• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GLOW |OT| The highest rated wrestling program on television - Netflix June 23rd

DeathyBoy

Banned
k4eB2iA.gif

That is my favourite autocorrect ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Machu Pichu's brothers, the fat one was in the WWE right? I know his face

Episode 10

That was amazing. Loved every bit of it, and the outfits were on point. Jenny, Debbie, and Ruth especially looked amazing. The swerve at the end was perfect too, haha.

Fantastic season. Really liked every character. Kinda wish it was a bit longer since the episodes were only half an hour. Can't wait for season 2.

Fury451

Banned
I love the 30 minute format for this show. It feels brisk and tight, and leaves you wanting more.

The Marvel shows would benefit a lot from this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dint think we need 10 seasons, but it will be a crime if we dont get a second season. We need to see at least 1 season with
the show actually on tv.
That being said I think the natural order for the story is for the
show (the wrestling show in the story) to be quickly canceled so I dont see it being more than 3 seasons or something.

Does Ruth ever become likeable?

The fuck?

orioto

Good Art™
Yes, depending on your criteria for likable. It's interesting that the star of the show more or less is the one who's the hardest to warm up to.

I find that interesting that she has to deal with the fact that she's not naturally over or charismatic, and that she has to find her way and her gimmick. That's sooo many wrestlers story.

And Debbie is sooooooo Roman Reigns

ash321

Apparently Ruth and Debbie's actresses doesn't like to work with Carlito and what his name the brother ?

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-821-alison-brie-betty-gilpin

Some quote:
Maron: "There was a day when you trained with the actual wrestlers?"
Brie: "Oof, that was a weird day."
Gilpin: "A weird day."
Brie: "Really weird."
M: "Oh yeah? Why because of the real wrestlers?"
both sigh
G: "Well..."
alison brie nervously hums in the background
M: "Oh, maybe this is an off mic conversation?"
Both: "Mmm-hmm."
G: "That was the only day that I felt, a little like..."
M: "Unsafe?"
G: "Not unsafe, just like, sigh oh right, I have tits the size of dead dogs and people-"
M: "Look at them?"
alison brie laughs
G: "...notice that sometimes."

Jeeeeeeezzzzzz

No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does. If you can’t root for the main character in some way it is to the detriment of the show. If I don’t care about what’s happening to her the show suffers.

Th supporting cast is good, which is keeping me watching, but Ruth is shit. And no amount of “oh she’s just flawed!” changes that.

ash321

I didn't realise that character was played by a real wrestler; she is very, very good. She is also in the best scene of the series

I've never watched any wrestling and loved this.
I laugh so hard at her match in the last ep.

Knowing wrestling, that probably an actual gimmick at some point lol.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm thankful as fuck this show is only 30 minutes long for each episode. It's starting to be a real chore binging through shows with 50min.+ episodes, even when they're entertaining.

That said, the last two shows I binged were House of Cards and OiTNB, which both had lacking seasons this year imo, so yea...

Zabka

Just finished the finale and I loved it. Some of my favorite moments:
Debbie realizing that wrestling is a soap opera
Sam describing the movie he's been trying to create for the past ten years
Ruth being obnoxious at the briss but eventually winning everyone over with the song from Yentl
Ruth's entrance in the finale
Bash and Carmen
Bash going nuts on commentary in the finale
Sheila

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I finished episode 7. Loving this show. I loved when Brie's character was trying different accents/character (shout out to the Auntie Christ).

120v

probably been asked, but is this faithful at all to the "true story" or just a broad strokes kind of thing?

Top Bottom