• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaloha

I see. Ach. I really don't care to spend effort going into the hole. I just keep reaching in and grabbing what's spiky at that moment. I guess the shonen stuff has a habit of being 'spiky'..?

Like, I'm hoping for Cowboy Bebop series stuff, and I appreciate that CB is probably high watermark level, but things that at least aspire to that level of being both entertaining and respectful of their audience's intelligence. Shit, something even as trusting as a Samurai Jack level of show, which I guess would have this 'shonen' classification as it travelled into JP's distribution. I might just be rambling now simply because I'm amused by the notion of the thread closing with anime discussion.

edit: yesss

Guess Who

Banned
Erased is good and has an interesting concept. Some of the execution of the plot down the line is sloppy, but I think it is probably the best anime this year so far.

It's not even the best anime of the season, my friend

bvYY0bh.gif

FluxWaveZ

I see. Ach. I really don't care to spend effort going into the hole. I just keep reaching in and grabbing what's spiky at that moment. I guess the shonen stuff has a habit of being 'spiky'..?

Like, I'm hoping for Cowboy Bebop series stuff, and I appreciate that CB is probably high watermark level, but things that at least aspire to that level of being both entertaining and respectful of their audience's intelligence. Shit, something even as trusting as a Samurai Jack level of show, which I guess would have this 'shonen' classification as it travelled into JP's distribution. I might just be rambling now simply because I'm amused by the notion of the thread closing with anime discussion.

Death Parade. Welcome to the NHK. Monster.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They were pretty down on Pokken and I have no idea why.

edit Sorry, didn't want to disturb the 50th anime discussion in this thread.

They were pretty down on Pokken and I have no idea why.

Fighters are hard? Been loving the high detail Pokemon models and R. Pika is amazing.

Shonens are easy to make and market. Samurai Jack is no where near Shonen... If you can find analogies to DBZ, it's a shonen. Often with the protagonist powering up, or attaining a new power level or ability that makes old antagonists easy, but there's always a new antagonist around the corner.

I've been going through a repeated cycle of remembering "Oh yeah, Erased is that show with the old Ajikan song as the intro, I should watch it," opening it up in a tab, forgetting about it, eventually losing my open tabs, and starting the cycle anew two weeks later.

Noaloha

Ping Pong.
I remember watching a live action JP film called Ping Pong yeeears ago and thinking it was fucking great. And yes, now you mention it, I have seen a few gifs of that anime and think it looked neat. Thanks. Gonna set that as a goal. And also Erased because it's supposedly good! Too!

demidar

Haven't watched the QL yet (or even seen much of Pokken), but they were high on Nitro+ Blasterz whatever, so that should tell you something, probably.

That they don't like fighting games unless it has Ryu or anime girls?

Speaking of fighters, KoF14 has been looking really damn good.

TraBuch

Banned
I remember watching a live action JP film called Ping Pong yeeears ago and thinking it was fucking great. And yes, now you mention it, I have seen a few gifs of that anime and think it looked neat. Thanks. Gonna set that as a goal. And also Erased because it's supposedly good! Too!
If you like it, try The Tatami Galaxy afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom