• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Throwback: Aloy looks a little off.......

cormack12

Gold Member
Original: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/lara-looks-a-bit-off.1465811/
(Which spawned many others)

Jk5m9j.jpg

Horizon: Zero Dawn
maxresdefault.jpg

e2250bf9a2c8832d48a3989e2c66aad5.jpg

Forbidden west
51208449073_e5b9c88d36_4k.jpg

M37ZJxD.jpg

Tschumi

looks like her actress is older and a bit chubbier, perhaps... nobody's fault, at least they're not being shallow and touching her up :p sticking to the motion capture tech that they've made into an artform~

Tschumi

also, needless to say, trawling through footage trying to find 'helpful shots' might seem straightforward, but it's a step away from being selective and looking for awkward angles, filtering out more legit moments.

MrSec84

I don't see anything wrong with it, I mean Guerrilla aren't on Naughty Dog's level of faces or even Santa Monica, but the quality is massively improved from Zero Dawn.
It's a stylized realistic look, so it's not going to look indistinguishable from real life Humans, even the UE5 Metahumans still have something of the Uncanny Valley look too them, but these are getting better.

wipeout364

I don’t understand why Developers pay these great looking models, then scan them and beat their digitized image with an ugly stick. If they don’t care just get somebody in the studio to do it that’s already on the payroll, the voice actors are different in a lot of cases anyway.

For all Kojima’s faults when he pays a model to be in his game, the model in the game looks like the actor, which makes sense to me.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The actress is hot no doubt.

Aloy is at best a bj on a lonely night.

There is no way I would lick Aloys anything. Regardless what you sicos say. It would be sweaty and wiped with a leaf if your lucky.
That’s how I like my tribal cavewomen. I’d make her peel off her little moleskin undergarments and give me the dirtiest sloppiest head you could imagine. I’d just toss her a bronze coin and she’d think I am some sort of deity.

Kilau

Horizon always had some funky faces. Aloy looks more detailed now for sure and maybe fuller to allow for more expressions.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
i noticed that too, i believed should be an easy fix, its up to the developers whether it worth the time to fix or not

NahaNago

she's always looked off to me. I'm guessing part of the reason is they are going for a almost realistic but obviously 3d. Of course they also weren't going for the attractive route as well but more of the outdoorsy country rugged type, which is not your usual main character in a movie or game.

I probably wouldn't be as critical over her looks if they just went the typical hot female character. I can't tell if this is a good thing that we are focusing on her facial features or a bad thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom