• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So were the Arkham games before Knight.

Just saying, being patient usually pays off.

Naw, Arkham City had some major issues where the DX11 features would crush even the top of the line cards for years. And Origins had a couple of major bugs on PC that WB even went so far as to say they werent patching because they were focusing on releasing DLC instead. So the batman games had a meh reception on PC before the clusterfuck that was AK

And, yeah, normally i would agree with you on waiting. I tend to hold off because paying more than $20 for a PC game always feels wrong but a) ground zeroes was damn fine on the PC and B) I fear spoilers. I really, really fear spoilers.

So $35 seems alright to me, especially when that's almost half off at launch.

I'd honestly be shocked if PP didn't have some kind of bugs on release, but given KojiPro's track record with how good their games run on consoles, and with how good GZ's PC port was, that unless reports come out that a lesser known studio is doing the entire PC port, you should feel good about buying it day one.

Eh, I probably won't be adding much to the MGS5 discussion here. Its still a giant bomb thread and I've been a part of communities that got a little too OT when big new games came out.

Unless its somehow related to current stuff that GB is doing, but I don't see them doing a PP video outside of a QL for a while.

Haunted

Isn't it just something like the Diablo franchise without the gameplay? Click click click reward click click click reward etc. etc.

I can see the appeal.
I've played all of the big clicker games and they lose me at that point, while other people continue to play and play and play. Maybe I have a different tolerance for when the upgrades don't feel significant anymore and don't give that satisfactory feedback that hooks you at first.

While looking up Giant Bomb's address, Google suggested some alternate searches, including:

What the eff, Google? Really?
Is Brad leaving?

Lelcar

What if Chico was actually Fatman

I hope so! This is the kind of weird story shit that I want to see in MGSV. And I want to encounter a person in a bunker or something who launches into a speech with a visual overlay of maps and historical stock footage with spooky ambiance music playing in the background.

Also, I'd watch a Dota series with Brad and Dan. I think if Dan were there asking questions, I'd better understand it.

HELP...

6yvCf6F.jpg
I broke my addiction
cause you can unlock all the achievements like nothing.

Myggen

Eh, I probably won't be adding much to the MGS5 discussion here. Its still a giant bomb thread and I've been a part of communities that got a little too OT when big new games came out.

Unless its somehow related to current stuff that GB is doing, but I don't see them doing a PP video outside of a QL for a while.

Yeah, I agree there. I doubt there'll be too much discussion of MGSV here, no reason for there to be. When people discussed MGS in general it was at least tied to a feature on the site. It would be weird to start discussing MGSV in depth here, we have the MGSV thread(s) for that.

Patryn

Yeah, I agree there. I doubt there'll be too much discussion of MGSV here, no reason for there to be. When people discussed MGS in general it was at least tied to a feature on the site. It would be weird to start discussing MGSV in depth here, we have the MGSV thread(s) for that.

Really?

The week of release, this thread will likely be at least 30 percent MGS discussion.

See also: The Witcher 3 discussions that have been happening, talking about length, where people are, etc.

Myggen

Really?

The week of release, this thread will likely be at least 30 percent MGS discussion.

See also: The Witcher 3 discussions that have been happening, talking about length, where people are, etc.

There wasn't that much Witcher 3 discussion. A fair bit, sure, but not near 30 percent. MGSV is gonna be a whole lot more spoiler heavy, so I think most people will keep that to the appropriate threads. At least I would appreciate it since I won't be able to play it the first week it comes out.

Really?

Dont be crazy, there will be 100% more talk about Mad Max than MGSV. i'd put money on it

Aaron

Heroes of the Storm is way too slow for me. I mainly play Smite though, which is probably the fastest paced of all of the MOBAs. If you play the alternative modes, the matches last as long as Heroes, but I find them a lot more fun.

FStop7

Banned
Dan says Metal Gear is his "absolute favorite thing in entertainment" yet hasn't played MG1, MG2, Peace Walker, Revengeance, and Portable Ops. Okay.

Wait, he never played MG1 or MG2?

I mean, the whole crux of the MGS series... about how everything's a cycle... I mean that stuff kind of hinges on MG1 and MG2.

Reveangance has got to be the most overrated game on the internet, it's like the fourth best Platinum title

MGR is better than anything Kojima's put his name on since MGS2.

Zaph

We'd just have to agree to ban any spoilers from the thread.

Yeah, I'd like to see this happen. Like, a ban on all MGS5 story discussion, even spoiler tagged. Joke spoiler tags are used too often so they're kinda useless (plus people don't always label what they're spoiling).

Myggen

Yeah, I'd like to see this happen. Like, a ban on all MGS5 story discussion, even spoiler tagged. Joke spoiler tags are used too often so they're kinda useless (plus people don't always label what they're spoiling).

Agreed. Keeping the MGSV discussions to the dedicated threads. People are also extremely sensitive about spoilers when it comes to this game, the location where you start off is regarded as spoilers by a lot of people.

It's kind of exciting that we have very little idea of where MGS V is going. At the same time it's a bit worrisome if that impression about the game being 5% story after a 40 hour playthrough is accurate.

Definitely going to be a unique Metal Gear game! But then they all are I suppose.

styl3s

Yeah, that seems awkward. I'm sure you can work it out.
I made sure everything was correct from Rorie before going ahead. I boxed everything up i just need to get a shipping label and send it out. Probably won't get around to shipping it till monday.

mattp

Wait, he never played MG1 or MG2?

I mean, the whole crux of the MGS series... about how everything's a cycle... I mean that stuff kind of hinges on MG1 and MG2.

oh come on. that isn't really true at all
i'm pretty sure most people have not played those 2 games
the second one wasn't even easily playable in the west until 3 subsistence came out

That's a good point. And the PC release date for Phantom Pain actually got moved up.

I am been super pessimistic, but everything is telling me to expect bad things about the PC release. The concurrent release is the biggie. It might not be on fire (like Assassin's Creed Unity was), but I feel it is at least going to be messy - and that seems enough to piss of sections of the PC audience.

If an outside party has any hands in the PC port (other than Bluepoint Games), then there will be problems, Konami even have a history of horribleness in that regard.

robotrock

Banned
It's kind of exciting that we have very little idea of where MGS V is going. At the same time it's a bit worrisome if that impression about the game being 5% story after a 40 hour playthrough is accurate.

Definitely going to be a unique Metal Gear game! But then they all are I suppose.

Where did that impression come from?

I am been super pessimistic, but everything is telling me to expect bad things about the PC release. The concurrent release is the biggie. It might not be on fire (like Assassin's Creed Unity was), but I feelit is at least going to be messy - and that seems enough to piss of sections of the PC audience.

If an outside party has any hands in the PC port (other than Bluepoint Games), then there will be problems, Konami even have a history of horribleness in that regard.

Well,

the last few Konami PC releases have been pretty good. Ground Zeroes, the Castlevania LOS games, and Metal Gear Rising all were fully playable at launch with few if any issues at all.

I mean i get the concern for AAA PC launches but strangely enough Konami has been nailing it for some time now.

Anjin M

I made sure everything was correct from Rorie before going ahead. I boxed everything up i just need to get a shipping label and send it out. Probably won't get around to shipping it till monday.

Very cool. Rorie is best duder.

I look forward to the eventual mailbag. :)

Er, I guess we need to say our goodbyes to thread 15.

Well,

the last few Konami PC releases have been pretty good. Ground Zeroes, the Castlevania LOS games, and Metal Gear Rising all were fully playable at launch with few if any issues at all.

I mean i get the concern for AAA PC launches but strangely enough Konami has been nailing it for some time now.

Metal Gear Rising came to PC 11 months after consoles
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow came to PC 3 years after consoles
Ground Zeroes came to PC 10 months after consoles.

MGSV is a concurrent release with consoles

I'd love it to be a great experience, but the last few years have made me look for warning signs when it comes to PC gaming, and there are a few red flags for MGSV IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom