• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, the worlds top ten most popular sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Football (soccer)
2. Cricket
3. Rugby
4. Basketball
5. Tennis
6. Hockey (ice)
7. Golf
8. Formula 1
9. Moto GP
10. Boxing

That's what I think it is by the amount of leagues, teams (or in this case individuals for relevant sports), and fan followings that exist, both domestically and internationally.

Basketball is definitely growing quite fast, in Europe it's becoming a lot more popular than it ever was, I definitely see Basketball becoming the top 3 sport in the world in the future, I don't see football ever losing it's #1 spot. Same is happening with basketball in East Asian countries. I think with a combination of it growing in Europe + East Asia it could overtake cricket in the future too.

this might be the best list, but i dunno about golf fam

What even is this? That sounds like something out of Harry Potter.
The bowling record (analogous to pitching) for the most Test match wickets (outs) is shrouded in controversy because the holder had an bowling action which was deemed illegal but retrospectively made legal.

There's an undercurrent of accusations of racism and reverse racism governing this debate so I am not going into too much detail because a fully-fledged thread derail is two posts away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom