• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers in SE USA - Rhino Videogames Tip

spangler

With the advent of the supertacular Circuit City sale (thanks Wario64!), I wanted to make sure all of youse guys who live in the southeast US and have a Rhino videogames near you recognize the potential at hand.

For those of you who are not aware, Rhino is a chain similar to EB or Gamestop with a number of stores in Florida and Georgia (and a few other places). As a resident of Gainesville, FL, I do almost all of my game shopping at this place for one reason - they have an incredible deal going for trading games. The way it works is simple. Trade in two games and get any new (or used if they don't have it new in stock) game up to $50 in value. Now, this doesn't work with every game, but it does work with a surprisingly large number. To work, both trade-ins must be worth $12 or more in credit. They will then bump your trade in value from $24 (or higher) up to $50. You can get an idea of what games will work by browsing around the store. Any used game priced $24.99 or higher will work for the trade-in deal.

When a store like Circuit City starts clearing out stock, that's when it's on. Today, for example, I bought $5 Secret Weapons Over Normandy and $5 Marvel vs Capcom 2 (games I already own) and BAM! THANKS RHINO! A new copy of Front Mission 4 for the low, low price of $10.

PS - I'm almost positive these games on the Circuit City sale list will work for the Rhino deal: Mario Party 4, War of the Monsters, Rez, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Secret Weapons..., Dynasty Warriors 4, and Wakeboarding Unleashed. I'd guess that quite a few others would work as well but I'm not sure. I'll do some checking around tomorrow, probably.
This also works well with the buy 2, get 1 free used game deal at Gamestop if you put some thought into what you're doing ahead of time. The only catch is to be sure you know which games will work lest you be stuck with something you don't want. The upside to this situation is rarely does Rhino give less than $8 bucks in credit even for the most dire of games, so if you only spent $5 you're still coming out on top.

Anyway, I'd encourage those of you who live down south to give it a try. This has helped me to get several newer games while still paying budget prices for quite some time now.

Top Bottom