• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FPS: First Person Shooter Documentary [the wait is almost over]

On July 6th the presale starts and in August it will be released to backers and other media with over 4 hours of footage.
"The ultimate celebration of the FPS genre, packed with exclusive interviews from the greatest cast of industry experts ever assembled, including John Romero, John Carmack, Warren Spector, Cliff Bleszinski, Scott Miller, and more."

Last edited:
I wonder if this will actually cover FPS history and creators. Including on non-microsoft computer platforms, all the important early 90's polygon ones, and the Bethesda Terminator games. I'm skeptical based on the list of names so far.

supernova8

Banned
Not watching it unless it includes Randy Pitchfork

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

Mr Blobby

this might be interesting! It would be awesome to hear about the lesser known FPS like Ken's Labyrinth and TekWar. Having an interview with Ken Silverman would be awesome

Not watching it unless it includes Randy Pitchfork

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

"More than 35 of the industry’s most influential FPS creators have signed on to be a part of the documentary, such as Cliff Bleszinski (designer of Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War); John Romero (cofounder of id Software and Ion Storm); Ed Fries (cofounder of Xbox and former head of Microsoft Game Studios); Jaime Griesemer (co-creator of Halo and Destiny); Robin Walker (co-creator of Team Fortress, Half-Life 2); Dave Oshry (director of Rise of the Triad); Dave Lebling (Maze War); Randy Pitchford (cofounder of Borderlands creator Gearbox Software); and Scott Miller (cofounder of Apogee Software/3D Realms)."

Hudo

Can't wait for this.

Edit: It's a shame that one of the few gaming related news whithout console warring bullshit gets nearly no attention.
The trick is to have "Phil Spencer" or "Jim Ryan" prepended to your headline. Then everyone reads it.

I watched the whole thing twice. It's an amazing documentary for FPS fans. No interview or game discussion overstays its welcome, just enough minutes are given to each game to get the point across and I actually learned some stuff I never knew about. Its a really easy movie to watch because the pacing is so good and in chronological order. I think now its officially on sale for whoever is interested but IMO, this is a must watch for any fans, theres so many games covered its insane.

Top Bottom