• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday's Box Office Estimates: The Village Takes no.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

1) THE VILLAGE $20,600,000
2) THE BOURNE SUPREMACY - $7,400,000
3) THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE - $6,050,000
4) I, ROBOT - $2,950,000
5) SPIDER-MAN 2 - $2,400,000
6) HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE - $2,020,000
7) CATWOMAN - $1,950,000
8) A CINDERELLA STORY - $1,600,000
9) ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND OF RON BURGUNDY - $1,000,000
10) THUNDERBIRDS - $950,000

No surprises about the Village, Bourne looking to have another strong weekend. Sad to see Harold and Kumar not opening bigger.

Oh... & Thunderbirds

BOMB BOMB!

Trevelyon

THUNDERBIRDS:

Production Budget: $70 million
Est. Marketing Costs: N/A

Worldwide Gross: $4,373,270 (UK/US)

So... what's the deal here? is Disney secretly distributing this or something?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
3) THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE - $6,050,000

If this movie had opened on its on weekend I think it would be doing much better... it was suicide to open the same weekend as Village, regardless of what I think of the movie, M. Night's followers are legion!

A friend of mine saw the Village and said the audience reaction to the film was really negative. I wonder how long it can keep up sales if that will become the norm.

The sad thing about Thunderbirds is that it did better than it probably would have if they stuck with the oldschool puppets.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Semjaza Azazel said:
The sad thing about Thunderbirds is that it did better than it probably would have if they stuck with the oldschool puppets.

I'm positive it would have done better, had it starred the puppets.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
OMG best avatar ever~!!

megadance.gif
megadance.gif
megadance.gif

Alucard said:
Glad to see that Catwoman will actually be a total bomb at this rate. That's GREAT news!

Yeah, I made a prediction that they're going to lose 5 mil or more on this VS their production costs. :) I'm interested to see how close I am.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Besides Spider-man 2,the best movie out isnt on that list and I saw it :D

I <3 Garden State,cant wait for it to expand to more theaters.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, they spent 70 Mil plus marketing costs and it made less than 1 million, OUCH. I like "Thunderbombs are Go". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom