• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Song Kickstarter - Metroid meets Dark Souls - GAFer made - funded!

Clott

Yeah pretty much this. We believe in you who believe in what you're creating. I'm not asking for any specifics, I just want you to be able to make this game as good as possible. So more money in your direction!

Couldn't have said it better.

Scratching my head over any places we haven't spread the word.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
$1400 until 50k.

845214279fb7284.gif

JoeFu

Banned
Dang, so not even over 50k yet... COME ON GUYS LETS DO THIS! I wish I had more money :(

if every backer adds 3-4 bucks we could get this easily!

asglkajsd;flkjasd;lgkjasdg

doubled pledge to get into the beta tier

4 hours to go!

I will be asleep when it's funded, so congrats on your first Kickstarter, now hire a hypnotist who will turn Sakamoto's mind into the state it was in 1994 and give us a nice Super Metroid sequel!

:p

Jobbs

Banned
Congrats man! Must be a great feeling to be at over 3 times your initial goal. Looking forward to the final product.

it's a great feeling -- of vindication, having people seem to appreciate what I'm doing, and not having to scrimp and scrap quite so much. that helps. we'll be able to take our time and focus on it and do it even better. :)

4 hours to go!

I will be asleep when it's funded, so congrats on your first Kickstarter, now hire a hypnotist who will turn Sakamoto's mind into the state it was in 1994 and give us a nice Super Metroid sequel!

:p

Thank you, and on it!

Jobbs the game looks great what's the likelyhood you would self publish on Xbone and PS4 way into the future? Is it something you have even considered?

Clott

Jobbs the game looks great what's the likelyhood you would self publish on Xbone and PS4 way into the future? Is it something you have even considered?

He has, and I think it's definitely in the plans for the future. But the license for the unity engine to develop for the XBone and PS4 is around 15 grand, or that is my general impression. If the game grows feet after release and make some money, then he will have capital to invest further.

The question is, are sony or microsoft helping small devs with the waving, or in the least minimizing the cost of the license. Have you researched this Jobbs?

Can you talk about the Dark Souls influences again? I definitely see the inspiration with the atmosphere and eerie yet beautiful art style but when I think DS, I think of always being on the defensive, having to be cautious and slow to survive. Is the combat influenced by DS in any way?

JoeFu

Banned
Guys talking about ps3 and stuff after he already talked about it... it's too expensive.

Look at this post from this thread

Glad to see this is going so well!

I'm no dev, but I got curious and did some searching. What I found, which, I should point out, is a three year old post, is that it costs $80,000 for a Unity 360 or PS3 license. Others have put it in a range between that and $40,000. So, yeah, that sounds like a bit of a hindrance.

If the price hasn't changed the last 3 years, 40K for a unity license for PSN/XBLA is ridonk for Jobbs. The game is at 50k right now. Think about it.

Wii U = $0 for Unity license, comes with the dev kit. that's all that really needs to be said.

majik13

Im no developer but I think it is a bit unfair the wiiu stretch goal is so much. It is more than the whole orginal game goal of 15k.

And I thought it was pretty easy and straight forward to port Unity software to wii u. Unless that is for developin the extra gamepad stuff, but I wouldnt think it would need too much extra work. I dunno.

remist

Not sure if you've talked about this before, but what is the save system going to be like and what are the consequences of a death.

Im no developer but I think it is a bit unfair the wiiu stretch goal is so much. It is more than the whole orginal game goal of 15k.

And I thought it was pretty easy and straight forward to port Unity software to wii u. Unless that is for developin the extra gamepad stuff, but I wouldnt think it would need too much extra work. I dunno.

Exactly.

JoeFu

Banned
Armikrog wanted 50k for their Wii U stretch goal

Saying Jobbs stretch goal is unfair is lolworthy.

9 dollars from 50K!!!!!! SOMEONE SNIPE IT!

Guys talking about ps3 and stuff after he already talked about it... it's too expensive.

Look at this post from this thread

If the price hasn't changed the last 3 years, 40K for a unity license for PSN/XBLA is ridonk for Jobbs. The game is at 50k right now. Think about it.

Wii U = $0 for Unity license, comes with the dev kit. that's all that really needs to be said.
I don't know the ins and outs myself as I'm no developer, but the indie scene on home consoles has changes a lot just in the last 6 months. The unity license is still only free on Wii U, but Sony and Microsoft are doing a lot of other great things that might outweight that detail.

Right now it's about this Kickstarter getting funded, and then it's about the game getting made, and then you can begin speculating if it's worth releasing it on other platforms.

majik13

"Unfair," seriously?

Jobbs added a stretch goal at a point where he could feel confident that he'd be able to definitely do a Wii U version if it was met. He's not trying to cruelly hold a carrot just out of reach of Wii U fans, cackling madly as they can't quite reach it.

If you've read the thread at all, you'd see that he still thinks he'll be able to do it, he just can't guarantee it.

well I am glad that it could still be a possibility. Just wondering why such the large price gap.

majik13

Armikrog wanted 50k for their Wii U stretch goal

Saying Jobbs stretch goal is unfair is lolworthy.

9 dollars from 50K!!!!!! SOMEONE SNIPE IT!
different game is different game. was it also in the unity engine? What was the base goal for that?

PureGone

Banned
Would have backed if there was a Vita version or even a PS4 version, I don't play many games on PC and I'm not getting a Wii U for a long time now

Jobbs

Banned
I don't want to freak you guys out, but I think 60k could actually happen. don't worry about it if it doesn't, but I'm watching the numbers fly by -- and.. yeah. it's really moving.

well I am glad that it could still be a possibility. Just wondering why such the large price gap.

because I don't want to have to promise it. I'm cautious by nature, and for me nothing is fun about being obligated to do extra things, especially big things like a console port. but I figured if people want to show this huge support I'd say yes.

Caffeine

i just posted it in mighty no 9 comments section hopefully a few who want that game will become aware of this for wii u too. :)

majik13

I don't want to freak you guys out, but I think 60k could actually happen. don't worry about it if it doesn't, but I'm watching the numbers fly by -- and.. yeah. it's really moving.

because I don't want to have to promise it. I'm cautious by nature, and for me nothing is fun about being obligated to do extra things, especially big things like a console port. but I figured if people want to show this huge support I'd say yes.

great sounds promising

J-Tier

It's definitely possible, I've seen Kickstarters push 10K in the last hour. Really depends on how many people are aware of the time that's left. The urgency usually pushes people over the fence.

CTLance

Only three hours left, 50k Dollahs raised. Great success!

I'm so sorry I can't stay awake and watch the last few minutes, but it's time for my beauty sleep now. Gotta earn the monies I chuck on kickstarter. ;)

Looking forward to seeing that the WiiU stretchgoal was met when I wake up tomorrow.

It's a bit early, but congrats for beating your initial goal several times over, Jobbs. How's it feel to be a true-blood Indie?

Cyklops

Neo Member
Congrats Jobbs, been keeping a close eye on this Kickstarter. Hope the Wii U version gets funded in the next couple of hours.

Any update on the PayPal side?

TDLink

I said it before but I'll say it again. The last 10k (really ~9k now with the paypal donations added in) is completely doable in the next 3 hours. The word just needs to get out there. I think most people still don't know this even exists (and it is hard since Mighty No. 9 and Shantae are overshadowing it right now).

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I said it before but I'll say it again. The last 10k (really ~9k now with the paypal donations added in) is completely doable in the next 3 hours. The word just needs to get out there. I think most people still don't know this even exists (and it is hard since Mighty No. 9 and Shantae are overshadowing it right now).

We got it decently high on reddit and I tweeted a bunch of games sites, but no go there. We'd need a massive tweet bomb to the biggest sites to make an impact.

Top Bottom