• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GIVEAWAY - Hogwarts Legacy Meme Contest. Some Gold Too.

RhyDin

z5xFZ3x.png

Last edited:

MegalonJJ

Banned
The banning going on elsewhere is laughable - it's essentially censorship because you can't say basic facts anymore.

I feel that Santa is real, so it's my truth, and you're bigot if you disagree.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hey that's cultural appropriation, I identify as santa and because I do you have to accept that. One more of those comments and I will report you and have you banned.

Misogyny is back in full swing dressed up behind Woman-Face*. Counting down the clock when making lasagna at home is cultural appropriation and thus segregation is celebrated by these ill people.

*But also remember gender is a social construct, so I don't fit into these socially constructed norms. But don't call out my Woman-Face dress up based exactly on the aforementioned socially constructed norms. I'm a She-Wolf anyway so suck it amirite.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
DPrkmP3.jpg
idiots
This people see racism in everything...
The dumbest part is, in all the reviews and discussions, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody actually say they like Frey’s character or Forspoken’s writing in general. All I’ve seen is “weird how you don’t dislike this other thing equally as much as Forspoken, I wonder why that is!!”

They know it’s shit but they still can’t pass up an opportunity to call people racists and misogynists. It’s like their favorite pastime.

Way to kick off Black History Month, you’re really helping POC by white knighting for a game you don’t even like.

SaiyanRaoh

As far as anyone knows, has ‘era ever had any members come here to directly to trash Gaf after a thread like this or hell, any reason? How about them trying to destroy the forum? Nothing would make me happier to see representatives of that forum triggered over what you all do in here.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
I was finally able to pre order a copy of this game at gamestop. I would have got it at amazon instead, but they were out at the time, and they did not have the deluxe edition also, which sucks. Pre ordered the basic version at gamestop because they did not have the deluxe edition either. I hope that content comes to the dlc store sometime soon.

in other news, the forspoken board at gamefaqs has a meltdown topic about "Racists are review bombing this game." But you just know every single one of those people would praise review bombing if they were doing it to Hogwarts Legacy.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I was finally able to pre order a copy of this game at gamestop. I would have got it at amazon instead, but they were out at the time, and they did not have the deluxe edition also, which sucks. Pre ordered the basic version at gamestop because they did not have the deluxe edition either. I hope that content comes to the dlc store sometime soon.

in other news, the forspoken board at gamefaqs has a meltdown topic about "Racists are review bombing this game." But you just know every single one of those people would praise review bombing if they were doing it to Hogwarts Legacy.

ebf6MSq.jpg

Lol pretty sure this dude was just trolling.

-Zelda-

Banned
^Ya never can tell, to be honest. Gamefaqs has been going the resetera direction for a good while lately, despite them being even less relevant than Resetera. Gamefaqs is resetera-lite at this point. It would not surprise me at all in this "woke era" we live in they users like that really believe the stupidity that flies out there mouth or is typed into a forum post.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

On the other hand, yesterday's "most anticipated games for February" poll:

Not only is HL winning, but people are openly saying they're hyped for that game... and *gasp* not getting banned for it!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
^Ya never can tell, to be honest. Gamefaqs has been going the resetera direction for a good while lately, despite them being even less relevant than Resetera. Gamefaqs is resetera-lite at this point. It would not surprise me at all in this "woke era" we live in they users like that really believe the stupidity that flies out there mouth or is typed into a forum post.
I’ve been on the PS5 board recently and it actually hasn’t been bad at all. In the various Forspoken threads most people pretty much agreed that it sucked, there is just 1 or 2 dipshits trying to claim that people hate it because of racism/misogyny/whatever and they mostly get mocked for it.

There was a thread asking if you were boycotting Hogwarts Legacy and the vast majority of respondents said “no” and made fun of the idea. There were 2 people in that thread who were shrieking about TERFs and MAGAs and stuff, only one of whom actually attempted to argue in favor of the boycott. The other one had nothing of substance to say, they’d just post terse, snarky 1-line responses like your typical dimwitted bottom-feeder.

That thread made it all the way to 500 without being locked or deleted. The quality of discussion is terrible as always but I don’t think the mods are too heavy handed.

Goalus

JK Rowling is absolutely right in what she says. She actually has a lot of support amongst gay people, its the trans mob that has issues with her
I'd go even further and assume that actual trans women (who "deserve" the she/her label) are not mad at all at JK Rowling. I'm pretty sure it's mostly they/thems or wannabe she/hers that look and sound like they/thems at best who hate themselves.

Last edited:

Ghost23

got my copy today!! thanks again Mattyp Mattyp

played it already for 4 hours straight. the game is so good, the devs put so much heart love and soul into the game and details
IHVoJcV.jpg
Very jealous, this is the one time I regret going all digital D: but glad to hear you’re having fun! Can’t wait till Monday night

Krathoon

I will see if mine delivers or ships right on the 7th.
Sometimes Best Buy shipping goes really fast.

Last edited:

TVexperto

Very jealous, this is the one time I regret going all digital D: but glad to hear you’re having fun! Can’t wait till Monday night
im really surprised, never got a game days before official release.

Its really sooo good. Ive been playing 8 plus hours straight and cancelled all plans today🤣

dext3rr

883.png

(Not original as I'm not Zendex, but well documented & probably can't be topped as it's real)

Edit: if I am allowed to win, can I donate my prize to my older brother? It is his birthday in Feb 💪

My awesome partner has got me the deluxe retail version preordered (it's a two year late Christmas present) XD
I got a perm ban in the TLoU Part 2 thread, when I asked why can you shoot to the Virgin Mary statues but not the menorahs or stars of David in the synagogue. Reason? RACIST TROLLING. That was genuine question as I was curious.

anthony2690

Banned
I got a perm ban in the TLoU Part 2 thread, when I asked why can you shoot to the Virgin Mary statues but not the menorahs or stars of David in the synagogue. Reason? RACIST TROLLING. That was genuine question as I was curious.
That's crazy for asking a legitimate question, they could just answer your question rather than tarring you as a racist and perma banning you.

JakeWolf

I think the funniest part is that the Reeee- mods are probably all going to play this game, while banning everyone who even dare mentions its name.

dorkimoe

883.png

(Not original as I'm not Zendex, but well documented & probably can't be topped as it's real)

Edit: if I am allowed to win, can I donate my prize to my older brother? It is his birthday in Feb 💪

My awesome partner has got me the deluxe retail version preordered (it's a two year late Christmas present) XD
holy shit lol

edit: YOU CANT EVNE DISCUSS THE GAME LOL

Last edited:

Rush2112

Banned
Reddit is declaring victory because of one trans character in the game. They went from boycotting the game to loving it because one set of dick and balls with skirt. Thats all it took.

Oublieux

Reddit is declaring victory because of one trans character in the game. They went from boycotting the game to loving it because one set of dick and balls with skirt. Thats all it took.
Looks like my prediction / original content is going to become true :messenger_grinning_sweat::

I know this contest is over, and I am sad I didn't see it, but here ya go. Whipped this up based in Powerpoint, ha:

Q793SQr.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom