• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut for PC | Review Thread

bender

What time is it?
Not wrong

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

nikos

Anyone else finding textures and overall sharpness to be a bit soft?

Max settings, 3840x1600. I actually added a bit of NVIDIA's Sharpen+ filter, which I never do, and it looks a lot better.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
The best samurai/ninja game since Tenchu probably.

Very excited for people to experience this for the first time. I got the plat twice lol, on PS4 and PS5, I’m not even a trophy guy, the game was just that fun, I wanted to do everything again.
Do you mean the Tenchu reboot that ended up being Sekiro? In that case you're probably right and I hope to enjoy it, but gonna hold off for a moment since Hellblade 2 is about to release, also I just played Jedi Survivor and Tales of Arise and I'm having an open world break

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Got that balance from regular store usage over the years. Couldn't spend it all if I tried. Dunno why people would need to farm reactions for points since they give out so much.
Just looked at mine and I have over 1.5 million, what are they even for?

Do you just spend this on emotes and background images for your steam profile?

Kataploom

Gold Member
BTW how is FSR 3 input lag and IQ in this game? I'm a believer now tho it depends on each game. Hell, I even tried AFMF in Jedi Survivor recently and it had great input lag but some image artifacts, so I want to try a game using a proper FSR 3 implementation...

Do you mean the Tenchu reboot that ended up being Sekiro? In that case you're probably right and I hope to enjoy it, but gonna hold off for a moment since Hellblade 2 is about to release, also I just played Jedi Survivor and Tales of Arise and I'm having an open world break
Ghost isn’t going anywhere. Play when you have the time. It’s a great game, it’s not going to blow your mind or anything. It’s just a fun samurai/ninja game that’s well made.

Edit. I was referring to the original tenchu, but it’s all good.

Last edited:
Just looked at mine and I have over 1.5 million, what are they even for?

Do you just spend this on emotes and background images for your steam profile?
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

----------------

Nothing to really do with GoT, but reminiscing about Tenchu, it was so cool having such incredible stealth games back to back with Tenchu and MGS for me when I got my Playstation. What a time. I do think that GoT hits the right notes that I got when I played Tenchu back in the day....With a slightly better draw distance. Not as good of a grappling hook though.

Last edited:

Karak

It was odd that during the Helldivers stuff the review code turned from "coming" to out the "same exact time" the game was releasing.
I view these sometimes situations as anomalies and not the first time it happened with Sony, though I don't think there was a related situation during those other times.
We discussed it on the podcast during the Helldivers stuff, when I found out, but I just shrugged it off. However, it looks like few people got it to cover.
That being said, it hasn't seemed to hurt them, though no clue if more talk would have helped.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

BTW how is FSR 3 input lag and IQ in this game? I'm a believer now tho it depends on each game. Hell, I even tried AFMF in Jedi Survivor recently and it had great input lag but some image artifacts, so I want to try a game using a proper FSR 3 implementation...
AFMF isn't very good because it disables itself when you move the screen slightly faster which makes it unusable. FSR 3 Frame Generation doesn't have this and it works great. I'm currently using it on Starfield and it is awesome. I'm getting 120fps+ at Ultra 1440p FS3 Quality with a 7800 XT. I imagine Ghost will be even better now that is the first to use FSR 3.1.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Watching some vids it looks like Deck ideal settings are Medium quality with 40fps target. I have it on PS5 so I’ll wait a bit for a sale before double-dipping.

Finally at home and installing it on my main computer.
I need to find my DS5 controller to see if the game will use it's features. Currently using an Xbox Elite with no issues but I suspect I'm missing out on rumble and trigger stuff.
I was able to sign into PSN with no issues. My RTX 4070 with default settings looks and plays very nice. I have some GPU headroom to maybe up the settings here and there.
DLSS is available but no settings beyond 'dynamic' which I've had issues with in other games, but so far is behaving ok in the opening sequence.
I've only played up till the start where I'm sneaking in to find my sword. I've been caught!.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The best samurai/ninja game since Tenchu probably.

Very excited for people to experience this for the first time. I got the plat twice lol, on PS4 and PS5, I’m not even a trophy guy, the game was just that fun, I wanted to do everything again.

Agreed. I have the directors cut on PS5 and it's easily one of the best games I've played.

Can't wait for the sequel.

lmimmfn

It was odd that during the Helldivers stuff the review code turned from "coming" to out the "same exact time" the game was releasing.
I view these sometimes situations as anomalies and not the first time it happened with Sony, though I don't think there was a related situation during those other times.
We discussed it on the podcast during the Helldivers stuff, when I found out, but I just shrugged it off. However, it looks like few people got it to cover.
That being said, it hasn't seemed to hurt them, though no clue if more talk would have helped.
I read that in a Karak voice lol, are you saying you got no preview keys to review or? Your post doesn't really give context.

lmimmfn

Bragging about frames with fg is like measuring your dick from your ass.
Is just lag unless you being with at least 70-100 fps
Agreed, it's nonsense. I only think it's valid in Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty with raytracing where its a visual spectacle and needs a 4090 to run without pretend frames.

For games like this it's OK to use gen frames to hit your monitor framerate with VSR/GSynch. I'd turn it off by default.

Ubisoft are owed some money for this game - doing a massive reveal for a new samurai game where you play as Marshawn Lynch literally the day before this is released - thus creating a thirst for people to play as a real Japanese samurai they never knew they had before!?!?

Shadows is also going to be up against this on sale (on PC) come November - ouch.

//DEVIL//

This is releasing on Steam at a great time as not much else AAA single player of note is to compete for its attention on Steam for some time. I’m curious if it takes the Sony published single player crown from God of War as far as peak CCU goes.

47jgnxf.jpeg
I don’t see the game taking out GoW or Spider man.

Spider man for obvious reasons ( that I can never understand ) but god of war is the first god of war game ever since the PlayStation 1. And I’m one of the the first games to ever release on consoles.

Still IMO GoT is probably the best Sony first party title ever released on the PlayStation 4 after shadow of the colossus remake

Karak

I read that in a Karak voice lol, are you saying you got no preview keys to review or? Your post doesn't really give context.
It was prepped, or so email led me to believe, at the normal time. 1.5 weeks ahead maybe. I would have to check. But then it got confirmed for release code. Which is, pretty rare, but not without its occasional occurrence.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Game looks absolutely stunning fully maxed out in ultrawide. Wow.

I've had a couple of oddities though. Sometimes there's a black banding effect (for lack of a better term) that shows up briefly on screen when a new area is loaded in, or at least it seems to correspond with that.

Also, I've had a couple trophies pop and had a bit of slowdown when that happened. However, I've had at least one pop that didn't do that at all.

Top Bottom