• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday Box Office Estimates: Collateral Burns the Village Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

1) Collateral - $8,100,000
2) The Village - $5,628,000
3) The Bourne Supremacy - $4,194,000
4) The Manchurian Candidate - $3,092,000
5) Little Black Book - $2,670,000
6) I, Robot - $1,896,000
7) Spider-Man 2 - $1,563,000
8) Harold & Kumar go to White Castle - $1,037,000
9) A Cinderella Story - $933,000
10) Catwoman - $849,000

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Garden State - $162,000

Excellent. Should do a good half million this weekend.

The Bourne Supremacy will be pass or be real close to Bourne Identity's domestic total (without inflation) after this weekend. So when's Ultimatum going to be greenlit? People are loving this series.

Trevelyon

Don't worry Alpha, next week is gonna be huge.

characters.jpg

AVP FEARS YU-GI-OH

Alucard

Banned
I have seen almost NO advertising for Collateral outside of the previews in the theatres. There are so many movies out that I still need/want to see.

Memles

Collateral will definitely be more of a buzz flick, but that $8 Million HAS to be disappointing. Tom Cruise has been doing a blitzkreig of media appearances, whoring himself out to everyone from Regis and Kelly to Extra, from Access Hollywood to Diane Sawyer. To barely make $20 Million for the weekend could only be a huge disappointment for Dreamworks...Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks films, both of which don't make $100 Million, unless Collateral really holds onto the box office.

Meier

Barely make 20 million? It should do about 25 or so.. but it really deserves well over 30. Both The Last Samurai and Vanilla Sky though recently opened to ~25m and finished up over 100 million and this shoulnd't be any different.

Memles

Meier said:
Barely make 20 million? It should do about 25 or so.. but it really deserves well over 30. Both The Last Samurai and Vanilla Sky though recently opened to ~25m and finished up over 100 million and this shoulnd't be any different.

I guess I just view this as a very Friday heavy movie...While a movie like Bourne Supremacy went up from Friday to Saturday, because of a large matinee audience, a movie like the Village fell on Saturday, because it doesn't have that "Sit back and eat your popcorn" quality. I'm expecting it to end up around $22 Million, personally, and will likely top off at about $90 Million...however, if AVP really is delayed past next week, it will likely gross higher.

Meier

The reason The Village declined on Saturday is because the movie disappointed everyone and it has had awful WOM. A movie falling on Saturday is more or less unheard of.

Mrbob

The Village is going to have one of the biggest weekend to weekend drop offs of the year.

Awesome.

Not even going to come close to Signs in box office numbers. I still want my $8.50 back from watching that POS.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Bog said:
I hope Open Water bombs like nuuuubody's business.

Why? It's an independent film that was lucky that Lion's Gate got ahold of it. Why root for big flicks and throw stones at small ones? Really.

Memles said:
Collateral will definitely be more of a buzz flick, but that $8 Million HAS to be disappointing. Tom Cruise has been doing a blitzkreig of media appearances, whoring himself out to everyone from Regis and Kelly to Extra, from Access Hollywood to Diane Sawyer. To barely make $20 Million for the weekend could only be a huge disappointment for Dreamworks...Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks films, both of which don't make $100 Million, unless Collateral really holds onto the box office.

I turned on the TV this morning and Tom Cruise was even on BET promoting the flick.

Memles

Meier said:
The reason The Village declined on Saturday is because the movie disappointed everyone and it has had awful WOM. A movie falling on Saturday is more or less unheard of.

So did Harry Potter: POA and it has one of the highest Metacritic ratings this year of an 80. I think Collateral will face less of a drop, you're right, but I still don't see it going up high enough and staying high enough on Sunday to reach $25 Million.

Guzim

THUNDERBIRDS

Worldwide: $10,064,849

Production Budget: $57 million
Est. Marketing Costs: $20 million

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom