• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima |OT| - Summer blade cuts through, the PlayStation shall go on, this is its swan song

Bryank75

Banned
yeah but this is really barebones, both for the enemies incredibly limited sight\hearing and general awareness, the guy kill the mongol through that paper door and the other enemy is right there doing nothing, it was hilarious to see.

i played a LOT of stealth and open world games during this gen, and that is pretty bad.

on the other hand, you have this :lollipop_squinting:
08meoxU.gif
Maybe a patch can improve the AI..

Game is beautiful, I mostly just want to duel TBH.... not much interest in the stealth, I'll do it if I have to.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I watched a livestream earlier today from Centerstrain01 but didn't watch long as I'll be playing at midnight. I will also watch CohhCarnage as they're the only two people I can deal with in regards to listening to commentary while they're playing.

No commentary wise, I watch Shirrako, MKIce&Fire and RabidRetrospectGames.

Of course, I usually only watch gameplay walkthroughs of games im 50/50 on or were released months/years earlier and I just want to see if they interest me enough to give the game a chance.

As for Edge, meh. Who cares? The only review that should matter to anyone is their own.

spartan30gr

I watched a livestream earlier today from Centerstrain01 but didn't watch long as I'll be playing at midnight. I will also watch CohhCarnage as they're the only two people I can deal with in regards to listening to commentary while they're playing.

No commentary wise, I watch Shirrako, MKIce&Fire and RabidRetrospectGames.

Of course, I usually only watch gameplay walkthroughs of games im 50/50 on or were released months/years earlier and I just want to see if they interest me enough to give the game a chance.

As for Edge, meh. Who cares? The only review that should matter to anyone is their own.

Edge magazine its only one opinion
The rest of the critics they like a lot this game
Thats matter right now

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So what is it people, going with Japanese or English audio!???? I'm so torn because the mo cap is in English and I hate things that look off.
I’m going with Japanese. I’m used to lip sync not matching in my Japanese games but they had amazing English voices like NieR games. To me it’s much more bizarre to have Japanese characters in Japanese setting talking English.

saintjules

Been playing for a few hours now on Hard Mode. Really good looking game, but somewhat hard to compete against something like TLOU2 graphically (may be an unfair comparison since there's difference in art style). But I'm still quite early in, so I'm just scratching the surface.

The camera can definitely be bothersome at times. When fighting against enemies, you're constantly keeping your thumb on the right analog stick to center yourself and see who you're fighting. An auto lock would easily fix the issue. Other than that, I haven't had any concerns with the camera when moving around outside combat.

The only other gripe was trying to follow along the subtitles if you're using the Japanese audio. Not a problem during cutscenes and times when you're talking to NPC in a sidequest, but more so when you're traveling with a companion on horseback. It's like trying to watch where you're going while trying to read the dialogue simultaneously. Takes getting use to I suppose.

Edit: After playing for another 2 hours or so, I can see why the camera is done the way it is. I got use to it and it's not bad at all controlling it.

Graphics look really nice in alot of places. I'm on a C9 OLED and it really pops.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
Played the intro/first hour. Combat is better than I expected. Graphics aren't as good as I expected. Sound design is phenomenal.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Edge magazine its only one opinion
The rest of the critics they like a lot this game
Thats matter right now

To each their own but personally, I could care less about reviews. If it's a game that im 100% all in on like Tsushima, it doesn't matter if it's 10/10 or 0/10, it's still a day one purchase for me. And if it's a 50/50 game, I'll watch a walkthrough on YouTube for an hour or so to see if the game is for me and regardless if it is or not, I still won't go by reviews. As for Tsushima, im expecting an easy 9.0/10 for me personally as everything is right up my alley. The only negative that I can see being an issue would be the camera but that's more of a general issue for me anyway. But other than that, I don't see anything that could turn me off to the game.

PresetError

Neophyte
Ok, this game is a BLAST. It's clearly superior to Days Gone but it reminds me of Days Gone in the sense that it's super fun and has a lot of impressive things but lacks the level of polish other Playstation Studios like Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica achieve. For example, transitions between cutscenes and gameplay, odd collisions and character models. It's also fair to point out neither ND nor SSM make open world games.

Not only combat is more impressive than I expected but after 2 hours of gameplay characters and story so far are very good, way better than advertised by the media. And for a title that has been accused of not innovating the wind mechanic and the flute and other systems I dont want to spoil are amazing and very creative.

I was looking for gorgeous environments, immersion in feudal Japan and fun gameplay but this game is much more.

Justin9mm

Ok, this game is a BLAST. It's clearly superior to Days Gone but it reminds me of Days Gone in the sense that it's super fun and has a lot of impressive things but lacks the level of polish other Playstation Studios like Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica achieve. For example, transitions between cutscenes and gameplay, odd collisions and character models. It's also fair to point out neither ND nor SSM make open world games.

Not only combat is more impressive than I expected but after 2 hours of gameplay characters and story so far are very good, way better than advertised by the media. And for a title that has been accused of not innovating the wind mechanic and the flute and other systems I dont want to spoil are amazing and very creative.

I was looking for gorgeous environments, immersion in feudal Japan and fun gameplay but this game is much more.
The most important question here is, are you playing in Japanese or English audio?

PanzerAzel

So what is it people, going with Japanese or English audio!???? I'm so torn because the mo cap is in English and I hate things that look off.
As much as I want to go Japanese for a more authentic feel, it’ll be English the first time around. Having to read subs is a distraction, and I want my full attention on what’s going on on-screen.

Have to say, for this one I’m a bit envious of those fluent in Japanese.

I want you to know.

You are the reason i gone and just spent 119 New Zealand dollars on this game just a few moments ago.
Its downloading now to my PS4.

I blame you. I hate you. You disgust me.

Last edited:
Surprised to not see any photomode captures in this thread at all.

Game has been out a good few hours now here in New Zealand. Where my kiwi brethren at?

Post them photomode pics.

JimiNutz

Banned
Maybe it's because it's 2am here and I'm a bit tired but I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I've died a few times in combat already after just a couple of hours (on Hard difficulty).
It's certainly not anywhere near Sekiro difficulty but still...

Rikoi

Fantastic game, whoever gave this game just a 6 was smoking something bad, no wonder way more people are losing trust in gaming journalism.
So far I haven't notice big issues with the camera to be honest, maybe because I'm actually used to manually move the camera in other games.
My only complaint is that the game looks fairly easy, I'm playing on hard but it's not so "hard", as long as you take your time before striking you shouldn't have many issues in combat, also considering the many checkpoints there are.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Maybe it's because it's 2am here and I'm a bit tired but I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I've died a few times in combat already after just a couple of hours (on Hard difficulty).

That's good to hear honestly.

Hard mode here I go.

English because of lip synching. In japanese it's too noticeable this game was captured in another language. It's the same reason I don't play cinematic videogames in spanish anymore.

Still, a game like this, with this setting, needs to be played in japanese.

Too many years playing Yakuza... I'm used to top notch voice acting in my Japanese games.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned

Dude getting mercd right now on a higher difficulty, and to the people that say enemies dont swarm and attack one at a time lmao

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
Haven't got to that part yet but seeing 10 enemies attacking you at the same time is fun
He luve streaming right now and either playing on hardest or second hardest difficulty (prob hardest cus I know BG and dude just back out of a camo because 9-10 guys were swarming him and attacking him at once. He grabbed his ankles on that one and left and said nah fam. Died atleast 10 times just now.

TrainedRage

Banned
Woke up from my weed nap.... Had a crazy dream I was an SJW, hired that black activist from UK that just had a statue of her put up, to do security at my house. Mean while I had a meeting in my kitchen with a few huge lesbians. It was.....weird.

I fear I may be a sleeper agent. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be able to play until Tuesday, but I look forward to joining you all then! Super psyched for this game.

saintjules

Don't be ashamed, I died quite a bit too. There's alot of commands for combat at your fingertips, so for me it was remembering which commands were what and where. Once I got a handle on it, the fights get a bit easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom