• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So does anyone else feel like The Witness fell off the game discussion radar in general almost immediately?

because I feel like I haven't heard a soul talking about it since after about a week of launch

StoveOven

Banned
So does anyone else feel like The Witness fell off the game discussion radar in general almost immediately?

because I feel like I haven't heard a soul talking about it since after about a week of launch

I guess. I mean, it's a game that everyone who wanted to play would do so right away, so it's not that surprising that discussion on it has pretty much stopped. However, it did dominate discussion for about two or three weeks after it launched

tuxfool

Banned
In case anybody is unaware Danny had some special GDC sessions of the Lobby, which IMO were super interesting. They talk generally about media in general, the business of games development in general (The initial links are the Video).

The Witcher 3 & Cyberpunk 2077 with Marcin Iwinski - GDC Developer Sessions
CD Projekt Co-Founder Marcin Iwinski talks to Danny about the success of The Witcher 3, the hype surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 and the future of their independent studio.
pocast from

Frogs, Fractions, and the Risk & Reward of Going Indie - GDC Developer Sessions
Danny sits down with Frog Fractions Creator Jim Crawford, and Adam & Rebekah Saltsman, the creative team behind Canabalt, Overland & more, to talk the nuts & bolts of making games independently.
podcast form

What's the Future of Video Games Coverage? - GDC Sessions
Where is games coverage falling short? What's a sustainable audience? Why does diversity matter? Danny sits down with Cool Ghosts' Matt Less and Kahlief Adams & Shareef Jackson of Spawn on Me Podcast to discuss these questions and more.~
podcast form

They are all about 40~60 minutes and all excellent in their own way.

Zekes!

Not gonna lie, The Witness was all I played for like a week plus, but after I finished with it I completely forgot about it until now

I don't think it's the game's fault, I think this year has been somewhat exciting already with everything going on

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

People are still "working out" that game. It's far too big and dense for it to be something that'll be in the constant eye of the media. If blow hid anything in there I suspect that's when news will start to break out or if there's just more to be found.

I doubt it's the last we've heard from that game.

Also 100ppp or no dice.

Meneses

Do we want to complain about people talking about The Witness too much, or complain about people not talking about The Witness enough?

jaina

In case anybody is unaware Danny had some special GDC sessions of the Lobby, which IMO were super interesting. They talk generally about media in general, the business of games development in general (The initial links are the Video).

CD Projekt Co-Founder Marcin Iwinski talks to Danny about the success of The Witcher 3, the hype surrounding Cyberpunk 2077 and the future of their independent studio.
pocast from

Danny sits down with Frog Fractions Creator Jim Crawford, and Adam & Rebekah Saltsman, the creative team behind Canabalt, Overland & more, to talk the nuts & bolts of making games independently.
podcast form

Where is games coverage falling short? What's a sustainable audience? Why does diversity matter? Danny sits down with Cool Ghosts' Matt Less and Kahlief Adams & Shareef Jackson of Spawn on Me Podcast to discuss these questions and more.~
podcast form

thank you very much for compiling these

Wunder

pocast from

podcast form

podcast form

Just listened to that games coverage one, recommend it for anyone who's into content creation and that kind of stuff in today's internet world

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

pocast from

podcast form

podcast form

Good stuff, thank you for this

Man.

The stuff Dan did is crazy and the fact he got away 99% scott free is just half crazy and half fucking hilarious

As someone who worked a bit in the media industry and has seen people get chewed up and spat out for a lot less, Dan's past is both hilarious and insanely infuriating.

Dude totally shouldnt be working a media job but gosh darn it I cant help but be envious that someone like THAT could make it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
As someone who worked a bit in the media industry and has seen people get chewed up and spat out for a lot less, Dan's past both hilarious and irrevocably infuriating.

Dude totally shouldnt be working a media job but gosh darn it I cant help but be envious that someone like THAT could make it.
If he can make it, anyone can.

KingKong

I mean he's a videogame journalist and minor celebrity and he got there by working videogame journalist jobs and networking, lets not act like he fell ass backwards into it or something

JonCha

I mean he's a videogame journalist and minor celebrity and he got there by working videogame journalist jobs and networking, lets not act like he fell ass backwards into it or something

Yeah, I kinda agree. I think Dan's one of those people that is more intelligent than he lets on, for sure.

Myggen

Nah man, Forrest Gump blah blah blah. That's a new joke, right?

Bacon

Strange how the hardest working people who aggressively chase every opportunity available are always the most lucky

popo

Just picked up a rescue dog that is apparently called "Rory". What are the odds. The lady said that the shelter assign names at random, but I don't want to go against fate.

One of the posters was popo.

Sure it wan't The Popo. I am a fan of neither.

Had this thought too. The only women there and they're shuttered off to a dark side area where they can't really talk cause it's so close to the show. I assumed they'd be on the couch at some point. Seemed like a bit of a misstep there.

They were using it as a green room. Maybe they didn't want to be on camera. Maybe they were there to film something else before and just wanted to watch the show. You can read motives in to it but without context, who knows? GB seem happy to have anyone on the show who want to be there, so I doubt they were shunned or anything.

Just picked up a rescue dog that is apparently called "Rory". What are the odds. The lady said that the shelter assign names at random, but I don't want to go against fate.

Congrats. My first dog w/ my wife (we're now onto #3), we named her Rory (so well before GB chomping and moreso Gilmore Girls inspired). She was a German Shep Mix. That was also 13 years ago, my goodness.

Anyway, nice on the shelter dog. Well done.

jaina

tumblr_m2wfs45W9d1qiu38po1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom