• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
zbLkFZa.jpg

Spotify | iTunes | CD / Vinyl

1. Conflicted
2. Just
3. That Cold and Lonely
4. Mourn At Night
5. $
6. Destined
7. Ours
8. Illicit Fields
9 . Finer Things / Tamahagene
10. I Wish (Death Poem)

damn, and here I am stuck at work

Yo I feel like I was tricked into signing up with Google Play Music.

How can you be the best music service out with literally no exclusives, slow as hell to update, missing music(Spotify does this as well, but SMH.), and no dark mode?

congratulations_you_played_yourself.jpg

IrishNinja

Ka dropped?! this weekend man, phew

if this one's on point i'm copping it along with his last 2 on wax, been meaning to support forever now

IrishNinja

saving Ka for the weekend, give it a proper headphones listen...gotta know Esh's take on it too
wish i could experience it right but i might have a drug test coming up too

Trying not to listen to any Travis tracks from the album but it's hard.

is it though

Couldn't he have just done money trees and called it?

ive literally thought this after clicking like every jay rock link ya'll put up for a while now

Vorheez

Everyone forgets that Rock already released his best work 5 years ago. Do people really not know that Follow Me Home exists? It shits all over 900673658 and will still be better than whatever he releases next. It's the best project released by a TDE member outside of Kendrick.

If you haven't heard it, please do yourself a favor and get on that.

I've said it before, the Easy Bake remix is the best thing Rock has done in a minute and that's only because of Kendrick and SZA. He's slowly approaching Ab-Soul levels of wackness.

Everyone forgets that Rock already released his best work 5 years ago. Do people really not know that Follow Me Home exists? It shits all over 900673658 and will still be better than whatever he releases next. It's the best project released by a TDE member outside of Kendrick.

Nope, you're the only one who knows about it.

HiResDes

It's really not that good, a solid 7 run of the mill type album. Cilvia Demo, HnC, every Kendrick album, S, and Blankface all are better... Even Control System better

Hitta93

Banned

Heavy boosting.

I've said it before, the Easy Bake remix is the best thing Rock has done in a minute and that's only because of Kendrick and SZA. He's slowly approaching Ab-Soul levels of wackness.
I wouldn't go that far, but cut down on all the "poppy" sounding tracks. His last album was filled with them.
I still haven't listened to Ab-Soul's Control System in full. My interest in the album fizzles as the album goes on.
Same. The standout tracks are top notch, Terrorist Threats still gets heavy play.
It's really not that good, a solid 7 run of the mill type album. Cilvia Demo, HnC, every Kendrick album, S, and Blankface all are better... Even Control System better
Haven't heard S, but I can agree on everything else.

90059 was decent, could have been great if Easy Bake, The Ways and Vice City had been replaced with actual great songs. On none of these three songs is the production bad by any means but it's Jay Rock's weird voice and flow that ruins it. The other songs are fine.

Rock's mixtape From hood tales to the cover of XXL on the other hand is dope as hell.

Black Friday is still the best Jay Rock release.

First time I heard anyone have anything bad to say about Vice City as well.

I'm sorry man. I just don't really dig the way all dudes on that track flow. Not a bad song but definitely also not among the great ones for me on that cd.

Definitely looking forward to the new project though, did not expect that. I'm surprised about the negativity here about him though. Many mixtapes were great, Follow me home was dope and his latest album had good stuff as well.

The founder of TDE apparently said there will be new projects from all members this year. Would be great if we get Rock's new shit this year but I'm not holding my breath.

This you mean?

Take my mind on this road, you too
I took my mind on this road, way through
I take your mind on this road, you do

And so on?

Read the annotation here, it makes much more sense then.

http://genius.com/Jay-rock-90059-lyrics

I guess the hook isn't amazing no, but sjeesjh, I've heard much worse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
brehs, is Nightcrawler the most lit song of all time?

Every part of the song is amazing in it's own right, and it's pretty timeless. Gives you the same energy you get the first time you hear it.

From the jump, the intro has you involuntarily doing a

giphy.gif

SINCE LA, I'VE BEEN PUTTIN ON
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, ON AND ON AND ON

tumblr_mhvtpg35Rd1s0xdh3o1_500.gif

Freaks come out at night
We bring our fantasy, to life

Tp167c.gif

YO BITCH WALKED UP IN THE SPOT
AND SHE ORDER ME FOR LUNCH

tumblr_m7xitaX3dy1qjw4iqo1_400.gif

Rodeo was so much more well put together than it had any reason being.

one of the worst hooks in a rap single I've ever heard

and TDE and them just let my nigga go out and do that shit. Nodding their heads like "yea this dope b"

And then they signed the guy who did all those corny hooks. Lance Skiiwalker. lol

90059 (the song) would have been pretty cool with a different hook, but that shit ruins the entire thing. The beat is very Wu-esque and cool.

Cheddahz

Banned
This you mean?

Take my mind on this road, you too
I take your mind on this road, you do

And so on?

Read the annotation here, it makes much more sense then.

http://genius.com/Jay-rock-90059-lyrics

I guess the hook isn't amazing no, but sjeesjh, I've heard much worse.

If you have to go to RapGenius to understand a hook, it's a shitty hook

Don't go to RapGenius

T Dollarz

I played the hell out of Rodeo last year, I couldn't believe the hate I was seeing on here. Sure it had some duds, but plenty of great highs as well. Super solid project overall. I was late to the party on DBR so I never totally jived with it like I do when I get a great album at release, but it's undoubtedly a stacked project as well. Couldn't really say which is better, different experiences with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom