• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gba owners with a scanner, little help.

.hacked

I am trying to DS all my GBA games.

http://www.snackbar-games.com/gbacovers.php

dsed8hy.jpg

I just placed a rather large order for some more GBA games and can't find scans for a few of the games.

I am looking for a front, back and spine scan for the following 2 games:

Riviera

King Of Fighter Ex2

Any help would be much appreciated, I'd like to have the boxes done before the games arrive next week.

mosaic

go eat paint
How satisfied are you with the results? I've been considering doing this, but I see imperfections in the scans and worry that they'd bug me too much when printed onto glossy stock.

.hacked

mosaic said:
How satisfied are you with the results? I've been considering doing this, but I see imperfections in the scans and worry that they'd bug me too much when printed onto glossy stock.

I am just using regular inkjet paper and it looks better than an ugly stack of banged up cardboard boxes or a pile of carts.

If you inspect them closely you won't be fooled, but at a few feet way they look great.

$7 for 10 boxes it is cheap enough to try for yourself.

Jeff-DSA

I'm doing the same thing myself right now. Kinkos can do the printing and cutting and it comes out to be about $1.00 a game.

When I pick up Riviera I can scan it for you, but it won't be until after the weekend most likely.

.hacked

here is a fresh pic:

dsed21kh.jpg

As you can see they look pretty good.

I did the Yoshi box myself, even moded the DS case to fit the weird cart.

.hacked

Jeff-DSA said:
I'm doing the same thing myself right now. Kinkos can do the printing and cutting and it comes out to be about $1.00 a game.

When I pick up Riviera I can scan it for you, but it won't be until after the weekend most likely.

Thanks

I'll have it on the 5th or 6th, I just wanted to get them all done while I have some free time.

Those look pretty good to me. It sure beats the way I store my games. What cases are you using to do this?

I have mine in those plastic snap cases that leave the top of the kart sticking out, only I can't find those in store anymore (I have two different brands of those as well), so I had to switch to a different kind that fully seal the game and make it harder to see what's inside. Then I have them all stuffed inside a ziplock bag that's about to explode. It's pretty sad.

They use the official DS cases from the Nintendo.com store.

Oh, right. So these are the ones you have to cut and alter so they hold GBA games? Dammit Nintendo, release some real cases for lazy people like myself.

Matlock

Banned
ThirstyFly said:
Oh, right. So these are the ones you have to cut and alter so they hold GBA games? Dammit Nintendo, release some real cases for lazy people like myself.

yep, gotta cut and alter, mmm hmm

edit: dammit, I didn't look at the pic--auto-focued into the wrong part of the image. :lol

Can you toss up a pic of the case without any games in it?

I don't have a DS so I have no idea what they look like inside.

Edit:

I guess the ones I saw being altered were for GB/GBC games. I honestly don't remember now.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
What someone with the means needs to do (I sadly have no scanner) is scan and properly scale the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Preview Trailer DS slip case that was given away at E3.

I know my Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo looks a lot nicer on my shelf of DS games now that it's in a proper case instead of that flimsy cardboard slip case that it came in.

And for the record, I have a little over 100 GBA games converted into the DS cases. They certainly don't look as good as the original boxes (the scans at snackbar games are typically too low of resolution), but for my purposes they look fine. Like .hacked said, they're worth the trouble if you're anal about nice looking collection displays.

Shiggy

Whimsical Phil said:
I know my Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt demo looks a lot nicer on my shelf of DS games now that it's in a proper case instead of that flimsy cardboard slip case that it came in.

What? My demo was in this box:
Bild008.jpg

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Shiggy said:
What? My demo was in this box:
Bild008.jpg

Are you in Europe? I'm trying to identify that ratings symbol.

In the U.S., the Metroid demo came in a lousy cardboard sleeve, just like the Zelda demos came in at E3. Boo-urns, Nintendo, for cheaping out with the American packaging.

Shiggy

Whimsical Phil said:
Are you in Europe? I'm trying to identify that ratings symbol.

In the U.S., the Metroid demo came in a lousy cardboard sleeve, just like the Zelda demos came in at E3. Boo-urns, Nintendo, for cheaping out with the American packaging.

Yes, Europe. What you tried to identify were the USK and PEGI ratings ;)

You guys should stop helping him. This guy's been reported to Nintendo before. He makes his own copies of GBA games and sells em at fleamarkets and on ebay.

Just.
Kidding.
That's pretty damn cool.

aftershot.jpg

An Aria of Sorrow box would be hot.

.hacked

dsed38ds.jpg

Only need a KoF EX2 box now (oh and the games >_<)

I made the box out of Demi's scans, if anyone wants it it is 2mb just point me to a place to upload it.

cs060mk2

Is there any place on the net where I can download manuals and reprint them in a hard cover book thats at least twice as big as the original size?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Man I love the guys at Snackbar for doing this. I only have 8 GBA games but they all look great on my shelf. I honestly look forward to buying new GBA games for the new cases as much as the games themselves.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ThirstyFly said:
How well does it hold GBA instruction booklets?
I've asked this before and people NEVER answer it.

DS_Game_Case.jpg

Do you notice the plastic that is visible just to the right of the instruction booklet at the top of the case? It pushes the booklet up and makes the GBA game hit it when you close the case so it doesn't close completely (there's a bulge). The only way I could see GBA games with the booklets fitting nicely inside the case is if I used my Dremel to shave the plastic down behind the booklet. Anyone know of a different way or do you just live with the bulging?

Jonk

I am going to be sending in a bunch of new n64 cases soon, and hopefully set up a template for SNES cases.

If anyone has Blast Corps' box and could scan it for me that would rock, I will take care of the rest. If you have N64 boxes that isnt in that library at Snackbar games and you want me to convert them, I'd be all up for it (within reason).

I am curious if people will do the same this for the GBA cases for imports as well (I'm eyeing Mother 1+2). I saw a few there in snackbar's cataloge. I know JohnTV would DEFINITELY be up for some of that. I wonder if people are even going to do some Super Famicom stuff. The carts fit in those cases as well.

john tv

I just ordered 50 cases (they wouldn't let me order more than 50 at once, heh). Looking forward to doing up all my "keeper" GBA games, although I'm planning to make my own templates, as the ones that are out there are pretty fugly, IMO. I'm also going to make specialized cases for the 30 Famicom Mini games. Should be fun! I'll post the results whenever they're done, but don't hold your breath, as it'll probably be a month or two before I get started.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Slightly off-topic, but the European, semi-transparent DS boxes are a lot nicer than the boring US black ones.

Jonk

John, when you get a GBA game case up in your own template, can you shhow me an example of what you are doing. I am curious on how others would lay this out.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
You know, I just don't remember the Lunar Legends booklet art being that awesome...

Edit - Yep. It is. I should play that again... after Riviera, perhaps.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
This is awesome. I don't have enough GBA games to make this a worthwhile undertaking, but it's so cool to see the finished products :)

Now, converting all my Dreamcast and Playstation games to DVD style cases would be a cool project!

Sanjuro

SnowWolf said:
This is awesome. I don't have enough GBA games to make this a worthwhile undertaking, but it's so cool to see the finished products :)

Now, converting all my Dreamcast and Playstation games to DVD style cases would be a cool project!

Isn't the whole point of this to make less space...wouldnt that reverse the cause?

MrDaravon

I've got a lot of GB/GBC/GBA/N64/SNES cart only games, I'm extremely interested by this, and even in some cases where it wouldn't save room (N64), it would look a hell of a lot better. If I can find some SNES/N64 scans I'd probably do this with all of them.

Top Bottom