• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #15 | Just a Clip-On Tie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Blacklist was fucking awesome.
Right? It came and went so quickly, and nobody at GB played it. It really executed on the ideas Conviction tried, and brought back the best stealth elements of the old games.
There's a lesson to be learned here.
The lesson they're teaching is to just pirate the game. It's awful that even the steam version of their games forces Uplay upon you.

The last level of Blacklist is so good, ending is really goofy but it still had me shouting oh shit which I rarely do in Tom Clancy America hoorah garbage.

Edit: Specifically mean the really obvious
you weren't playing as Sam
twist

Conviction was a tighter, better game than Blacklist which went all over the place and ultimately tried to satisfy everyone too hard. There, I said it. Also Blacklist was politically abhorrent and way less compelling.

Zornack

Finally beat Castlevania 3, goddamn that game gets serious at the end. So good though. I don't know if Vinny is going to be beating this one...

I like multiplayer coop games, but not if it's coop competitive. Relying on teammates or having teammates rely on me is way too stressful to really enjoy a game.

Gandie

Heroes of the Storm is great. Had a lot of fun in the tutorials. Kinda scared of playing with other people though, since I'm bad :(

Aerocrane

Right? It came and went so quickly, and nobody at GB played it. It really executed on the ideas Conviction tried, and brought back the best stealth elements of the old games.

Grimm's missions in co-op were fantastic. In general most of the co-op content was a lot of fun. The PC version could've used Chaos Theory's scroll wheel to change movement speed mechanic as being without it in Blacklist means that higher difficulties basically require playing with a controller to limit Sam's movement speed and noise he makes.

hamchan

I think Dan's onto something with the two Big Bosses thing. It would explain how he "survived" after MG2. That would mean he had 4 clones, though (Evil Big Boss, Solidus, Liquid, and Solid). Of course, that would then make 5 different versions of Big Boss aka V. That kind of crazy number thing is exactly what Kojima would do.

Or maybe not exactly a clone, but they somehow managed to copy Big Boss's face onto the medic in that helicopter. Dude's face is all wrapped in bandages in all the trailers and he's voiced by Keifer when they could have used any random NPC voice. Oh god now we sound like those head transplant people.

Grimm's missions in co-op were fantastic. In general most of the co-op content was a lot of fun. The PC version could've used Chaos Theory's scroll wheel to change movement speed mechanic as being without it in Blacklist means that higher difficulties basically require playing with a controller to limit Sam's movement speed and noise he makes.
Yeah I imagine that would be frustrating. I played with a controller on PC, only using keyboard and mouse when playing as mercs in SvM.

Or maybe not exactly a clone, but they somehow managed to copy Big Boss's face onto the medic in that helicopter. Dude's face is all wrapped in bandages in all the trailers and he's voiced by Keifer when they could have used any random NPC voice. Oh god now we sound like those head transplant people.

what if Quiet is Chico but Chico is wearing a Quiet mask and underneath the mask he had gene therapy and now looks identical to Big Boss because he has an unending adoration for him and wants to kill Ocelot for trying to steal his mancrush

BearPawB

Banned
I play HotS when I am alone,
and Dota 2 with my friends.

HotS is great for quick little bursts. But it rarely gets me half as excited/tense/any emotional state as Dota.

It is a cooldown game.

Gazlowe is the bestest.

robotrock

Banned
Do we know how Metal Gear Scanlon V is going to work yet? I've missed every episode since MGS4 Episode 10 and I don't know if they've talked about it yet. Are they going to do the vault thing?

My honest "whats up with Chico?" predations.

1: In keeping with the grimdark tone of MGSV it turns out he committed suicide soon after the events of GZ and is only mentioned by other characters in TPP.

2: He grows up to be decoy octopus.

Have there been any implications that he didn't just die in the helicopter crash?
That's been my thinking
save for the fact Kojima seems terrible about leaving things lie.

I've just read the summary of what happens to Chico and Paz between PW & the start of Ground Zeroes, because I'd forgotten why he was captured.

Ugh.

I think I may have logged 10 hours into Crusader Kings 2 so far and I still have no idea how to properly play that game.

But man... I want to keep trying. Someone tried to emulate that game in board game form recently, but I can't even imagine staying friends after playing.

santeesioux

I think I may have logged 10 hours into Crusader Kings 2 so far and I still have no idea how to properly play that game.

But man... I want to keep trying. Someone tried to emulate that game in board game form recently, but I can't even imagine staying friends after playing.

I've logged an embarrassing amount of time in that game and still don't know how to do everything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom