• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #16 | DO... DONK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

The podcast advertising ecosystem has just been cut in half. All we got now is Anime and snacks.

I'm sure G2A will try to fill the void, they're bloody spreading everywhere else. Hopefully most legit gaming sites tell them where to shove it.

strafer

So Dan, I don't know if you were joking or not but the reason you're so loud throwing up is you, you are making it loud.

When I throw up I just open my mouth and let it all go. No sound. No witnesses.

I have done it at a local mcdonalds that was full, no one heard. I've done it home at night when people were sleeping, they had no idea I was throwing up.

So Dan, remember the next time, don't try to make sounds, just open your mouth and go.

I'm the throw up master.

Jintor

How about anime about snacks?

kon7.gif

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
"FUCK ANIME!

That's what you want to do, right? PervBox, a new subscription based service offers a monthly delivery of anime themed stickers to put on your fleshlight for just $9.99 per month."

Funnily enough I put fuck anime in my tinder profile after a few women in London asked me what my favourite anime is (If it isn't Bebop, Satoshi Kon or FMA then fuck it) and someone suggested something very similar to that

danm999

How the hell is Draft Kings not considered gambling?

And I say that as someone from a country (Australia) where gambling is absolutely everywhere and sports betting is ubiquitous.

Ah well, when that folds they can go back to doing purely anime ads.

If only there was something that combined anime and gambling.

Actually, holy shit, Giant Bomb could do ads for FOB insurance!

How the hell is Draft Kings not considered gambling?

And I say that as someone from a country (Australia) where gambling is absolutely everywhere and sports betting is ubiquitous.

Ah well, when that folds they can go back to doing purely anime ads.

If only there was something that combined anime and gambling.

Actually, holy shit, Giant Bomb could do ads for FOB insurance!
It's not considered gambling if you can argue that the game isn't random and can be won with skill.

Jintor

remember that ronin game they QL'd a while back?

just finished it and vinny was pretty spot on about the fact that not being entirely sure of what was going to happen at the end of your turn was a real friggin bummer. As it ramps up in complexity stuff begins to happen where you're not entirely sure if the option you've just chosen is actually going to do the thing you want it to instead of you getting shot out of the air or landing juuuuust out of killing range or whatever and it's real bullshit.

anyway, i guess i'll go play transformers or something

Scizzy

Because it's Fantasy Sports and that makes it a "game of skill" and not a "game of chance." It's a legal fine line.

This is just the rationalization the DFS sites use and it's gibberish, since poker and sports betting are plainly "games of skill" in the same vein. The real reason is that the UIGEA bill, which outlawed online gambling, allowed an exception for fantasy sports, imagining only the types of informal fantasy leagues among friends. The DFS have taken advantage of the loophole in a way plainly unintended by the framers of the law.

Ah, that makes sense and is probably part of the reason why the legal hammer is coming down. I just looked into news articles about it in the past and that's what I remember.

5 hours until Transformers unlocks on steam.

It doesn't seem like a conmon issue yet but if you are going to try out mgo
don't its a big bummer
back up your save before you do.

My save got corrupted

Luckily I had a back up avaliable

I now own Persona 3 portable.

I am not sure where my Vita is but maybe I should fine it. Could use another 100 hour RPG to fill the time I have in between Witcher 3, MGSV grinding and waiting for Fallout 4 and hoping it isnt busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom