• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Views is dangerously close to AOTY status, edging out TLOP. experiencing some longevity that I didn't expect from the first couple of listens.

Might be Toronto bias, but the bolded are all bangers at the moment:

Keep the Family Close
U With Me?

Feel No Ways
Hype
Weston Road Flows
Redemption
With You
Faithful
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Grammys
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good

Summers Over Interlude
Fire & Desire
Views
Hotline Bling'

Look at all those fucking BANGERS that's 12/20 tracks fam

Syntsui

Views is dangerously close to AOTY status, edging out TLOP. experiencing some longevity that I didn't expect from the first couple of listens.

Keep the Family Close
U With Me?

Feel No Ways
Hype
Weston Road Flows
Redemption
With You
Faithful
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Grammys
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good

Summers Over Interlude
Fire & Desire
Views
Hotline Bling'

You should understand what this word means before you throw this statement.

http://pt.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=banger

T Dollarz

Keep the Family Close
U With Me?

Feel No Ways
Hype
Weston Road Flows
Redemption
With You
Faithful
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Grammys
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good

Summers Over Interlude
Fire & Desire
Views
Hotline Bling'

Lmao what is this bruh. Album is furthest thing from a "banger". Try yawn inducing. And much as I love TLoP, it's not an AOTY contender. It would be just outside my top five most likely.

Koozek

Keep the Family Close
U With Me?

Feel No Ways
Hype
Weston Road Flows
Redemption
With You
Faithful
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Grammys
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good

Summers Over Interlude
Fire & Desire
Views
Hotline Bling'

0YQfj0d.gif

I never wanna listen to that album again. Ye and Drake both lost their game this year. Two of my biggest idols are pretty much dead to me now. Thugga and Lil Yachty era now.

Anth0ny

Lmao what is this bruh. Album is furthest thing from a "banger". Try yawn inducing. And much as I love TLoP, it's not an AOTY contender. It would be just outside my top five most likely.

pfft

obviously not from the 6

I never wanna listen to that album again. Ye and Drake both lost their game this year. Two of my biggest idols are pretty much dead to me now. Thugga and Lil Yachty era now.

qKSn2LB-Imgur.gif

kai3345

Banned

Keep the Family Close
U With Me?

Feel No Ways
Hype
Weston Road Flows
Redemption
With You
Faithful
Still Here
Controlla
One Dance
Grammys
Childs Play
Pop Style
Too Good

Summers Over Interlude
Fire & Desire
Views
Hotline Bling'

still here and feel no ways are the only tracks off that garbage still in my spotify rotation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else notice even in the No Shopping video, Drake is continuing to jack Mo Gs dance moves?

I mean, other dudes got their careers drained of their life force, but this dude didn't even have a career. He ended up getting his ass beat by OVO goons and then deported from the country. Pretty much just erased from history. lmao

Fjordson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxOFG6AfNl8

This track is incredible. Ka found some A+ samples for Honor Killed The Samurai, but this one....lawd. I remember someone in GAF-Hop calling Day 777 "Kurosawa rap", and he really took that style to its apex on this album.
Totally agree. He had that sound before but really went for it with this.

I really like Honor Killed. Probably not gonna change anyone's opinion on Ka, but it's another dope record from him imo.

HiResDes

It's an opinion, but if you guys want to carry this elitist mentality as far as good rap or enjoyable music in general, be my guest.

Far from that.
You just questioned someone else's opinion so quit playing the part of victim, Drake really rubbing off on you eh

OG Kush

Speaking of AOTY stuff, right now its not even a US album, it's MZ's "La Dictature"

la-dictature.jpg

I don't even understand French but this album is dope. Do wish we had more people in here checking for non-US stuff or maybe another thread where we could check out non-US hip hop (just not sure how much traction it would get). I love hearing sounds from different countries.

Hitta93

Banned
So it doesn't make sense to make these large blanket statements regarding the quality of this year's releases

That falls into the elitist mentality.

Maybe I'm not as passionate about rap/hip hop in general, but if it's not easily accessible or recommended to me by someone else(which Glass Rebel essentially did), I'm not navigating through the internet listening to every new release because it's literally a waste of time. The average music listener doesn't do that.

In reality, Views is a lock for a top 10 spot on most rap outlets unlike most of those projects probably. Sure politics play a factor as well as many others, but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom