increasingly difficult to distinguish.
It half agree with that.
Indeed for most it will look like the same but there a lot of distinctions between the two franchises.

That is even more evident between GTS and Forza Motorsport this gen because their focus are completely different.

That is wha the thread is opening to discussion because even with the high meta score they Motorsport series is losing sales each new release.

What can they do to hold or increase that “high” sales?
Nothing. They need to weather the storm of this generation and understand its out of their hands.

They'll have more success next gen when microsoft has a better chance of securing more market share

LMJ

I truely think it boils down to over saturation, there are almost more Forza games (MS and Horizon) than Xbones year on the market lol

No one can deny the devs make great games, and they are quality, but it still ANOTHER Forza game, eventually with the exception of the enthusiasts gamers will just not care...

Maybe take a few years and REALLY blow us away with the next iteration, get fans salivating and hungry for the next release...

Same can be said in a lesser extent for the Gears series lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom