• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

Put me in the Me Against the World camp as well. Pac was going to be sent to jail and it seemed to impact the album. He sounds more passionate and hungry. Also seems more personal too.

wtf every time I think I heard all pac related songs I find a new one lol. I have been on a 2pac spree lately and looking forward to the 20th anniversary next month.

Yeah I was really surprised as well. Of course there are plenty of those fake songs on YouTube where someone is trying to sound like him and of course the many songs after he died. But many of those really aren't too special.

Me against the world was definitely his most personal album. But can't forget about The 7 day Theory, damn nice album too. Pac was a very interesting person and at the end of the day I believe he was a good human being. His interview while he was in that correctional facility was something else. Dude got emotional about many real life issues and there simply was much more to him than the more gangsta kind of persona he became when Suge Knight took him under his wing.

51-xTv%2BksBL._SY355_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz_9-wgYu4g

Interesting....

illadelph

Yeah I was really surprised as well. Of course there are plenty of those fake songs on YouTube where someone is trying to sound like him and of course the many songs after he died. But many of those really aren't too special.

Me against the world was definitely his most personal album. But can't forget about The 7 day Theory, damn nice album too. Pac was a very interesting person and at the end of the day I believe he was a good human being. His interview while he was in that correctional facility was something else. Dude got emotional about many real life issues and there simply was much more to him than the more gangsta kind of persona he became when Suge Knight took him under his wing.

All Eyez on Me is a great listen with mostly outstanding production and legendary guest appearances, but it's probably my least favorite Pac album. His first two were political, PE/Ice Cube type of projects, Thug Life had this cool east coast type of sound that was continued and fleshed out with Me Against the World. As you said, the humanity and honest energy he displays on that album makes it his defining work. All Eyez just gave him a more generic (for the time) thug persona that seems sort of cold coming after Me Against the World. 2Pac comes back as an absolute fucking force on 7 Day Theory, though it gets bogged down somewhat by weak ass weed carrier verses.

xHiryu

brehs, is Nightcrawler the most lit song of all time?

Every part of the song is amazing in it's own right, and it's pretty timeless. Gives you the same energy you get the first time you hear it.

From the jump, the intro has you involuntarily doing a

giphy.gif

SINCE LA, I'VE BEEN PUTTIN ON
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL, ON AND ON AND ON

tumblr_mhvtpg35Rd1s0xdh3o1_500.gif

Freaks come out at night
We bring our fantasy, to life

Tp167c.gif

YO BITCH WALKED UP IN THE SPOT
AND SHE ORDER ME FOR LUNCH

tumblr_m7xitaX3dy1qjw4iqo1_400.gif

Rodeo was so much more well put together than it had any reason being.

lol perfect post, I've been listening to Travis Scott all summer long and the production on almost all of his songs are too dope. Sloppy Toppy is peak Travis still, but Birds in the Trap cant come soon enough tbh

Yo it's a must that I get papes
Peace to all the DJ's who gave me love on they mixtapes
And once again the man's back with a dance track
So here's your chance Jack to get loose and let your hands clap
I got juice like Boku, mad crews I broke through
Brothers be mad cause I hit more chicks than they spoke to
And everytime I'm jammed I always find a loophole
I got a crime record longer than Manute Bol
And my raps are unbelievable like aliens and flying saucers
No more iron horses cause I'm buying Porsches
Coming straight out the NYC
Peace to the Kid Capri, I'm MVP

Damn Big L. Damn.

Moonkid

Rodeo love, fuck yeah. To be honest I'm not sure why the album has so much longevity or how it hooked me in the first place. My only consistent gripe, which stops it from being more than just well-produced to well-crafted, is the structure within the songs. Almost every track I have a "I wish he did something more" moment, whether it be upping the ante on Dis Side or developing the beat a little bit more on Apple Pie with the killer piano sample-guitar line.

Jay Sosa

meh.

wanted to hate that lil yachty guy but that mixtape song from chance's album is just too good.

Same shit happened with young thug after that tyga track. Need some new rapper to hate on.

GODDAMIT

Fire In The Booth – Ocean Wisdom

Yeesssssss, yes yes yes! My calls tweets have been answered. Long overdue #BARS.

Smashed it to bits, what he does on the second and third beats mayne, on those second n third beats �� , WHEW. How many rappers coming through are stepping to levels like these lads?

Oceans flow n pen game >>>

Top prospect in the game.

Chaos 93 still the best rap debut album this year.

Truefacts only.

Koozek

Enzo, made me listen to Rodeo again, which I somehow just kinda forgot about, and I mean, it's really not bad or anything, but somehow it didn't stay long with me. Maria is insane, though.

illadelph

going through Kevin Gates' Luca Brasi tape, and I really fucks with it. Kinda sounds like a southern Gibbs, with the melodic thugged out flows and a bunch of multis interwoven.

Yeah, Syphon Filter, I gave your recommendation a shot. It wasn't that bad, but I'm not sure if I would spend much time listening to it. Thanks for the rec though.

I'm feeling Hendrix for some reason now. Still not a fan of the Rolling Stones (they bore me to death).

This YG album is really damn good. Love how it resurrects the classic G-Funk sound without merely imitating it. I do detect some early E-40 influences as well, at least in the music (though I'm not a fan of the production on his early albums; one of the few production styles I think has not aged well).

HiiiLife

Definitely in my Top 5, I think. I haven't decided what my top ten will be, though.

I genuinely love the album. The west coast shit I need.
I still have a spot for views because well....I'm one of the couple people in GAF hop that stan Drake in 2016 lol.

If EPs are allowed then $uicideboy$ is up there for me as well. Still have yet to check this Elucid.

I still have a spot for views because well....I'm one of the couple people in GAF hop that stan Drake in 2016 lol.

If EPs are allowed then $uicideboy$ is up there for me as well. Still have yet to check this Elucid.

I listened to Views quite a bit, I thought it was average, I suppose. Probably give it a five out of ten overall. I ended up REALLY liking Controlla, and With You is a really slept on track for me personally.

HiResDes

American Muscle is a much better West coast album to me.

Man, been a minute since I've been here. But I got y'all with a fun song, a song based on Harambe (it's not as bad as it sounds) and an inspirational song.

First up is Pryde. Back at it again (dude has been dealing with depression since his mom passed away earlier this year). Piece of Me. He's got a new EP coming soon.

Lastly, here is a track that both Pryde and Timothydelaghetto made a few years back. How U Doin. Despite it being quite dumb, these two definitely went in on it.

Dumbfoundead back again with Harambe. Dude also has a new mixtape soon.

Enjoy ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom