• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan says Metal Gear is his "absolute favorite thing in entertainment" yet hasn't played MG1, MG2, Peace Walker, Revengeance, and Portable Ops. Okay.

I think Dan once said he played Revengeance, but was not a big fan. That always confused me as he likes the Bayonetta and DMC games - so that style mixed with Metal Gear should be his favourite thing.

Peace Walker is a great game
1362713678_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

styl3s

After watching Dan get all excited at America Raynor in HOTS i really want to send him a double of my America Raynor funko mini figure but have no idea where to send that stuff.

Also, Dan playing and enjoying a MOBA i never thought i would see the day.

Heroes of the Storm is great. Had a lot of fun in the tutorials. Kinda scared of playing with other people though, since I'm bad :(
Don't worry most people are bad including myself.

Let's be bad together

Peace Walker is a great game
1362713678_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

until the end game grind kicks in. But up until the first ending, i'd agree with you, it's a terrific game and well worth playing.

now portable ops, that can eat a bag of raccoon dicks.

Reveangance has got to be the most overrated game on the internet, it's like the fourth best Platinum title

Let's see:

The Bayo games are top tier
Then Vanquish, the best third person shooter no one played.
Then MGR?

I'm okay with that. MGR was clearly a short development cycle and didn't have the top Platinum staff on it and it was still pretty damn good.

What MGR needed was an MGR2, a game that has a proper +2 year development cycle and builds off the first game. Too bad that'll never happen now

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
After watching Dan get all excited at America Raynor in HOTS i really want to send him a double of my America Raynor funko mini figure but have no idea where to send that stuff.

Also, Dan playing and enjoying a MOBA i never thought i would see the day.

Don't worry most people are bad including myself.

Let's be bad together

When Dan's tried before he didn't have Drew to hold his hand tbf

I think Dan once said he played Revengeance, but was not a big fan. That always confused me as he likes the Bayonetta and DMC games - so that style mixed with Metal Gear should be his favourite thing.

Revengeance didn't really have the depth or amount of polish or variety of Bayonetta.

Its still a bummer we are never getting a sequel. Rising was ok but you could tell it was slapped together in barely over a year. They should have gotten a second crack at it.

Its the WWE All Stars of Character Action games. Really solid base to build something on that never got built upon.

Its what I also find surprising. Especially since he loves Solidus in MGS2 being the president and doing all this cool, weird shit. He'd definitely love the final sequence in Revengeance.

What are these numbers
vvvvv

tchocky

Dan says Metal Gear is his "absolute favorite thing in entertainment" yet hasn't played MG1, MG2, Peace Walker, Revengeance, and Portable Ops. Okay.

Dan has played Rising and said he liked how ridiculous it was but he was not a fan of it. He has played some of Peace Walker and the early Metal Gears but didn't get that far.

alr1ght

So is he not a true fan or something? What are you getting at exactly?

He's the one that said Metal Gear is his "absolute favorite thing in entertainment."

You'd think someone dropping that phrase would play everything he could get his hands on.

Anjin M

From the GB forums:

For the attention of Dan Ryckert
Giant Bomb
CBS Interactive
235 2nd Street
San Francisco CA 94105
United States

FYI for folks interested in MGSV: Ebay has folks selling their Nvidia keys for $35 for a Steam version of the game. Just bought it myself because i need to know how quiet Chico is in the game.

Of course some of you are weirdos and want physical copies which is just silly really

Myggen

He's the one that said Metal Gear is his "absolute favorite thing in entertainment."

You'd think someone dropping that phrase would play everything he could get his hands on.

He's played Revengance, he's just not a very big fan of it. He started PW, but didn't finish it IIRC. The first two games are such a different thing that I won't really hold it against him.

He might've said that "modern, mainline MGS" is his favourite series to avoid the Metal Gear super fans getting all elitist about it.

Hopefully I'm able to finish Shadowrun and Until Dawn before it comes out. Can't believe it's finally almost here!

Still can't believe Newegg gave it to me for free. I also got Witcher 3 as part of the modbot raffles sometime last year so I'm very happy.

alr1ght

I kind of want that robo-arm for some reason, but $100 want. Sick, I know.

The first two games are such a different thing that I won't really hold it against him.
It's what the entire story is based upon. They're actually pretty fun and can be beaten relatively quickly.

Myggen

It's what the entire story is based upon. They're actually pretty fun and can be beaten relatively quickly.

I'm sure he's well aware. I just think it's weird to question in any case if anyone's a big enough fan of something they say they're a big fan of, especially as the first two games are so light on story you can read up on them in about 15 minutes.

edit: And as tchocky mentioned, IIRC as with PW he played some of at least MG2 but didn't care for how it played.

Have the crew said anything about Until Dawn? Think Alex enjoyed Heavy Rain and liked Beyond with a few reservations.

If the game is dynamic as they've promised it's everything I've wanted in a choice focused game for years. 8 characters, tons of different combination for who lives, and so on. Just worry it'll end up being more limited than it seems. Ie, no way for 5 characters to live or no way for every to survive so only certain combinations are possible and so on.

The problem with the original MG games is they don't make sense anymore with the way the series has been going. The opening to MG2 flat-out says the world is at peace, conflicts are being resolved, and nukes have been renounced. Fast-forward to MGS2 and every nation has a Metal Gear.

I haven't watched metal gear scanlon since MGS1 finished

I'm so behind

I'm assuming we can expect ground zeroes level of PC performance?

might get a steam key from ebay then

The problem with the original MG games is they don't make sense anymore with the way the series has been going. The opening to MG2 flat-out says the world is at peace, conflicts are being resolved, and nukes have been renounced. Fast-forward to MGS2 and every nation has a Metal Gear.

Yeah, Kojima has been retconning MG since MGS. Most of MGS's description of events in the MG games is off from how they happened in the games. It's just that since the MSX versions of those games hadn't been released before MGS there wasn't a fanbase who actually cared about that stuff back then

HOLY SHIT I had to literally pull out my ear buds when Brad started talking about the Star-Wars trailer on the latest podcast.

Almost got my 3 year media black out spoiled for me on trailer stuff............

pffffff

Paying non-refundable money for a Japanese developed PC game before release seems like a mistake to me

Ground Zeroes was a stellar PC release.
In conclusion, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is a phenomenal PC port. There are flaws but they are small, few and far between and easily patchable. As Kojima Production's debut game on PC, I'm impressed by the lack of crashes, the stable frame-rate and fluid controls. If anything, this goes to show that the next gen experience does not require 16GB of RAM, 4GB of VRAM and 50GB HDD space and I think that speaks volumes about the quality of production on their behalf.
We've had worse AAA PC releases from North American publishers this year than Ground Zeroes by far.

Haunted

see that's where the appeal is completely lost on me

I don't have the sense of bigger numbers anymore when it's all encoded in letters and little exponents.

The numbers get theoretically bigger, but they don't feel as if they do, know what I mean? And of course, the usual problem that there's a distinct curve to every single one of these clicker games, where it takes longer and longer to reach meaningful (harhar) interactions with the game the longer you play.

Ground Zeroes was a stellar PC release.

We've had worse AAA PC releases from North American publishers this year than Ground Zeroes by far.
So were the Arkham games before Knight.

Just saying, being patient usually pays off.

Myggen

see that's where the appeal is completely lost on me

I don't have the sense of bigger numbers anymore when it's all encoded in letters and little exponents.

The numbers get theoretically bigger, but they don't feel as if they do, know what I mean? And of course, the usual problem that there's a distinct curve to every single one of these clicker games, where it takes longer and longer to reach meaningful (harhar) interactions with the game the longer you play.

Isn't it just something like the Diablo franchise without the gameplay? Click click click reward click click click reward etc. etc.

I can see the appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom