• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

i just got home from work and im going to do it.

im going to go to a store, and BUY DESTINY. i'm going to pick up a box, hand it to the cashier, and say "this, please, I am a person that wants to play this." the box will say "destiny" for the play station 4.

then im going to buy PS Plus so I can play it online. then i'm going to pick up a controller to play a first person shooter at 30 frames per second, and i am going to scream the whole time. just holler my lungs out.

If you like getting phat loot this is a pretty good game for that. As Brad said, after the expansion hit it became a lot easier to recommend. Lots of good content to see now when you start from the base game.

Also the shooting feels really really good it'll totally make you cum

I might also take advantage of that trade in your DS4 for a 35 dollar credit for the new Xbone controller, should i do that? the new xbone controller would be for my PC. I'm using a DS4 right now and I have two DS4s, but I no longer need two DS4s because I'm not at school.

If you like getting phat loot this is a pretty good game for that. As Brad said, after the expansion hit it became a lot easier to recommend. Lots of good content to see now when you start from the base game.

tumblr_mwcfzs76WY1qeuiqyo4_250.gif

I might also take advantage of that trade in your DS4 for a 35 dollar credit for the new Xbone controller, should i do that? the new xbone controller would be for my PC. I'm using a DS4 right now and I have two DS4s, but I no longer need two DS4s because I'm not at school.

I'm think of switching when the wireless dongle comes out for PC. I love the DS4 and using it with windows has been almost flawless for me but mine is falling apart and I'm not a fan of the battery life. I don't want to replace it with another DS4 for it to just fall apart again.

I'm think of switching when the wireless dongle comes out for PC. I love the DS4 and using it with windows has been almost flawless for me but mine is falling apart and I'm not a fan of the battery life. I don't want to replace it with another DS4 for it to just fall apart again.

The only real DS4 plus for me is that I have one and the sweet color changing LED. I pretty much only use it plugged in, maybe I'll grab a dongle when I upgrade to windows 10, but I just think the One's controller seems a bit more comfortable maybe for long periods of time. I'll have to get my mitts on one in the store to test that out.

I traded in my Day One for that lunar white one. Holy shit, it is the best controller I've ever held. And it looks fucking sweet.

Joeku

What if my vocalization during the act is only ancillary to Destiny? Y'know, not "Oh yeah, arc damage Dammerung," but rather "Oh yeah, I'm dealing with a non-60 fps shooter!"?

I guess pre-Taken King it could have been accurately called self-flagellation.

I'm really enjoying the game after having restarted it with a new character and all expansions two days ago. Everything that isn't shooting is flowing so much better than it did before.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

im going to go to a store, and BUY DESTINY. i'm going to pick up a box, hand it to the cashier, and say "this, please, I am a person that wants to play this." the box will say "destiny" for the play station 4.

then im going to buy PS Plus so I can play it online. then i'm going to pick up a controller to play a first person shooter at 30 frames per second, and i am going to scream the whole time. just holler my lungs out.

Just couldn't stay away once they announced they're implementing microtransactions, huh?

Lelcar

I played the shit out of Destiny when it first came out, put in a hundred hours, did the first raid, but I've literally not touched it since then last year. I bought the season pass, but I never went back to the game for the expansions for some reason.

Now, a year later, I'm thinking about getting TTK and jumping back in again. Hmm.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Enjoy your 20GB patch.

Excellent start to Metal Gear Scanlon. I actually didn't know about the Loadouts either, but I never really change anything between missions so I wasn't wanting for it.

Myggen

Excellent start to Metal Gear Scanlon. I actually didn't know about the Loadouts either, but I never really change anything between missions so I wasn't wanting for it.

I finished the game without realizing. But yeah, I usually stick with what works in games so if anyone should miss something like that it's me.

Hagi

Is it too late for the guys to talk about this Destiny micro transaction shit on the bombcast? I'm never really current on when they record the podcasts. I really want to hear what Jeff thinks of their plans for the future of the game and how it's going to be another thing for Brad to spend money on for cosmetic items.

i would hit the button to switch loadout by mistake and the game would tell me i had higher grade equipment i got excited until i found out it was for the new loadout

Is it too late for the guys to talk about this Destiny micro transaction shit on the bombcast? I'm never really current on when they record the podcasts. I really want to hear what Jeff thinks of their plans for the future of the game and how it's going to be another thing for Brad to spend money on for cosmetic items.

It's usually the day before the podcast goes up that it's recorded, so they'll be recording it tomorrow.

How satisfactory is the destiny experience if you give fuck all about the raids? Have TTK but haven't started it yetis

I asked the same question during the raid and people said that the raid, while having the best gear, is largely for the "power" destiny people and your experience should be fine if you don't raid. Haven't played so don't know, just repeating what I heard.

Myggen

They normally record the podcast today, so if that news broke recently it probably is.

Hagi

It's usually the day before the podcast goes up that it's recorded, so they'll be recording it tomorrow.

Isn't it going up today? It's Tuesday here already.

i got some news for you

Yeah must be today lol oh well I'm sure they'll about it at some point

They normally record the podcast today, so if that news broke recently it probably is.

I think it broke like an hour ago so maybe they caught it but if not it's not a big deal.

Wait what? I thought-- ...

I swear I thought it was a Wednesday podcast, and I have good reason. When I was employed, I would download the SBF cast that went up on Monday night/Tuesday morning to listen to while working on Tuesday, and since I didn't have internet on my phone (or, well, didn't want to use my data), I didn't download the Bombcast until Wednesday, so Bombcast became a Wednesday podcast in my head.

Weird that it hasn't sorted out even though I've been out of work for a few months now.

Teddified

Eh I don't think the destiny news is that big of a deal. When Destiny 2 comes out I'm sure they will charge for it, and possibly the first few DLC of that version too.

I'm going to do it. I'm starting a new game+ playthrough of the Witcher 3 in preparation of the new content coming next week. Apparently, I need to reach level 60 to play it in new game+.

Lelcar

When was the last time they ended a Quick Look with somebody walking out? Also, is there a list of all the times someone has left during a QL? I remember there's that Ryan one with the dinosaur game and I think Brad comes in half way through

danm999

Yesterday was a public holiday for me so it feels all out of whack as well as to what is Monday and Tuesday.

When was the last time they ended a Quick Look with somebody walking out? Also, is there a list of all the times someone has left during a QL? I remember there's that Ryan one with the dinosaur game and I think Brad comes in half way through

Oh please. Let me introduce you two. Rider meet horse, horse meet rider.

Eh I don't think the destiny news is that big of a deal. When Destiny 2 comes out I'm sure they will charge for it, and possibly the first few DLC of that version too.

Yeah I agree, if Destiny fans aren't used to being fucked over by DLC at this point then I don't think they really care that much but are just bitching to bitch.

Well now that I figured out why I was confused, I don't think the microtransactions is terribly news worthy. It's the same thing Warframe does so if anything, I'll just wait until that starts to jump into Destiny.

Hagi

It really depends on the extent of the plan they have laid out but as long as it does stick to shaders and pointless stuff like that it should be a big deal because the free stuff should outweigh that by a huge margin. I think there is already leaks for the next two dlc so shouldn't be too long to see what happens.

I asked the same question during the raid and people said that the raid, while having the best gear, is largely for the "power" destiny people and your experience should be fine if you don't raid. Haven't played so don't know, just repeating what I heard.
Cool. I kinda want to play it like I did with PSO and borderlands where I basically solo'd but maybe once in a while played it with a friend. Good to know it works for that. Thanks!

Teddified

It really depends on the extent of the plan they have laid out but as long as it does stick to shaders and pointless stuff like that it should be a big deal because the free stuff should outweigh that by a huge margin. I think there is already leaks for the next two dlc so shouldn't be too long to see what happens.

Yeah, just too much is unknown for me to care about it right now.

kingocfs

You fucked up

Tubobutts

I need the return of Unplugged from GB West, with Austin as DM, it's too perfect not to happen.

LET V-BOMB RAPTURE

As long as it includes Vinny and not Dan "Hey look at me I'm meta-gaming" Ryckert.

And they play a 40k game. I want to see Vinny as a Rogue Trader or a Space Marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom