• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

Lunar called it about a month ago.
What does one have to do to get the GB OT 21?
I'm more than happy to give anyone else a chance. I'm mostly here to make sure this never happens again.

Keep in mind, you have about forty days until the next thread.
Sweet, I'll probably start working on it in a week or so. :)

edit://
Also, the best title is Giant Bomb #21 | You fucking beat 'em, Gerstmann
from 2 pages ago

Reminder: this is the thread title all of us agreed on

Giant Bomb XXI | Architectures and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

EDIT: actually, make sure you spell it "Architects"

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
tumblr_m2wfs45W9d1qiu38po1_500.jpg

This is the face of a man who is just thinking "Fuck yeah! A DOG!"

Fjolle

If you think GT fanboys are obnoxious, you're really not going to want to invite twoofers in here.

Zaph

I'm in half a mind to throw together the laziest OT just to make sure the title is correct. We had some pushback on that one which cannot stand

So why did Uncharted get pushed back if it's already gold?

As you know, Naughty Dog is wrapping up production on Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End with the game on track to go gold and into production later this month. In an effort to meet the considerable worldwide demand, and to ensure that all gamers worldwide have the opportunity to play the game on day one, we have chosen to postpone the launch of the game by two weeks to allow for extra manufacturing time.

That's what they said when they announced the delay.

Noaloha

I have a brief anime question and I think this is the place to ask those, at the very least during weekends, if only as a potential tangent to.. the other weekend stuff.

I don't really like anime. I want to though. I want to find the anime which'll click with me. Which isn't 50% exposition and recaps. To the point then, I keep seeing the show Erased mentioned. Is this a good one? Is it good, but also typical? Or is it good and also something a little braver / more trusting than the typical? Does a viewer need to be an anime fan to stay with it? I've seen a few folk say that its a reet legit proper little drama, so I'm curious.

Zaph

I have a brief anime question and I think this is the place to ask those, at the very least during weekends, if only as a potential tangent to.. the other weekend stuff.

I don't really like anime. I want to though. I want to find the anime which'll click with me. Which isn't 50% exposition and recaps. To the point then, I keep seeing the show Erased mentioned. Is this a good one? Is it good, but also typical? Or is it good and also something a little braver / more trusting than the typical? Does a viewer need to be an anime fan to stay with it? I've seen a few folk say that its a reet legit proper little drama, so I'm curious.
You're already on the right side of history. Why open that door?

Noaloha

Real talk, I have no. fucking. idea. why I keep giving anime repeat chances after my enduring attempted foci focis insist on flaccidly receding back into their little lairs.

But, Erased is supposed to be hot stuff yes?

FluxWaveZ

Erased is the current hotness. You'll have to detail what you've tried before,it might just be that anime isn't for you.

I don't think this sentiment makes sense. It'd be like someone playing Ubisoft open world games, Call of Duty and some MOBAs, finding them boring, and coming to the conclusion that video games are not for them.

Noaloha

Erased is the current hotness. You'll have to detail what you've tried before, it might just be that anime isn't for you.

HxH kept me going to the end of season one, it was a little bit of a chore, but I enjoyed parts of it. (After finishing S1, I looked and saw there were 4 more seasons and just immediately noped the fuck out.) I just felt a bunch of the time I spent watching the show was super super fucking patronising and recap-ey. The dialogue was typically just "here's an interesting idea that I'm going to tell you, in explicit exposition, rather than show you." I tried One Punch Man. Got a few chuckles out of me, some fun action stuff. It was just okay. Bit damp squibby by the end. Ah, I've tried lots, the Death Note, the Attack On Titan, Gunnen Laggan??(sp, sorry), blah blah.

I think there's a part of my brain which clings to teen-me, watching Akira, GitS 1 and 2, Perfect Blue, Oedo 808, enjoying them immensely. My specific question about Erased is whether it's typical anime (is it fair to use 'tell don't show' as a descriptor of typical anime, plotwise?), or something which is confident enough to let its actions, setting and incidental dialog carry the narrative.

Erased is good and has an interesting concept. Some of the execution of the plot down the line is sloppy, but I think it is probably the best anime this year so far.

I don't think this sentiment makes sense. It'd be like someone playing Ubisoft open world games, Call of Duty and some MOBAs, finding them boring, and coming to the conclusion that video games are not for them.

If he had a diverse range of shows and genres that weren't catching him, then maybe there was something to the medium that wasn't attracting his attention. Plenty of people I knew in college won't bother with anime because of the animated drawing or, in the case of no dubs, the fact that they have to read while watching (and a few hated it because it was japanese).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I know it's the weekend, but come on. This thread is almost dead. We should show it come respect.

FluxWaveZ

If he had a diverse range of shows and genres that weren't catching him, then maybe there was something to the medium that wasn't attracting his attention. Plenty of people I knew in college won't bother with anime because of the animated drawing or, in the case of no dubs, the fact that they have to read while watching (and a few hated it because it was japanese).

I guess following the game analogy, video games wouldn't be for some people because they do not like player agency or controllers. But it sounds like Noahola's problems derive from storytelling/writing, an aspect which is not universal across all works in the anime medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom