• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread

DonJorginho

Banned
Exploration and stealth. I'm going to be walking everywhere and soaking it all in. The mood even lends itself to playing in a more sedate way.
Same here, Exploration and stealth are both things I am greatly looking forward to doing in this game, I know reviews have said the stealth is largely so-so but from what I see I love it, the jumping across rooftops, using wind chimes to exploit Mongol patrols before taking them out with a swift throw of my Kunai.

Exploring this world will be magnificent I am sure, the wide plains of nature and staggering mountainsides/monuments deserve to be explored.

Cannot wait to take my time and just enjoy this game, even on my Slim I am sure it will look outstanding.

HotPocket69

Banned
Alright just gotta get through work today, take a brief POWER NAP afterwards, and then ready to rock this at 12AM!

Off tomorrow too 😏

A90AvL5.jpg

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Same here, Exploration and stealth are both things I am greatly looking forward to doing in this game, I know reviews have said the stealth is largely so-so but from what I see I love it, the jumping across rooftops, using wind chimes to exploit Mongol patrols before taking them out with a swift throw of my Kunai.

Exploring this world will be magnificent I am sure, the wide plains of nature and staggering mountainsides/monuments deserve to be explored.

Cannot wait to take my time and just enjoy this game, even on my Slim I am sure it will look outstanding.

Same here. It looks like the sort of stealth I love. Being hard for the sake of being hard never interested me, unless hard is one of the core elements as in Souls or Bloodborne, which I love.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Same here. It looks like the sort of stealth I love. Being hard for the sake of being hard never interested me, unless hard is one of the core elements as in Souls or Bloodborne, which I love.
Exactly, unless the difficulty works and is part of the games DNA like Soulsborne games, I just find it cheap and tacky to slide up enemy AI to insane levels and say that is hard mode.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Avoiding reviews for possible spoilers, so Im gonna ask here...

How has the combat turned out? Is it difficult and demanding? Do the enemies attack you all together or is it always a one on one while the rest watch?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Avoiding reviews for possible spoilers, so Im gonna ask here...

How has the combat turned out? Is it difficult and demanding? Do the enemies attack you all together or is it always a one on one while the rest watch?

Not Souls or Bloodborne difficult. It relies heavily of stances and assessing what type of enemy you're confronted by. You can get into a rhythm and defeat enemies quite easily IF you remain concentrated at all times, which fit the theme PERFECTLY in my opinion. There are 'bosses' that challenge you harder and 'standoffs' for that ultimate filmic thrill.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not Souls or Bloodborne difficult. It relies heavily of stances and assessing what type of enemy you're confronted by. You can get into a rhythm and defeat enemies quite easily IF you remain concentrated at all times, which fit the theme PERFECTLY in my opinion. There are 'bosses' that challenge you harder and 'standoffs' for that ultimate filmic thrill.
Souns very samurai-like yeah. Would you think this is better developed than, for example, AC Odyssey? That combat seemed serviceable at best, with almost no weight to it.

Kamina

Golden Boy
For everyone with a PS4 Pro:

Quality Mode: 1800p / 30 with rare drops to 29/28
Performance Mode: 1080p / 30 rock solid

I hope the PS5 Patch will up this to 4k/60

Last edited:

Dibils2k

For everyone with a PS4 Pro:

Quality Mode: 1800p / 30 with rare drops to 29/28
Performance Mode: 1080p / 30 rock solid

I hope the PS5 Patch will up this to 4k/60
1800p! yes, much better than 1440p

dont see the point of performance mode :messenger_expressionless: i guess if you have 1080p TV

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Thanks for all the comments and dm's about the review folks. I am stoked people liked it that much. Glad to see people are excited to get into this one.
You're review was brilliant, incredibly hyped and also grateful for your posts and contributions here!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Sony won't go after Ubisoft like that. Highly doubt it.

I can't see Ubisoft becoming a Sony studio. I just can't. For me, the quality of their games just don't measure up to the quality of Sony's 1st party titles. I'm not saying that Ubisoft isn't a AAA publisher, or that they don't have some really great (and some really shyte) games.. It's just that Sony's first party titles are generally high high end in quality. Like, next level.

odhin

Got mine delivered a couple of hours ago (surprisingly, since it only officially releases tomorrow). Almost time to play it! :)

She's going to be upset to find out her world is full of PlayStation 3's, one PS Vita, but zero PS4s.

Tbf, her world "stopped" in 2013, so at least she won't have to suffer through TLOU II

I kid, I kid :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom