• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fzero 99 [OT| Bestzero

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
1urfoH0L0z31K.gif

DUDES
This game is insanely fun.

Other than my first Grand Prix getting disconnected, I’ve been having a blast. I played this growing up and it’s nice to see that I’ve still got it. Haven’t placed 1st yet, but a couple 2nds and generally in the top 10 or so. Hopefully they don’t take this down after a few months. Game is perfect pick up and play style game, gonna grind this weekend, only was able to play like 10 races after the tutorial

John Bilbo

dumb question, but what do the tickets do? I have five of them now. Are they needed to join events?
You can join grand prix events with them. I think there are mini grand prix and the regular one. Mini only costs one ticket and recular three tickets if I remember correctly.

Edit: There is a notification in the menu to info you about the timetable of the next grand prix.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I’ll never get very good at this as there’s too much going on to focus on driving. Also the strategy aspect of bumping into others to KO them is much harder than it looks. It’s fun though, and may serve as the basis for an actual future F-Zero game.

I came in third once on my very first night of playing, so I’m happy with that. I’m pretty mediocre at it but there’s tons of people that are really really bad, lol.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I’ll never get very good at this as there’s too much going on to focus on driving. Also the strategy aspect of bumping into others to KO them is much harder than it looks. It’s fun though, and may serve as the basis for an actual future F-Zero game.

I came in third once on my very first night of playing, so I’m happy with that. I’m pretty mediocre at it but there’s tons of people that are really really bad, lol.
Here are tips and remember do not play during weird hours the jarpanese will crush you

John Bilbo

Have you tried playing with the Wild Goose machine? It is less bothered by bumping into other players so it is easier to focus on the driving.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I would love to see games like Forza horizon etc steal this mode. Genius stuff.

Winning a Grand Prix, race 4 of 5, disconnected.

Only game that does it. Switch has no other issues like this with other games. It’s really disheartening. I want to like this game but damn, this connection issue is making it very hard.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Game is crazy good.

Few times I’ve been top 20 and shot my load a second too early with my final boost, exploding meters before the finish line.

And the only thing I take from it is that I need to get good and learn the mechanics like the back of my hand.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Winning a Grand Prix, race 4 of 5, disconnected.

Only game that does it. Switch has no other issues like this with other games. It’s really disheartening. I want to like this game but damn, this connection issue is making it very hard.
Yeah, I had no disconnections on day 1 sitting close to my modem (and still only getting 2 out of 4 notches on the WiFi indicator, oddly enough). But yesterday I got disconnected half a dozen times, and every single time I was in the top 10. Infuriating.

Yeah, I had no disconnections on day 1 sitting close to my modem (and still only getting 2 out of 4 notches on the WiFi indicator, oddly enough). But yesterday I got disconnected half a dozen times, and every single time I was in the top 10. Infuriating.
I got into another GP and it disconnected after the 3rd race. I just shut it off after that.
Might do some races tomorrow. It burns me that I would have won a GP (maybe 2) but I got disconnected.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Even tho I did the tutorials, I don't think I really understand the controls all that well. I also would've preffered the HUD to be cleaner and down on the sides where my vehicle is.

I'm also really bad at it.

Top Bottom